Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   If you dont know how to drive... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/303588-if-you-dont-know-how-drive.html)

spoonEM 01-06-2008 09:40 PM

If you dont know how to drive...

...dont drive in the rain. I swear to God there are some stupid mother****ers that have licenses that shouldnt.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...5/accident.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../accident2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../accident3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../accident5.jpg

Long story short, I was in the left lane, stupid ass was in the right lane, and he made an illegal left turn right in front of my car. Looks like its going to end in a fight since the dumbshit made up a false story to the police saying he was just making a lane change. I then told the cop there was no way he was making a lane change. I was going about 40 and he was in my lane at a 90 degree angle, so basically wasnt going anywhere. I told the cop to look at the damage to his car (which was NOTHING) and you can see it wouldnt make sense. If it were a lane change, we wouldve been going roughly about the same speed, and there would have been damage to the rear, which there wasnt. Youll see the damage is on the opposite side because he spun out, which also wouldnt have happened if it were a "lane change". I swear if I get blamed for this, were going to court. UGGH! Sorry...just had to vent.

Discuss.

bakertime 01-06-2008 09:47 PM

Re: If you dont know how to drive...

Oh jeez man, that sucks. Does it look totaled?

Good luck getting it worked out, hope it doesn't turn into a legal battle.

subworm07 01-06-2008 09:48 PM

oh shit sorry man thats messed up!!
and i know how you feel I got hit on Friday night driving home from work..
the lady wasn't watching the Street instead she was talking to her kid and used me as her brakes....slammed me from behind!!Dam Cali drivers..
Good luck with the insurance company

spoonEM 01-06-2008 09:51 PM

Yeah..it sucks balls. If i have to go to court, im not even worried about it. Its alot harder to keep your lies straight than the truth...so hes basically ****ed. haha.

greeen01civic4d 01-06-2008 09:53 PM

dang, that sucks, what r u doin on a donut? u think its totaled?

phuviano 01-06-2008 10:02 PM

Ouchhh, that just looks bad. I hope you win your case.

Alpha 5 01-06-2008 10:03 PM

What a stupid bastard.

I had a person turn left in front of me from the right lane once.
I swerved to miss them and hit a tree. They had no ins. So I had to pay. Was going to sue but they went to jail before I could go to court. They had drug warrants. I hate idiots..... btw, the person that turned in front of me was in an explorer also. lol

greeen01civic4d 01-06-2008 10:07 PM

come to think of it, when i wrecked my jeep, then cut across 2 lanes and i swerved into a telephone pole, and low and behold it was a friggin explorer too

spoonEM 01-06-2008 10:08 PM

haha...i just got a flat the other day, and i was waiting for my new tires to show up. lol

im not positive its totaled, but other than the obvious in the pictures, the radiator is smashed in, the core support is bent, the ac condenser is bent, and i cant get the hood open, so i cant tell what else is wrong with it.

spoonEM 01-06-2008 10:10 PM

**** explorers. thats what i say. and **** stupid 16 year old kids who dont know how to drive. lol

Alpha 5 01-06-2008 10:15 PM

I agree 100%.

No decent person in their right mind would purchase an Exploder. lol
They are the vehicle of choice for white trash and illegals. Truth hurts....

Sady 01-06-2008 10:17 PM

Damn...that blows big time. Thats why I try to stay as far away as possible to ANYONE driving a Ford. They obviously dont care about their car if theyre driving a Ford. Hope you get that shit fixed, on their tab.

civicarina 01-06-2008 10:19 PM

He was a 16 year old and How old are you ??? I was rear ended my a 16yr old last year and I am 26. The cop will definitely beleive your side of the story my friend. And i love the way u wrote the thing about being harder to keep lies straight rather than the truth ;)

Wish u get ur car fixed and get each penny out of em !!!

P.S. Just incase they total it, i need those side mirrors and door handles and is there a lip spoiler too i see?? :p

spoonEM 01-06-2008 10:28 PM

haha...if they total it...ill see what i can grab off it. and no....no lip spoiler, its an 05 and thats the stock bumber. Im 23, but the cop was being a total ****in ******* and seemed like he was siding with the kid

dopes6070 01-06-2008 10:39 PM

Its cause you drive a lowered H car. I highly dought your car is a total loss. KBB on your car is just about 10k and it looks like you have probably 4 - 6k in damage. Your just luckey ur airbags diddnt deploy then it almost definatly would have been totalled.

