Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

If you dont know how to drive...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If you dont know how to drive...

Its State College heading towards Imperial Hwy.
Old 01-07-2008
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

I will be the first to admit at 16 I was a total jackass driver but I never got any tickets and had no accidents. I only screwed around when nobody was around haha.
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice

Goddamn rob, starting out the new year right I see. Good luck with the insurance, it'd be sad to see your civic go.
Old 01-07-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

idk how you can drive in cali. i go nuts just a few times a year driving through there. nevada is better but there are too many ricers all over. and when its snowing everyone drives like nothings happening! hello! lol suvs suck and should be banned for being useless.
Old 01-07-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Yeah, it was right by Imperial and State College. Of course the entire Brea PD shows up because apparantly theres nothing better to do.

I am actually considering fixing it myself, since I have more than enough experience to do this. Plus with Bob helping me out, we'll get it up and running in no time.

Being that Ive never really had to deal with this, im not sure how to go about it. They towed it to the Brea tow yard, and not my house. Do i have it towed to a collision center for the estimate, then towed back to my house?
Old 01-07-2008
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

ha...haha....HHAAHHAHAHHAHA

I think its hilarious that the bitch would try to lie her way out of it like that. She probbably saw that you were either a young guy, or that you had a "tuner car" and thought that the police, and the rest of the judicial system would automatically take her side because of those facts. I know its gona work out for you man, youll get your money, its just a shame that these people dont get the punishment that they deserve, she should be forced to pay the city a lot of money for the runaround, and do some community service as well, it would certainly teach these ****s the difference between right and wrong, what they do now is just let them go and hope that they learn instead of punishing them.
Good luck
Old 01-07-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

Hard to say but it looks like the core structure of the car is alright, maybe bent just a little bit.

Have it towed to a trusted collision center for an estimate, best bet would be to get 2-3 of these but towing is expensive.

Getting a trusted collision center to give you a detailed resume of exactly what is damaged would be ideal, that way you can be sure if you can fix it entirely yourself.

Does the car still run okay? I know it's in no driving condition, but can you start the car without a problem? Is there any mecanical damage?

Last edited by Jza; 01-07-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-07-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Well, the radiator is tacod, and the battery grounded off on the hood. Once I fix that stuff, im assuming itll run alright.

Just a little update, I just made a claim with my insurance, and my agent already said just by looking at the pictures, she believes he is at fault. Im just hoping this kid mans up and doesnt try and fight it and accept it was his fault. If not, Im ready to take this as far as I have to go.
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

that looks bad...glad you are okay...
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spoonEM

I am actually considering fixing it myself, since I have more than enough experience to do this. Plus with Bob helping me out, we'll get it up and running in no time.

Being that Ive never really had to deal with this, im not sure how to go about it. They towed it to the Brea tow yard, and not my house. Do i have it towed to a collision center for the estimate, then towed back to my house?
If you are gonna fix it yourself and there's welding and such involved, I officially volunteer myself as an extra pair of hands with a still camera and video cam. Documenting this would be awesome and I'd love to learn some more. Plus it looks like I'm off work for a couple days... I also have a 13lb slide hammer that works well if y'all want to borrow it. I'm in anaheim.

On the towing, it depends. If you are determined to fix it yourself, AAA plus membership and 100 miles towing in a day is your best friend. Take it to 3 shops, get them to print out flat rate estimates, and fix what you want. Usually the insurance will send an adjuster to the police lot so you won't have to tow it.

Honestly, though - if the other guy was at fault, let the insurance pay for it and have the pros do the frame pull and all that. I just pounded my upper radiator support out, and it works fine, but if I had the choice I would have let the pros do it.

Besides, if they are at fault, the other company will pay your deductible out of the liability part of their insurance.
Old 01-07-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

Definately fight it if you have to. Civic owners and tuners in general take enough **** for retarded drivers because we're deamed 'street racers' because we lower our cars and toss on fancy rims. I'm sure cops run my plates all the time just because I have an OEM spoiler.

