Quick Question? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2009   #1
Registered!!

m3Lo1523 will become famous soon enoughm3Lo1523 will become famous soon enough
Quick Question?

Okay here's what i'm wondering... i'm planning to get an intake and exhaust system for my 'vic but if in the future i do a frankenstein swap will the intake and exhaust system fit then?
m3Lo1523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #2
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quick Question?

if you have a d17, and your swap is putting in a K20/24, then probably not...

the intake for a d series is near the firewall... and on a k-series is near the radiator... thus the exhaust is the opposite...
but as far as the midpipe on back, i do not know.
manahoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #3
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

Yeah if you are doing a D17 to a K20/24 and spending that kind of money you might as well get the right exhaust and intake as well.
PitchBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #4
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

The header will be different- the exhaust on the K series is on the back of the engine next to the firewall as stated, where as its on the front of the D series. The only thing with the exhaust that will be the same will be the hanger locations. You probably will have to do a custom flange off of the midpipe of whatever exhaust you pick up to mount to the header.
TRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #5
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

do the k swap first then the intake and exhaust.
TemjinX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #6
Registered!!

pacotaco is an unknown quantity at this point

im guessing for everyone that is saying k seireis when he means frankenstein engine swap he means the g23 http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...dge/index.html its called the frankenstein but anyways exhaust manifolds only fit the block they are ment for some do but im shure a d17 wolnt fit on an f23 or a k20 or a b18 anyways intakes dont realy matter all it is is piping and a filter you can make your own easly but it depends on the motor direction and space and w.e so if ur doing a swap dont buy parts buy parts after
pacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #7
Registered!!

twiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nice

Wow thats some nice number matching and damn good researce for that guy to mix and match for a low budget build. Kodos to that guy
twiztedD17A1 is offline   Reply With Quote