Front tow hook? - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2008   #31
Registered!!

mazdakiril is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Front tow hook?

I guess everyone has their own opinion, i just dont see it that way because there are lot of nice looking cars on this website and im sure most have the no motor mods.

When you put the tow hook send me pics i wanna see how it looks.

As for the bush comment and not being american, all i have to say is im from canada and everyone knows that the states is our pimp, and thats why i can judge bush.
mazdakiril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #32
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Has this site really gone downhill so much that people will negative rep without giving a name? I mean, come on. If you don't like me, man up to it.

A cosmetic-only toy hook? You've got to agree that's lame. Threads like this solidify this site's reputation as a ricer haven, mindless bickering or not.
Unevolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #33
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unevolved View Post
But if he didn't want people's opinions, why would he post it on an open board on the internet? Surely he's not that stupid, that he didn't realize his question was very truly "open to the public."
He did want people opinions, on where/how he should mount his tow hook. Not anything yall want to comment on. Just because you put something on the internet, it isn't an open invitation to flame somebody. The whole point of a community based forum is to help out people and talk to people with similar interests. And yes, some people ask questions that are so stupid they deserve to be flammed but he didn't so lets just get back on topic.

Quote:
Has this site really gone downhill so much that people will negative rep without giving a name? I mean, come on. If you don't like me, man up to it.

A cosmetic-only toy hook? You've got to agree that's lame. Threads like this solidify this site's reputation as a ricer haven, mindless bickering or not.
do you really care that you got a negative rep? Don't say crap about the reputation of a site you haven't even been a member of for a whole 2 months.
cinaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #34

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

I've been around since this site kicked *** and Derek owned it. This isn't my original SN. Get your facts straight, man. Not only that, but my tag says Feb 2007, which, I believe, was more than two months ago.

But whatever. Now it's senseless arguing. I'd tried to keep it away from personal attacks, but it seems that's where you want to take it.

Old 03-25-2008   #35
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Get this thread back to where its supposed to be going or its gonna go bye bye.
Boilermaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #36
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve

u can use zip ties...jp try and fabricate to the bumper maybe
allmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #37
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX View Post
In my attempt to contribute for anyone asking in relation to legitimate track purposes, are you looking to install the hook in the OEM place behind the bumper or to have it sticking out through the bumper?
DeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX View Post

Are you quoting yourself? Now I'm confused.
Old 03-25-2008   #39
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

post up your car , we will see who is rice. /end

This tow hook is functional but more so for looks than function, its like a CF hood/ trunk, rear tie bar, strut bar, intake, exhaust , header on a d17 etc etc. I can go on forever.

and dex, I dont want to put a hole in my bumper so through the lower grill. The oem tow hook is way to far back

I want it like this

Last edited by 1sykcivic; 03-25-2008 at 08:09 PM.
1sykcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #40
Registered!!

I<3JDM is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont think there is a place to mount the tow hook to make it go through the grill, a friend of mines made his go through the fog light place on the passenger side looks dope...good luck man let me know if you find a way i wanna do this too
I<3JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #41
Registered!!

jdmplease is an unknown quantity at this point

does ur friend ahve a 7th gen? if so post pics for ts
jdmplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #42
Registered!!

yeah hes got a 7th gen, ill try to get some up
Old 03-25-2008   #43
Registered!!

ondalow01 has a spectacular aura aboutondalow01 has a spectacular aura about

here's this 7th gen got one. i think it looks nice but is it really worth the hastle.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den
ondalow01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #44
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Quote:
Are you quoting yourself? Now I'm confused.
Ya, repeating myself since nobody answered me the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sykcivic View Post
and dex, I dont want to put a hole in my bumper so through the lower grill. The oem tow hook is way to far back

I want it like this
I said track only.
Old 03-26-2008   #45
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondalow01 View Post
here's this 7th gen got one. i think it looks nice but is it really worth the hastle.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den
thats lionel hes on this site his sn is pinoyjdmr you should ask him for help
Old 03-26-2008   #46

