Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   help QUICK! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/312366-help-quick.html)

mrbanhbao 11-19-2008 05:57 PM

help QUICK!

guys im installing my basic as of right now. i got the fronts in but now im working on the rear. i loosen the bolt on the bottom and its almost out but then i realize it starts to turn in one place. its not coming out anymore, wat can i do? i try to pull it out its hard in place.

BigVic4545 11-19-2008 06:08 PM

Re: help QUICK!

lol...u need to basically hammer it out....use a hex wrench or screwdriver and hit it with a hammer...it comes out easily....BTW when putting the bolt back in ur gonna have to remove the bolts from the control arm in order to put the bolt in easily.

baron340 11-19-2008 06:09 PM

ok i'm gonna be the first to say huh... i'm assuming you are installing suspension. that bolt on the bottom, you can either put a jack underneath it and take the stress off the bolt. or put a screw driver in the hole and whack it with a hammer.

lordhelmet 11-19-2008 07:04 PM

Have someone jump up and down on the drum. That will make the holes line up so you can pull the bolt out.

Palindrome 11-19-2008 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by lordhelmet (Post 4363706)
Have someone jump up and down on the drum. That will make the holes line up so you can pull the bolt out.

Thats what i did with mine. I had my most healthy (fattest) friend stand on the drum while i put the bolt in.

lordhelmet 11-19-2008 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by baron340 (Post 4363692)
ok i'm gonna be the first to say huh... i'm assuming you are installing suspension. that bolt on the bottom, you can either put a jack underneath it and take the stress off the bolt. or put a screw driver in the hole and whack it with a hammer.

I don't know if I would hammer it out. Push on the end of the bolt with a screw driver while unscrewing it. That way your not going to futz up the threads.

mrbanhbao 11-19-2008 08:17 PM

coolio i got it out. i jacked up the drums a lil bit to lessen the binding. then i used a screwdriver and pound on it lil. now im still not finished, i cant the rear driver side nut off. the one that is in the corner hella hard to reach. i got the other side off iono why i cant on this side. its on there reallly tight

lordhelmet 11-19-2008 08:27 PM

The nut on the bottom of the shock should be welded on the bracket. If its one of the nuts on the top of the shock inside the cabin then good luck. I have a sedan so I had a bit of room back there to fiddle around with.

Albertross 11-19-2008 09:12 PM

Yeah, just make sure you're not twisting the nut welded on the control arm, because that would be foolish, lol. Use a breaker bar, or if you can afford it, rent out an air compressor, and buy an impact wrench. Then return it. It's the asian way.

Don't forget to put on anti-seize before you put those bolts back on!!!

EnvyX 11-19-2008 10:47 PM

I used an air wrench @ 130 psi and it didn't budge..
Somehow my dad managed to get it out though.

mrbanhbao 11-19-2008 11:01 PM

im not talkin bout the nut on the bottom anymore. the 2 nuts in the trunk that holds the strut. 1 of them wont come off. waiting for a friend to stop by with a solution. i wanna finish my car before tomorrow

ampong 11-20-2008 11:12 PM

Is it already solved? What's the update to this?

mrbanhbao 11-21-2008 01:01 AM

thank you everyone. i got this done this morning. i noticed the rear can go much lower then the front. i love them already. now to get camber kit for the rear