Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

If you dont know how to drive...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Re: If you dont know how to drive...

haha..i saw a few of them and theyre pretty clean. I just dont know about luxury sedans. I want more of a "sports" car.

As for the part out. Not sure whats going to happen yet. Only thing I would have to sell would be the wheels, coilovers and exhaust.
Old 01-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spoonEM
What are those IS's going for these days? That may not be a bad idea. hahahah
Looking on autotrader and autobytel, ebay they run between 13-17K depending on condition. A new IS 350 is in the 37K range.

Seriously, check out some of the guys on my.is.... pump a LOT of cash into their rides but having a rwd sportscar with that much power and a straight 6 is a nice combo.

Agreed with the other guy about gs300 V8, but it is a gs300... too big of a car for my tastes.
Old 01-10-2008
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice

get the new accord coupe, or 08 si
Old 01-10-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

I don't understand, are you still going after the kid?
Old 01-10-2008
Registered!!

J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by reddawnman
Looking on autotrader and autobytel, ebay they run between 13-17K depending on condition. A new IS 350 is in the 37K range.

Seriously, check out some of the guys on my.is.... pump a LOT of cash into their rides but having a rwd sportscar with that much power and a straight 6 is a nice combo.

Agreed with the other guy about gs300 V8, but it is a gs300... too big of a car for my tastes.
it is a boat of a car thats for sure. but my god a guy i work with has one thats chipped, has some susp. work, a full exhaust, and some 20's, and it is sooo bad ***. the sound alone will make you have wet dreams.
Old 01-10-2008
Registered!!

Tokoyama is an unknown quantity at this point

i say go for the IS300, i own one and love it, 2jz-ge motor is just plain sex, and if you want you can either boost it, or swap in the 2jz-gte motor, but just plan on spending big bucks on even the smallest mods for this car though, only draw back, but its worth it IMO
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Here are some choices that I have found for under 20k. I can afford a more expensive car, but I dont want the payments.

A few Evos, WRX, IS300, GS300, 350Z, 8thgen Si, RSX-s, Accord V6 6spd, and thats about it. I have seen a ton other, but those are the ones Im really interested in. I even found an 06 si with navi for 19k at a dealership by my house. This weekend Im going car shopping so well see what I find.

I talked to the insurance a few hours ago and it looks like theyre going to pay it off. So now instead of being upside down, I get to start with a clean slate. I guess its not THAT bad, but it still sucks.

sorry to hear about the at car...sux man.

i suggest getting the evo or a 04-05 sti. Having power and 4dr's is nice.

is300's usually go for around $11k-17k depending on mileage.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

FiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enoughFiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enough

Sorry about your car dude I seriously loved that thing like no other when i lurked in these forums way back.

I like how you got your eye on an evo already w/ volks. Thats pretty bad *** man. But I would choose the new si's... or even the Mugen Si!
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

The mugen SI would be stolen faster than you could say 'mugen SI'
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

FiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enoughFiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enough

Haha very true. Does Honda even equip the new si's with alarms?
Old 01-11-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

You could easily get a two way put in for like, 500$, and that's a good one.
Old 01-11-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

^I can get a 2 way with remote start installed for around $100. hahah

So now I need to find stock struts and springs QUICK. I dont care if theyre blown, from a sedan or coupe, or even what year theyre from. I need to have stock struts so I can take my Tein coilovers off and sell them. I already found stock steelies, a stock head unit, stock speakers. All i need now is a stock airbox, and stock muffler. Anyone Have these things? Like I said, I dont care about the condition, theyre going to destroy the car anyways. Also, if someone wants the 04-05 tails, let me know. Im going to need something to put back in its place, and even the mirrors.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

I have the stock springs and airbox just sitting in a box downstairs. I came so very close to throwing them out. Where in california are you located?
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all

^I can get a 2 way with remote start installed for around $100. hahah

So now I need to find stock struts and springs QUICK. I dont care if theyre blown, from a sedan or coupe, or even what year theyre from. I need to have stock struts so I can take my Tein coilovers off and sell them. I already found stock steelies, a stock head unit, stock speakers. All i need now is a stock airbox, and stock muffler. Anyone Have these things? Like I said, I dont care about the condition, theyre going to destroy the car anyways. Also, if someone wants the 04-05 tails, let me know. Im going to need something to put back in its place, and even the mirrors.
Would you consider a core exchange type thing? I need new shocks / springs or coilovers... Stock is on now. I'm in Anaheim Hills / YL
Old 01-11-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

Originally Posted by FiveOhFlickr
I have the stock springs and airbox just sitting in a box downstairs. I came so very close to throwing them out. Where in california are you located?
Im in anaheim, right off the 57 freeway. If you want to get rid of the airbox, let me know, Ill give you the address where to ship it to and I can paypal you what you want for it.

