My saga continues....O2 sensor issues..... :( - Page 3 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2007   #61  
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Re: My saga begins....Project T, Part I

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuningmycivic View Post
*sigh*...1st startup did not go well...engine cranks but no start

i smell fuel and i have a spark tester that shows good spark
i have a cheap OBDII scanner that isn't giving me any codes.
i've checked my jumpers and rotary switch settings 3 times...4-8-E and my jumpers match MadWheel's in this thread

I'm using Emangle blue with Boomslang's PnP harness. I have the pressure sensor but it is disconnected at the moment, didn't figure it'd see boost at startup...

i'm almost at my wit's end

all my guages work though

tuningmycivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #62  
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

I've done that and still nothing. I forgot to add oil back in after dropping the pan yesterday , so i fixed that and let it sit for about 15 mins. still no joy

I've attached a simple screenshot of my emanage sup tool and one thing bothers me, the airflow meter 2 and airflow pulse input don't show up as vtec in/out. they show as aux in/out. the jumper settings appear to be correct to me though

i wonder if there are any settings in the emanage that need to be tweaked though....but it shouldn't be necessary just to start it right?

next step is to pull the PnP harness and reconnect the stock ecu as normal and see if it starts. then it's hunting wires and pins
Old 10-28-2007   #63  
Registered!!

odd...partial double-post...

Last edited by tuningmycivic; 10-28-2007 at 01:05 PM. Reason: double post
Old 10-28-2007   #64  
Registered!!

i wonder if i might be having this same issue...https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...r-emanage.html

and this harness is supposed to PnP...
hmm....the boomslang site shows one harness for ex/lx/dx.....i might have found the problem....looking like i'll be chasing wires...
Old 10-28-2007   #65  
Registered!!

affixrider will become famous soon enough

i have the boomslang harness for my lx and it works just fine. as long as you have vtech then you should have no problem. since i dont they told me i had to disconnect a certain wire.
affixrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #66  
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude, I have no idea when it comes to e-mangle.
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #67  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by affixrider View Post
i have the boomslang harness for my lx and it works just fine. as long as you have vtech then you should have no problem. since i dont they told me i had to disconnect a certain wire.
i thought you were running emanage ultimate? are they both (ultimate and blue) wired the same for the ex and lx/dx?
Old 10-28-2007   #68  
Registered!!

i do have the ultimate. but my harness is still boomslang. that mayne one of the problems. i would call and ask them
Old 10-28-2007   #69  
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

if you smell gas while cranking it, it might be too rich. Take the gas pedal to the floor while cranking it, this forces the car into a "clear flood mode" that turns off the injectors while cranking. All youve done is install the turbo setup and emangle?
skipbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #70  
Registered!!

yep. i wondered if it could be flooding because I have the emanange, rsx injectors, and turbo installed. i have not made any changes in the emanage, but i did upload a base map i got from wilmncchris. i got caught up playing H3 on legendary today and didn't get back in the garage. it was 10pm before I realized i was hungry

tomorrow, I am going to reinstall the stock injectors and see if it starts. if that doesn't work, i'll disconnect the emanage and just go with the ecu and see. it should at least start with the turbo kit on it, it should just run like crap, no?
Old 10-28-2007   #71  
Registered!!

as far as putting the pedal to the floor, I know about that. i have to do the same thing with my old tbi s10 sometimes for cold starts...
Old 10-29-2007   #72  
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

yo tony.... man its been a minute since i've been on here!!! well hey i'm not doing anything this weekend, you want me to roll with you... i can follow just incase something happens... let me know!!! oh yea, give me a call if you want me to come over even tho i dont know shyt about turbos..lol! pm me your addy!
filipinop1405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #73  

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

the car should run like stock with stock injectors on the stock ecu. just leave the wastegate open or keep it in vacuum.
Old 10-29-2007   #74  
Registered!!

check your spark plugs to see if you flooded them
Old 10-29-2007   #75  
Registered!!

good news fellas, i put the stock injectors back in today after work, without changing anything else, and it fired right up. afr steadied around 16 though...

i think it's an injector issue in the emanage, but i don't know if it's because of the base map I loaded (thanks Chris) or if something needs to be changed to account for the larger rsx injectors.

anybody with some insight feel free to hit me up on aim at LordRaiden28

Thanks in advance guys and for bearing with me through my own battle with my car, though i must say Clint still holds the record...
Old 10-29-2007   #76  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipbarber View Post
the car should run like stock with stock injectors on the stock ecu. just leave the wastegate open or keep it in vacuum.
it runs almost like stock except for the afr at idle...it's close to 16 so i'm waiting on emanage advice from the 7thgen collective brain(s)

Old 10-29-2007   #77  

my car would idle between 14.7-15.6 when it was stock other than an short ram and a cat back in CLOSED loop. 16 is a little lean, but the computer is probably still relearning from memory loss since you unplugged it.
Old 10-29-2007   #78  
Registered!!

so would you say it's safe to run 5 psi on stock injectors? or can somebody give me some guidance on pulling fuel using the support tool so i can run the rsx injectors?

i should prolly read that manual pdf some more.....need a beer...
Old 10-29-2007   #79  
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey tony... congrats on getting the car running even tho its not the way you want it! holla at me tomorrow so i can check this thing out!
Old 10-30-2007   #80  
Registered!!

i hate life sometimes...injectors are done. I need some rsx injectors asap!!!

anybody??
Old 10-30-2007   #81  

my car would lean out with less than 3 psi on the stock injectors on stock fuel pressure. Did you double check the wiring harness? I wired my emanage myself when i had it, im kinda glad i did. If it all checks out ok, youve definately got something set up wrong in the support tool. like the injection correction factor or something. The car should atleast idle with that setup correctly.
Old 10-30-2007   #82  
Registered!!

yep, went through all that man. took the rail out today with the injectors connected and had the wife turn it over a few times....nothing out of either one of them

one more problem and i swear i'm claiming my T.E.A.R.S. member number....
Old 10-31-2007   #83  
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Cinaibur is selling a set of RSX-S injectors...

That sucks that they aren't getting you any fuel at all out of them. Go get a member number, you've earned it.
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #84  
Registered!!

i might have found some. and cinaibur only has two of them
Old 11-01-2007   #85  
Registered!!

how's the searching going? did i help out? yo let me kno whats up....
Old 11-02-2007   #86  
Registered!!

found some bro, hopefully he can ship them this weekend and I'll get them before the end of next week.
Old 11-02-2007   #87  
Registered!!

oops...wrong thread

Last edited by tuningmycivic; 11-02-2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: posted in wrong thread
Old 11-02-2007   #88  
Registered!!

ok bro... let me know if and when you are going to wilmmington to see chris for tuning... i'll roll with you!
Old 11-11-2007   #89  
Registered!!

i believe the seller, if you can even call him that, 2slowem2 is a scammer and has run off with my 150 bucks for the injectors i wanted.

i am looking for more injectors, again.....
Old 11-11-2007   #90  
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough

damn that sucks man. hopefully everything will work out great. good luck
soldierboi is offline   Reply With Quote