Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

01 Sedan...need some advice...116k miles and boost?!

Old 11-04-2007
Technical Assistant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute
01 Sedan...need some advice...116k miles and boost?!

OK so I have a 2001 Honda Civic LX sedan 5-speed manual trans and some mods, I want to see what you would do next, or give me suggestions as to what to do with my car..my "major" (haha) mods are as follows

Tokico HP
neuspeed sport springs
spc camber kit
icw talon 17x7 wheels gloss black
kumho ecsta supra 712 tires in 205 40 17
revo short shifter
20% tint
stereo (headunit speakers amp box sub)
rear strut bar upper
hid kit
type r knockoff lip
removed axleback (still deciding on what muffler I want I may go with a twin loop)

so, give me suggestions...what should my next move be with this car?? im personally not a fan of the wheels, and id like to go a bit lower with it, but thats more major I want to do little things for now

and here you can kinda see it between the blue EP and white SeR

post up fellas..by the way critisism on work done so far is welcome, positive and negative...if you are going to bash, have reason behind it dont just come and say "ricer" without any explanation. thanks!

Last edited by ultimatetuner10; 11-11-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-04-2007
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 01 Sedan...need some advice

well, there's always changing out things...if you want (headlights, tail lights, grille...)

there's always the folding side mirrors for our sedans

have you checked about a Neuspeed Lower X-Brace??? really gives you stability in the steering!

and there's always painting the door handles to match...

just some thoughts. gotta love the sedan!

are you in the city, or located outside of Philly? I sometimes visit my family in Devon, PA
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough

going fo r a JDM theme??? sedans are always hot to go JDM, i recomend looking into getting your headlights blacked out and maybe an rs or type r grill, cant really see the wheels so i wouldnt kno what your rocking ... gL :thumbsup:
Old 11-04-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

put some side skirts n a rear lip on there....

cars with only front lips look freaking ridiculous...
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

i say paint the lip and maybe get rsx or ep3 seats. The seats are probably one of the most noticable mods you can make on the civic that you can actually feel short of a swap or turbo
Old 11-04-2007
Crawlin Similar To An Ant Low To Da Earth

Nokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura about

INTAKE!!! Front strut bar, progress front and rear sway bars. EBC green stuff pads for front discs. Let me know if you got any $$ after sthis stuff and I will continue. I drive the SAME car in silver check my profile and feel free to PM if you need help.
Old 11-04-2007
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute

i would go 100% jdm style if i had a sedan. i would get bronze 15s maybe some c8s, type r or rs front lip, oem sides and oem coupe rear. black out the headlights and leave the amber in, get the jdm style tails. hybrid folding mirrors, window visors, rs*r catback. ummm yeah i think thats it for now. then eventually turbo lol
Old 11-04-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manahoonie
well, there's always changing out things...if you want (headlights, tail lights, grille...)

there's always the folding side mirrors for our sedans

have you checked about a Neuspeed Lower X-Brace??? really gives you stability in the steering!

and there's always painting the door handles to match...

just some thoughts. gotta love the sedan!

are you in the city, or located outside of Philly? I sometimes visit my family in Devon, PA
Not a fan of tails..cant afford the real JDM ones yet I might get the ebay replicas the rest of them look ricey...im looking to do more appearance im happy with the handling of the car but not the look. Im in northeast philly right by george washington high school.
Originally Posted by kuNhoHan
going fo r a JDM theme??? sedans are always hot to go JDM, i recomend looking into getting your headlights blacked out and maybe an rs or type r grill, cant really see the wheels so i wouldnt kno what your rocking ... gL :thumbsup:
Yea I was thinking about doing that, along with the grille...the wheels are ICW talon

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
put some side skirts n a rear lip on there....