Originally Posted by reddawnman
Would you consider a core exchange type thing? I need new shocks / springs or coilovers... Stock is on now. I'm in Anaheim Hills / YL
Well I would be willing to do that, but I would need your car for probably the whole day on Tuesday. I would have to take your stock parts off, take them with me to my car, take off the coilovers, reinstall your springs/struts, and then come back and put the coilovers on your car. If youre willing to do that, shoot me a price and we can go from there.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

I have to head on down to work, but if you still need it, youre more than welcome to have them. Talk to you later tonight!
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Im in anaheim, right off the 57 freeway. If you want to get rid of the airbox, let me know, Ill give you the address where to ship it to and I can paypal you what you want for it.

Well I would be willing to do that, but I would need your car for probably the whole day on Tuesday. I would have to take your stock parts off, take them with me to my car, take off the coilovers, reinstall your springs/struts, and then come back and put the coilovers on your car. If youre willing to do that, shoot me a price and we can go from there.
Hmm. I haven't had the car since wednesday as it's been at Dr. Evil's body shop in orange getting the hood painted and all. I think I'm gonna need my car, unfortunately. That whole "work" thing...

Are these originally off Dezod's Tein "basic" package or are they different?
Old 01-11-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

No, theyre just Tein Basic Dampers. Ive had them for a while and love them.
Old 01-11-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

Originally Posted by FiveOhFlickr
I have to head on down to work, but if you still need it, youre more than welcome to have them. Talk to you later tonight!
cool...where you located?
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

No, theyre just Tein Basic Dampers. Ive had them for a while and love them.
*****. I was considering eibach pro-kit and some HP blues, now I have to contemplate this.

Can't really spare the car tuesday, and el paycheck doesn't come in for a little bit, so I guess I'm gonna have to compete with others when you sell them on the board.
Old 01-11-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

haha...ill probably have them sold by the end of the day. I have a ton of friends who have been bugging me forever to sell them to them. haha
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

hothatch95 is an unknown quantity at this point

damn that sucks man
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough

are you trying to hock your head unit by chance?
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

civicarina will become famous soon enoughcivicarina will become famous soon enough

Who totalled your car? Ur insurance or the kids insurance ?

How much are they paying you for it ?

What about the payements you owed on the civic? Did GAP cover it ?
Old 01-13-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

Well lucky for me, it looks like the insurance is just going to pay it off. So I basically start with a clean slate.

As for the stereo, sorry, Ill be putting that in my new car. Im going shopping today for a little bit, so we'll see what happens.
Old 01-13-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Well lucky for me, it looks like the insurance is just going to pay it off. So I basically start with a clean slate.

As for the stereo, sorry, Ill be putting that in my new car. Im going shopping today for a little bit, so we'll see what happens.
Why did you put a claim into YOUR insurance? Even if he did not admit fault, this should all be handled through HIS insurance. Now you have an accident on your insurance record that your insurance had to pay rather than his. I really hope you plan on taking him to court to get back all you lost.
Old 01-13-2008
Registered!!

fallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by robbclark1
Why did you put a claim into YOUR insurance? Even if he did not admit fault, this should all be handled through HIS insurance. Now you have an accident on your insurance record that your insurance had to pay rather than his. I really hope you plan on taking him to court to get back all you lost.
Yup. If your insurance ends up paying you out, then your rate is gonna sky rocket. Make sure your insurance do not pay you a penny, if they do, it has to be money from the other guy's insurance (i forgot the term for this). Win your case before making any big plans. Sue his *** if that's what it takes.
Old 01-13-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

My insurance has been dealing with his insurance. Its not going to raise my rates at all once he is placed at fault. His insurance is going to reimburse my insurance. I have already talked to my insurance and gotten all the details.
Old 01-13-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

My insurance has been dealing with his insurance. Its not going to raise my rates at all once he is placed at fault. His insurance is going to reimburse my insurance. I have already talked to my insurance and gotten all the details.
ok, good, just making sure.
Old 01-13-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

he's right...if its ruled as 100% his fault..your insurance rates dont change.

Quick Reply: If you dont know how to drive...