Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

A newbie who needs help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tunerjunky is an unknown quantity at this point
A newbie who needs help please

Another newbie on a forum
Hey guys, I'm new to this whole forum thing. So please excuse me if I say something out of the ordinary. Alright so I have a 1997 Honda Civic LX manual. I have had the thing for about a year. I haven't done much to it since I bought it from some old guy who didn't beat on it n used it as his daily driving car. Me being a student and not having a job didn't really help but I at least made sure I changed my oil and filter every 3k miles no matter what. Well I just started working and probably will make around $900 a month tops after taxes so I wanna start working on this car slowly. I have done couple of things such as changed the spark plugs(NGk) and spark plug wires(Bosch). Also i changed the front rotors with drilled rotors and ceramic brake pads. I'm planning on changing the rear drum pads soon. I just want to know what are some of the things I should invest some money on. I have a list in mind for some of the things I want to put on this car, just bolt on things. I don't have the money to go out and put a turbo on this thing but I do want to make the car better than it is right now. So please guys if you have any suggestions it would help. I don't want to turn this car into a ricer, just want to have nice taste full mods, things which would make the car more enjoyable to drive and have a little kick to it at the same time.
Thanks for reading and look forward to reading the feedback.
Old 06-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about
Re: A newbie who needs help please

Your new to forums? Fair enough. But here are a couple quick tips: (1) don't double-post, and (2) post in the appropriate section for what you're gonna say.

Anyway, best advice anyone can give you is to do what you like. Check out Honda Tuning magazine (or their website) (or any other tuning magazine for imports)... look through the DIYs here on this forum...
Get some ideas by looking at other rides... what do you like? Why? What do you think is stupid? Why?

That's the best way to start. Screw what *I* think you should like, and same goes for everyone else on this forum. What kinda car do YOU wanna be seen in?

Good luck!
Old 06-24-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: A newbie who needs help please

and 3, SEARCH becuase its most likely....no... GUARANTEED that it has been talked about before.