Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

If you dont know how to drive...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If you dont know how to drive...

Well I cant blame you there. I would at least go after the parents to get them to cover your deductable for claiming it under uninsured motorist. Just check with you agent to make sure it wont affect your premium
Old 01-08-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Well I just spoke to his agent again. She said since he is a minor, his dad had to give his consent in order for the insurance to speak to him. Tomorrow morning at 9:30, the insurance will be talking to him and his father, but she told me it sounded like the dad wasnt going to admit fault. He wasnt even ****ing there! BUT, thank God for my camera, she told me its really hard to fight this since I have pictures of the damage which clearly show it wasnt a "lane change". I told her that I dont reallly care what was said because I know what happened and I was going to fight this until it turns out the way it should. So regardless what they say, there is no way for them to dispute the photos I have. This is such a freakin headache.
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Well the father isnt 16 so beat on him lol. What a bunch of **** heads. I bet the kid either lied or really stretched the truth to his dad.
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Just a quick point.
Uninsured motorist insurance does not cover property damage.
It covers personal injury not property.
Your property damage would be covered by your collision insurance.

This is what append when I got hit by the stupid bitch in the exploder, she had no ins and all I has was comprehensive and uninsured. I was feeling ok until they told me that they would not cover my car. So if you have good health insurance there is no need to have uninsured. If you do not believe me call your agent and ask.
Old 01-08-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

^good point, I didn't know that..

Originally Posted by spoonEM
Well I just spoke to his agent again. She said since he is a minor, his dad had to give his consent in order for the insurance to speak to him. Tomorrow morning at 9:30, the insurance will be talking to him and his father, but she told me it sounded like the dad wasnt going to admit fault. He wasnt even ****ing there! BUT, thank God for my camera, she told me its really hard to fight this since I have pictures of the damage which clearly show it wasnt a "lane change". I told her that I dont reallly care what was said because I know what happened and I was going to fight this until it turns out the way it should. So regardless what they say, there is no way for them to dispute the photos I have. This is such a freakin headache.
From now on, I'm leaving my digital camera in my car FOR GOOD lol
Old 01-08-2008
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know why people make things so difficult. It doesn’t matter if it’s a lane change or trying to make an illegal turn. He still HIT YOU!. He is at fault, his insurance company knows it and his daddy cant do anything because he wasn’t there.
Old 01-08-2008
Premium Member

I will be keeping my POS digicam in my car as well. Rob you are so luckey you had your cam because it would have been a lot harder for the insurance to determine fault without pics when he (or dad) is denying it. Ooh and one other thing, what kind of example is daddy setting for his son. BAH I hate people who LIE!!! /rant Sorry Rob LOL
Old 01-08-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

haha..no worries.

And I have full coverage, so Im not too stressed about it just yet. Either way my car is getting fixed or totaled and Ill be getting comensated somehow. Its just a matter of how far theyre willing to take it to try and lie. lol
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all

haha..no worries.

And I have full coverage, so Im not too stressed about it just yet. Either way my car is getting fixed or totaled and Ill be getting comensated somehow. Its just a matter of how far theyre willing to take it to try and lie. lol

Sounds like both of these guys fall from the same branch of the douchebag tree. The father a lying ******* to remind us all of what happens when we don't take responsiblity for our actions, and the son to remind us what happens when stupid people breed. I see this as a teacher all the time - these are the same people that when I tell them their kid keeps bullying someone or acting stupid and excessively disrupting my class, the father says "not MY kid!" or "Why can't the other kid just man up?!"

A true ***** with feet. I too will be keeping a digicam in my car from now on.
Old 01-08-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

I mean seriously, weve all made some mistakes while driving. I fell asleep and rear ended someone a few years ago, but it didnt do any damage to either car, it was just a little bump. Right away though, I admitted fault. Yeah, I ****ed up. THATS why Im mad. If he made a mistake, fine, we all do that, but dont lie about it. Thats just wasting everybodys time.
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all

I mean seriously, weve all made some mistakes while driving. I fell asleep and rear ended someone a few years ago, but it didnt do any damage to either car, it was just a little bump. Right away though, I admitted fault. Yeah, I ****ed up. THATS why Im mad. If he made a mistake, fine, we all do that, but dont lie about it. Thats just wasting everybodys time.

Absolutely. When I was 16, I t-boned a car in the parking lot because i wasn't looking while reaching for a chicken mcnugget. We're all idiots at one point or another. Its just that without a doubt, parents and kids who don't take responsibility for their actions are probably the biggest single thing that is screwing up this country right now.

