Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

d16y7 chattering sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
montanacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
d16y7 chattering sound

hey guys, im new to the honda world, i just picked up a 97 civic coupe, love this car, i have had it for a few days & last night it started making like a chattering noise either by the head or some where on the drivers side, car dont smoke, no power loss, no weird idleing, ect.. from the searching it said i need to adjust the valves?? any honda pros that could help this newbie out?? thanks again folks
Old 08-29-2015
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: d16y7 chattering sound

Originally Posted by montanacivic
hey guys, im new to the honda world, i just picked up a 97 civic coupe, love this car, i have had it for a few days & last night it started making like a chattering noise either by the head or some where on the drivers side, car dont smoke, no power loss, no weird idleing, ect.. from the searching it said i need to adjust the valves?? any honda pros that could help this newbie out?? thanks again folks
Post a video please.Could be a broken motor mount. Could be a loose exhaust.. hard to tell without vid.