In Canada, if you take a case to civil court and win, all your fees are covered by the other party. I say you can come out even further on top if you have to take it to court, as long as you have solid evidence, and looks like you do.
Old 01-07-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

Well the good thing is, this guy didnt take any pictures at all. I took an asston of pictures of everything that was going on. Also, this random "witness" that showed up about 45 minutes after the accident happened, is suspicious. She was talking to the kid, and then she walked right past me and over to the cops, then right past me again and back to the kid. Never said a word to me. So who knows what the **** she was up to. So I did take pictures of her talking to the kid, so if it has to go to court, ill just ask why she had never talked to me and I have proof she had spoken with the kid.
Old 01-07-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Originally Posted by spoonEM
Well the good thing is, this guy didnt take any pictures at all. I took an asston of pictures of everything that was going on. Also, this random "witness" that showed up about 45 minutes after the accident happened, is suspicious. She was talking to the kid, and then she walked right past me and over to the cops, then right past me again and back to the kid. Never said a word to me. So who knows what the **** she was up to. So I did take pictures of her talking to the kid, so if it has to go to court, ill just ask why she had never talked to me and I have proof she had spoken with the kid.
That's unreal. I wouldn't see anyone willing to go to jail for obstruction of justice over a car accident.
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I hope it is his mom and they both go to the pokie. lol
Old 01-07-2008
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

asston ftw. gl with that man.
Old 01-07-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

Another update.

SO...I just spoke with his insurance adjuster, apparently it looks like he is going to be placed at fault for the accident.

So, heres the kicker. Apparently there is a slight "hiccup" in his coverage. She want able to figure out what it was so she was going to look into it then get back to me. She says it may be that the kid didnt make his insurance payment, and there may have been a lapse in coverage at the time of the accident.

What a ****in nightmare.
Old 01-07-2008
Jza
Registered!!

wow.
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

wow... sorry to hear it man. glad your ok. lapse in coverage my ***. you should get that little punk *** bitch to have his mommy cut you a check! . . . or else!!
Old 01-07-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

to your disbeleif, there are actually good 16 year old drivers out there.........like the ones whos parents actually hold them until they know their ready. And for the record, i have no accidents or tickets, and have never taken my car above 60 on anything other than the freeway.
Old 01-07-2008
Jza
Registered!!

nobody said people like you didn't exist buddy, nice try.
Old 01-07-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

glad your ok spoon. This is the first time ive actually seen pics of your car, and it looks reallllly niceeee. lol. SSM is also one of the hardest colors to match, so watch out. I got rear-ended once and the repairman used genuine honda paint the first time, and it looked goldish. He mixed it the second, and it came out really nice. Good Luck.
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice

Hey Rob if your gonna rebuild it give me a call, haven't worked on a civic in a long time
Old 01-07-2008
Premium Member

If they told me there was a lapse in coverage I would tell them "Ok then, ******* is going to get a phone call from my lawyer!" I hate when people dick me around I wont put up with it!
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

Tokoyama is an unknown quantity at this point

damn that sucks, it does seem kinda fishy that a witness would show up 45 minutes after the crash, and judging by the damage theres no way that you could have caused the accident and like insurance said it seems likely that it was the kids fault. hopefully since the kid did change the story and if the witness is lying as well, they both get cited for obstruction of justice and get whats comin to them. anyways good luck, hopefully everything works out in your favor
Old 01-07-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

thanks for the positive responses guys.

Yeah well see how it all unfolds. All I can say is if he wasnt covered, were taking it to the court. and i dont mean basketball. lol

Im going to sue the pants off this kid.
Old 01-08-2008
Premium Member

well actually you cant go after him. you gotta go for the parents
Old 01-08-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know. I'd bet it would feel good to bounce a basketball off his head a few times. Good luck with it man.
Old 01-08-2008
Premium Member

Well I was just talking legally and to get the $$ to fix the car... It doesnt mean you can't inflict physical damage
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

civic4dizoor is on a distinguished road

Do u have uninsured motorist in ur policy ??? and even if u dont , ur insurance company should still cover ur car without raising premium. Then u can take his parents to small claims court, but I wouldnt go through all that court shiz, GL

Last edited by civic4dizoor; 01-08-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-08-2008
omgwtfbbq mod.

yeah, fortunately i do have uninsured motorist coverage.

Im not looking to inflict any physical pain, thats not my angle. haha. Ill do what I have to do though to get these taken care of from a legal standpoint.

If I did any physical damage, my *** would be in jail, not to mention how stupid that would look on my part a 23 year old guy beating up a 16 year old kid.

Quick Reply: If you dont know how to drive...