RHCP0801 01-06-2008 10:44 PM

is that the ******* in the picture walking?

wheelspinLX 01-06-2008 10:46 PM

There is no way they can consider it your fault. Wtf... whether he was changing lanes or being a dip and turning left from the right lane he is in the wrong. It should be cut and dry.

dopes6070 01-06-2008 10:46 PM

OOh and forgot to mention Im glad your ok and I hope that ******* gets whats comming to him.

dopes6070 01-06-2008 10:48 PM

I totally agree with wheelspin. There is no way they can blame you. Dont you have state farm insurance? They are usually really good.

civic4dizoor 01-06-2008 11:15 PM

damn that sucks , DEF not a goodway to start 2008, glad ur ok, def doesnt look totaled , here comes the back and forth phone calls about how the accident happened, but hopefully youre insurance company or other party gets ur car into bodyshop and adjuster to see it asap !

LiKEaFeRiO 01-06-2008 11:22 PM

Ouch sorry to hear.
Hope that kid gets what he deserves.

My mom hydroplaned the Civic and smashed up the front drivers side Friday night.
That's two down lol.

fallout 01-06-2008 11:27 PM

Exact shit happened to me couple years ago. Same exact damage. I'll be around 5k to fix. Making a left or changing lanes, it's still his fault for not looking. Either way, you'll win. Don't even worry about it. At times like this, you hope both the airbags popped so you can get a new ride. hehe.

dopes6070 01-06-2008 11:27 PM

dang rite after I replaced your axle!

Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO (Post 4277821)
Ouch sorry to hear.
Hope that kid gets what he deserves.

My mom hydroplaned the Civic and smashed up the front drivers side Friday night.
That's two down lol.

J Casanova 01-07-2008 12:54 AM

that sucks. hope it gets worked out! im a california native and out of all the places ive lived and been california'ns are the worst drivers in the rain. (next to people in nevada!)

colourwolf 01-07-2008 01:03 AM

typical SUV driver

speedfoos 01-07-2008 01:16 AM

Fawk dude that blows. We need to make it harder to get driver's licenses, plain and simple. I hope you took more pictures of everything. That will definitely help in court. Good luck and kudos for not breaking the kid in half.

Rennen 01-07-2008 01:22 AM

i hate dumb drivers. i just got my car back a couple weeks ago cuz someone hit me. i was kinda hoping that they would total my car so i could get something new, but it was just the passenger side that got messed up. i hope everything works out.

reddawnman 01-07-2008 01:44 AM

Sorry bout your car dude, first big storm all year and people in CA drive like complete ****ing idiots - especially 16 y/o kids with mommy's explorer so they don't get hurt. Document, document, document. Take a whole bunch of photos - and be careful what you post on the net - if we see it, so will he. Get badge numbers, incident report numbers so if you have to go to court you'll be infinitely more prepared.

I would direct you to my "light body work DIY" but that looks like bad times. I think so long as your airbags didn't blow and there wasn't any suspension damage they won't total it - whoever said about 5-6K is probably about right. Needs the whole front assy, both quarters, new tires, rims, wheels, possibly an axle or two. Not to mention the frame pull and paint.

Call Larry H. Parker - He'll FIGHT for you!

(SoCal folks will get that one...)

reddawnman 01-07-2008 01:47 AM

BTW, is that Imperial highway or Brea blvd? I went to high school around there, hah. I thought that shopping center looked familiar... then again, everywhere in suburbia is the same shit no matter if you are in OC or goddamn pennsylvania.

wheelspinLX 01-07-2008 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by speedfoos (Post 4277854)
Fawk dude that blows. We need to make it harder to get driver's licenses, plain and simple. I hope you took more pictures of everything. That will definitely help in court. Good luck and kudos for not breaking the kid in half.

^Agreed on the statement about licenses, its way too easy.