cars with only front lips look freaking ridiculous...
Thanks for the input
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
i say paint the lip and maybe get rsx or ep3 seats. The seats are probably one of the most noticable mods you can make on the civic that you can actually feel short of a swap or turbo
Yea I may get EP3 seats from a buddy they have under 10k miles on them
Originally Posted by Nokturnl
INTAKE!!! Front strut bar, progress front and rear sway bars. EBC green stuff pads for front discs. Let me know if you got any $$ after sthis stuff and I will continue. I drive the SAME car in silver check my profile and feel free to PM if you need help.
Had an intake..only gave me grunt after 4500, and I rarely drive my car that hard. Going more for a look im happy with the performance, plus I stopped my hard driving
Originally Posted by CenZ
i would go 100% jdm style if i had a sedan. i would get bronze 15s maybe some c8s, type r or rs front lip, oem sides and oem coupe rear. black out the headlights and leave the amber in, get the jdm style tails. hybrid folding mirrors, window visors, rs*r catback. ummm yeah i think thats it for now. then eventually turbo lol
I was thinking 16s...i duno most of these JDM cars are lower than mine I dont wana have to get new struts and springs all over again. Thanks for everything else, definately sounds nice
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

i'd paint the lip, black out the headlights, and get some smaller wheels. i think mesh wheels look really sweet on tan colored and gold cars.
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

I would buy the factory gunmetal housing headlights or the factory black housing pm me if you want the link. also the PCP site thats on the banner has the red and clear JDM style tailights (knock offs) for the sedan. Get some sides and rear lip to match. get rid of all the crome and put black pieces in there place will look good on your light colored car. get some folding mirrors. and if you want a under chassis brace and your not going to lower the car more go with the D3 rsx under brace it fits and it connects at like 6 places under the car.( http://www.dthreedesigns.com/shoppin...assword=Guest#)
car is looking good keep it up man
Old 11-04-2007
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute

your on nuspeed struts your low enough, you dont look low cause of your 17s, put your steelies back on and you will see how low you really are
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

amuthini is an unknown quantity at this point

it'd look a lot nicer with 205/45/17 tires instead of 40, since your car is not slammed. it'll get rid of most of that wheel gap. second i'd get sides and rear lip. other than that it looks pretty good, just not feeling the rims that much though.
Old 11-11-2007
Technical Assistant

OK i need more power, so here is the deal

I can get an SS auto chrome exhaust (midpipe only) and a longtube header and test pipe for 75 bux (used stuff, guy hasnt had the car for 2 years)
the thing is, I want to have power. swap is not an option...so my dillema lies here

get the header and exhaust, and stop bitching, its an economy car
or
get a spare motor and
build it N/A
build it for boost
build it for spray (havent seen this done yet)

HELP!!!
Old 11-11-2007
Technical Assistant

i wanted to boost it before, but i got 116k on the motor I dont know if its a good idea.....
should i get a lower mile motor and boost that stock
get a diff motor and build it and boost it
boost my motor

car is a DD for me so I cant afford a lot of downtime...holla!
Old 11-11-2007
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough
Re: 01 Sedan...need some advice...116k miles and boost?!

best way for boos imo, is to go pick up a spare d17 and work on that block and build it so it can handle the added boost ... thats what im in the process of doing, considering my car is my dd also
Old 11-11-2007
Technical Assistant

Originally Posted by kuNhoHan
best way for boos imo, is to go pick up a spare d17 and work on that block and build it so it can handle the added boost ... thats what im in the process of doing, considering my car is my dd also
Here is my situation. I am going to drive this for the rest of college (2-4 years remaining depending if I go for my Masters right away), and at that point it will be worth absolute **** cause It will have ~200k on it. I may keep it at that point for a daily driver and buy a sports car with the money from my new job, or I might buy a performance car (sti or something, w.e new **** they invent then) and keep this car as my toy to build...I dont care how much money I make, I will always be into this stuff.

The only thing is, for the next 2-4 years it needs to be reliable...I duno how that will be with boost, and I dont wana spend a shitload of money for the setup, and with the fact that I dont know squat about motor building, add the cost of labor to the rods, pistons, studs, gaskets, and motor itself, plus the kit...its turning into quite a lot of cash...there lies my dillema. my best bet is to keep it the way it is and just drive it, but I keep getting this urge...its like that time of the month for me
Old 11-11-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

do not boost it or you will hate yourself later lol. keep it, get a real job, then you can think about better car. theres no point playing with pos economy cars that cant handle the power. unless youre loaded and can tow it to the shop to fix stuff everytime it breaks down. work on other mods, there is plenty to do from the pics you posted besides engine work.
Old 11-11-2007
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

Im boosted with 122k miles and still going strong with 270hp. Well my tranny isnt really going strong after my last couple races from a stand still. I cant really boost in 2nd anymore but other then that no problems at all. If you keep the power in the low 200s you will not have problems.
Old 11-11-2007
Technical Assistant

a guy is offering me the following for my rims

t3/t4 turbo
ev9 intercooler and piping
b-series turbo manifold
blitz (i think) BOV

i know i cant use all this stuff but i can sell some of it to get **** for my car....should i do it??

