Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

help QUICK!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about
help QUICK!

guys im installing my basic as of right now. i got the fronts in but now im working on the rear. i loosen the bolt on the bottom and its almost out but then i realize it starts to turn in one place. its not coming out anymore, wat can i do? i try to pull it out its hard in place.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

BigVic4545 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: help QUICK!

lol...u need to basically hammer it out....use a hex wrench or screwdriver and hit it with a hammer...it comes out easily....BTW when putting the bolt back in ur gonna have to remove the bolts from the control arm in order to put the bolt in easily.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

ok i'm gonna be the first to say huh... i'm assuming you are installing suspension. that bolt on the bottom, you can either put a jack underneath it and take the stress off the bolt. or put a screw driver in the hole and whack it with a hammer.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Have someone jump up and down on the drum. That will make the holes line up so you can pull the bolt out.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

Palindrome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Have someone jump up and down on the drum. That will make the holes line up so you can pull the bolt out.
Thats what i did with mine. I had my most healthy (fattest) friend stand on the drum while i put the bolt in.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baron340
ok i'm gonna be the first to say huh... i'm assuming you are installing suspension. that bolt on the bottom, you can either put a jack underneath it and take the stress off the bolt. or put a screw driver in the hole and whack it with a hammer.
I don't know if I would hammer it out. Push on the end of the bolt with a screw driver while unscrewing it. That way your not going to futz up the threads.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

coolio i got it out. i jacked up the drums a lil bit to lessen the binding. then i used a screwdriver and pound on it lil. now im still not finished, i cant the rear driver side nut off. the one that is in the corner hella hard to reach. i got the other side off iono why i cant on this side. its on there reallly tight
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

The nut on the bottom of the shock should be welded on the bracket. If its one of the nuts on the top of the shock inside the cabin then good luck. I have a sedan so I had a bit of room back there to fiddle around with.
Old 11-19-2008

Albertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, just make sure you're not twisting the nut welded on the control arm, because that would be foolish, lol. Use a breaker bar, or if you can afford it, rent out an air compressor, and buy an impact wrench. Then return it. It's the asian way.

Don't forget to put on anti-seize before you put those bolts back on!!!
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

EnvyX will become famous soon enough

I used an air wrench @ 130 psi and it didn't budge..
Somehow my dad managed to get it out though.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

im not talkin bout the nut on the bottom anymore. the 2 nuts in the trunk that holds the strut. 1 of them wont come off. waiting for a friend to stop by with a solution. i wanna finish my car before tomorrow
Old 11-20-2008
Registered!!

ampong has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Is it already solved? What's the update to this?
Old 11-21-2008
Registered!!

thank you everyone. i got this done this morning. i noticed the rear can go much lower then the front. i love them already. now to get camber kit for the rear