If you want it to come through the grill, it looks like you're going to have to fabricate a mount. Since it's going to be cosmetic-only, it shouldn't matter too much. I imagine you could get a shop to do it for you, if you could convince them you weren't joking.
Old 03-26-2008   #47
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

good luck with the tow hook, i personally dont like them that much...its looks fine on the integra pic posted tho
Mr_Plenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #48
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

i think it only looks rice when it sticks way far out
cinaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #49
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor View Post
u can use zip ties...
or duck tape, since this hook has no real functionality, just find some metal and tape that sucker on there, its not like you will ever be worried that the hook will tear off, in all the track use the hook will have to be seeing
chkolny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by chkolny View Post
or duck tape, since this hook has no real functionality, just find some metal and tape that sucker on there, its not like you will ever be worried that the hook will tear off, in all the track use the hook will have to be seeing
This, ladies and gentlemen, is called sarcasm.
Old 03-27-2008   #51
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chkolny View Post
I was about to correct you until I found this when searching for an appropriate image!

Quote:
Is it Duct or Duck? I don’t want you to be confused, so I will explain. The first name for Duct Tape was DUCK. During World War II the U.S. Military needed a waterproof tape to keep the moisture out of ammunition cases. So, they enlisted the Johnson and Johnson Permacel Division to manufacture the tape. Because it was waterproof, everyone referred to it as “duck” tape (like water off a duck’s back). Military personnel discovered that the tape was good for lots more than keeping out water. They used it for Jeep repair, fixing stuff on their guns, strapping equipment to their clothing… the list is endless.

After the War, the housing industry was booming and someone discovered that the tape was great for joining the heating and air conditioning duct work. So, the color was changed from army green to the silvery color we are familiar with today and people started to refer to it as “duct tape*.” Therefore, either name is appropriate.

Today, Duck® brand Tape is manufactured by Henkel Consumer Adhesives. After thoroughly familiarizing ourselves with the hundreds of duct tapes on the market, I have found Duck® brand Tape to be the most consistent in quality. And, delighted with the large array of colors that they manufacture (including camo tape and new “X-Treme Tape” which comes in hot day-glo colors).

So, whether you call it Duct Tape or Duck Tape… you are still using the “Ultimate Power Tool” in our estimation.
Old 03-28-2008   #52
cant boost cuz it'll wreck the name

BOOSTLESSD17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Y ou guys wonder why this site is going to ****? some of yous are just on here to flame the f*** out of people and hyjack their thread over a simple question not "opinion" Grow up ricer jokes are lame
BOOSTLESSD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #53
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

im with you ^^^
civic-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #54
Registered!!

str8t_dominican is an unknown quantity at this point

DAts Deff True ^^
str8t_dominican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #55
Registered!!

BoneStOck_176 is an unknown quantity at this point

ricer jokes are cooL!! ricers liven up the road with their humongous wings and chrome 18" rims, and 'danger' body kits... the term ricer is just not coherent to this conversation!! long live ricers!!
BoneStOck_176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #56
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

naws.
armieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #57

I'm adding cool stickers to my car. Stay tuned.
Old 03-31-2008   #58
Registered!!

Polo2k4 will become famous soon enough

Thats actually a pretty clean tow set up.Minus the tow sticker lol
Polo2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #59
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I imagine you could get a shop to do it for you, if you could convince them you weren't joking.
You're actually a contributing factor to the reason why this site is going downhill... even though IMO its not. Its just you'se guys who keep coming in saying, "oh man this place sure isn't like the old days or man 7th gen used to be so much better". Oh well get over it, move on stop your bitching. Sure you're an old timer, but grow up...

On and on he goes, when he'll stop, NOBODY KNOWS!!!

Stop the flaming and help the guy or GTFO

Edit: OP I would head over to HT's Appearance & Cosmetic forum and search around for a little bit. You'll find tons of people with those hooks and you could ask them how they went about it.. If you dont have an account with HT, and needed some help, I could post up a thread about it over there or PM a few people and find out whats up. LMK
DsevenEm2 is offline   Reply With Quote