I wana have like 175-200whp max

Last edited by ultimatetuner10; 11-11-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-11-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

buying used turbo is a bad idea if you dont know anything about em. could be junk and you wouldnt even know it.
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

mileage has nothing to do with whether you should turbo or not. A well maintained engine with 122k is going to be better then a engine that was abused with little maintence with 70k.

You should do a compression test first and see how health the motor is.

Building the block and piece a good turbo kit is around the same price as a k-swap, unless you do all the work all yourself.

Both ways will require a good amount of down time.

Nitrous is probably the cheapest way but it gets expensive to keep refilling and it will eventually kill your motor.

I suggest you read the articles on the site on turbo and k-swaps before you decide. The more research you do, the less money you'll waste in the long run.
Old 11-12-2007
Technical Assistant

I have a chance to get a full 2.5 inch exhaust and a racing header (no cat) for my LX for 75 dollars...guy got it from ssautochrome and sold the car 2 years ago its been sittin in his shed since...should i grab it
Old 11-12-2007
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

You wont notice any difference in power only noise. A header doesnt do anything neither does a 2.5" exhaust on a NA car, Im sorry to say it but if you want more power... Boost or swap.
Old 11-12-2007
Technical Assistant

seems kinda funny you would say that...how is deleting a cat not good for at least a few ponies...explain
Old 11-12-2007
Technical Assistant

Here are pictures of the stuff...he said there was a noticable gain with it on his lx, nothing major but a bit more power...and no, I will not be using the double canisters..il put em on and see if I like it...might not be too bad, but probbably going to get a different axleback

Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

don't let people discourage you about driving a boosted car daily. it's ALL in the tune, and quality components. i'd say tune comes first even then though. in fact, i know a couple people who drive boosted Ds that live by me all throughout the year. if you take your time and do it right, and you're sensible with your driving and not beating on it every second, there will be no problems.

i see people having a lot of problems with boosted d17s on here and i just dont get it. i know people with d16s (i know it's not a d17) who spend like 1000 dollars on turbo stuff and use old volvo and DSM turdblows and still have reliable setups with minimal problems. check out homemadeturbo.com if you're on a budget.
Old 11-12-2007
Technical Assistant

Originally Posted by beadebaserr
don't let people discourage you about driving a boosted car daily. it's ALL in the tune, and quality components. i'd say tune comes first even then though. in fact, i know a couple people who drive boosted Ds that live by me all throughout the year. if you take your time and do it right, and you're sensible with your driving and not beating on it every second, there will be no problems.

i see people having a lot of problems with boosted d17s on here and i just dont get it. i know people with d16s (i know it's not a d17) who spend like 1000 dollars on turbo stuff and use old volvo and DSM turdblows and still have reliable setups with minimal problems. check out homemadeturbo.com if you're on a budget.
Any advice on this exhaust stuff?? its not an HP header, that one is a 2 piece IIRC, but he said it helped a little
Old 11-12-2007
Premium Member

It will give you maybe 1-2hp and the car wont be any faster. If you want to notice a difference the only way is forcing more air into the engine or swap it out for one that makes more power to begin with. I had bolt ons before and I actually noticed a difference in low end power when I went back to stock. Really all the NA mods do is bring the power band up in the higher RPM range and will hurt low end.
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dopes6070
It will give you maybe 1-2hp and the car wont be any faster. If you want to notice a difference the only way is forcing more air into the engine or swap it out for one that makes more power to begin with. I had bolt ons before and I actually noticed a difference in low end power when I went back to stock. Really all the NA mods do is bring the power band up in the higher RPM range and will hurt low end.
exactly. honda tunes these cars straight from the factory to have decent power across the board.

all i can say about that exhaust stuff is if it's cheap, why not. but please don't run both of those mufflers. haha.
Old 11-12-2007
Runumhard Or Go Home

bigainabuilt is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok where to start?? Exhaust will be good for about as much hp as a sticker would maybe 1 hp more, If it sounds good and fits right for that price i would run it. I would recommend either swap (200 hp) or just save up the cash and buy a car that you could afford to sit (because it will). As far as what new to put in your ride thats up to your tastes. Got ICE??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01 Sedan...need some advice...116k miles and boost?!