Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Kind of a strange question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kwheels is an unknown quantity at this point
Kind of a strange question

ok so i cleaned my car off and stored it before the weather got bad, its in my garage now but theres a spot on the drivers side door and it kind of ran down the side of the door...i dont know what it is but it dryed on there and it wouldnt come off when i sprayed it....how should i go about getting this off with out scratching the **** out of my paint?....thought someone might be able to give me an idea
Old 12-15-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Kind of a strange question

Pics? Are we talking about a water spot or something like that?

I would get some finishing compound and just lightly take it out with that. Trick to that stuff is to let the compound do the work and not use gorilla strength to rub the gunk - and clearcoat - off.
Old 12-15-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

some kind of paint cleaner like meguiars, followed by polish and wax.
Old 12-15-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

try rubbing compound and some good old fashioned elbow grease, followed by what gearbox said
Old 12-15-2007
Registered!!

Kwheels is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thanks now my next question is, its winter here (dont know if that makes a diffrence) i sprayed my car but couldnt soap clean it cause it was cold and had to be done quick....its fairly clean theres jsut some water spots would i be able to hand wash it with a cloth without scratching the paint, and then wax it?
Old 12-15-2007
Registered!!

J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough

ive always used acetone in the past to get tree sap and smears out of paint. some people are horrified by this so dont try it if you're scared. and i would only recommend this if youve tried everything else. just use microfiber towelettes and rinse well with water and polish/wax after.
Old 12-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Acetone on paint. I imagine that you are going to hear it for that one.
Old 12-15-2007
Registered!!

J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Acetone on paint. I imagine that you are going to hear it for that one.
ive been doing it for years with never a negative result. just spray the area with water first and keep a soaked rag(soaked with water) and a dry roll of paper towels next to you. like i said spray the area with water, then get a microfiber towel with a SMALL amount of acetone on it, rub it lightly until its gone, then wipe with the water rag and dry with paper a paper towel. like freaking magic.
Old 12-15-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well yea its not really on the paint, more like on the clear coat. it would dissolve actual paint fairly quickly.