Well, that and people hiding amoral actions behind the flag of morality...
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm... I don't know about you guys but on the back of my insurance card it says to never admit guilt.

Good luck getting the car fixed (or picking out a new whip) spoon. With pictures I'm betting you'll win and collect some dough. My camera goes everywhere with me for reasons like that.
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Ummm... I don't know about you guys but on the back of my insurance card it says to never admit guilt.
True dat, but there's a difference between shutting up at the scene and out and out lying to your insurance company and to the cops about what happened. Saying "it was my fault" is different than telling the cop the truth and letting him or the insurance company determine guilt. It sounds like in this case the kid should have just told the truth about the lane change instead of claiming a "he cut me off" situation.

Then again, spoon could just be BS'ing as well. This IS the internet, after all. Judging from the photos, i doubt it, though.

On that same card from your ins company, it also says never to talk to a lawyer after an accident. It is widely known that lawyers generally succeed in getting a bigger settlement from the insurance companies. Now, whether most of that goes into their pocket or yours is up for debate, but in my experience I've found that insurance companies have their best interests in mind, not yours.
Old 01-08-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

Well I know for sure it wasnt my fault, but I see where youre coming from.

By the way, so this kis was born 4-4-90. Isnt there a law where you cant drive at night or with passengers for like 6 months? He almost to 17, but if he got his license within the last 6 months, hes screwed.
Old 01-08-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

By the way, so this kis was born 4-4-90. Isnt there a law where you cant drive at night or with passengers for like 6 months? He almost to 17, but if he got his license within the last 6 months, hes screwed.
This law was removed in Ottawa, where I am. Dono' about your hood.
Old 01-08-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

I just checked it out. Looks like its between the hours of 11pm and 5am. He got lucky. haha
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

Wow that sucks...
Kinda reminds me of how my car looked when a guy hit it in the front head on lol but it wasnt an explorer though it was a ISUZU RODEO with the big grill in teh front. You'll have about 3-4 grand in damage if you get all new honda parts and let someone else do the paint job n so forth. Look for broken a/c lines, ac condensor, radiator, radiator & a/c fans and shrouds, headlights, reinforcement bar, absorber, new bumper, new hood, hood hinges, the chasis might need straightning and all the other little bolts n clips. After the fix look for wheel bearings to give out. The thing i like about our civics though is that the engine is a good amount away from the radiator and condensor so you probably dont have any engine damage
Your header migh
Old 01-08-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

Well, since there is no chassis on our cars, if anything it will just be the subframe, that theylly just end up replacing. Im going to tell them that if there are ANY problems with it afterwards, ill be bringing it back. Me and bob spent WAY too much time getting back to normal and maintaining to have some body shop **** around with my car.
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

**your header might be cracked***

That kid and his dad are fuc ups

Yo spoon you gotta love 7thgen aka civicforums...these dudes lightened up the tension in the thread with their jokes lol
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice

So what are you driving around now? Rent-a-car or the G37?????
Old 01-09-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

haha...as of right now im not driving anything. Ill probably be going to rent my car this weekend. lol

Today is the day I find out exactly what the kid told his insurance. This should get interesting.
Old 01-09-2008
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all

Subscribed to see what this kid said. This should be good. Sorry to hear about the car man!! GL with it!!
Old 01-09-2008
Premium Member

Bump for updates!
Old 01-10-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

A little update.

So as suspected, he didnt admit fault. I figured he wouldnt, but now I know for sure. What I did was re-enact the events with a little diagram, and sent that along with the pictures to my insurance adjuster. Tomorrow afternoon I do my recorded statement, and the battle will begin. haha.
Old 01-10-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

What a **** ant. I hate people that do that kind of ****.
Old 01-10-2008
Premium Member

The sad thing is people that waste time like this just increase insurance rates for everyone!
Old 01-10-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

Yeah..its annoying that theyre wasting everyones time. I STILL dont have a rental because I refuse to pay out of my pocket right now and as soon as they find this kid at fault, his insurance will set up the rental for me.
Old 01-10-2008
Registered!!

User 061820 is an unknown quantity at this point

DAMN! that's why stupid people shouldn't drive period....Also, what happened with your back tire spoon'em? gettin a new rim?
Old 01-10-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

Im buying new wheels and tires once I get my tax returns. Im just stuck on which wheels im going with. I cant make up my mind.

I should be going to get my rental car tonight. Once this is all settled, his insurance is taking care of my rental car. I am almost positive I wont be put at fault only because Im going to fight it until I win.
Old 01-10-2008
Premium Member

Dude just roll on 4 doughnuts! ROFL!

Quick Reply: If you dont know how to drive...