Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My saga continues....O2 sensor issues..... :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Re: My saga continues....now she's overheating and fans aren't working right

Mine will overheat if it sits too long in AZ heat. The slim fans I traded Dopes don't ssem to have enough power to keep it cool in our heat.

Is the temp sensor plugged in?

I don't think the fans will go on otherwise. There is a cool tool for draining air bubbles that you can buy.

Last edited by Rufus; 05-21-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

just got back from a short drive around town in nighttime traffic. temp guage is pegged about 3 bars below the halfway mark. fans never kicked on. guage doesn't seem to be rising or falling though. for the record all concerned sensors/switches are connected. the O2 and fan switch are new. guess i get to hunt for a loose wire or two tomorrow...

on another note, anybody use exhaust wrap on their turbo mani without the silicone spray coating before? i wrapped it better this time, but i didn't spray it and it almost seems to be cooking the wrap when the mani gets hot. just wondering if i should be worried about it catching aflame...

and the hits just keep on coming...
Old 05-21-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

My downpipe is wrapped and I never sprayed anything on it.
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
screw you and your bike

j/p man...you know the wife won't let me get one....:hithea d: i keep asking though, she's gotta cave sometime.

Dont hate bro... it doesn't look good on you...lol. Well I'm still seeing if I'll ve able to trail it down, but if not oh well. still have alot to do to it!!! Yea she'll cave in... just don't f up like I did and not realize that I was going 73 in a 50...lol. hopefully my attorney will get me off and my insurance wont go up.
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

Exhaust wrap has to cure. That spray goes on the actual wrap to seal it, keep it clean, and make it resistent to higher temperatures. Mine was smoking up a storm on the dyno today but it quit after a while and its good now. The thing was even glowing a nice red on the exposed parts. Give it some time it should be fine.
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

can anybody take their car for a lap down the street or w/e and tell me if your fans shut off when you turn the car off, regardless of how long/hot the car is???
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

baron340
Exhaust wrap has to cure. That spray goes on the actual wrap to seal it, keep it clean, and make it resistent to higher temperatures. Mine was smoking up a storm on the dyno today but it quit after a while and its good now. The thing was even glowing a nice red on the exposed parts. Give it some time it should be fine.
Rufus
My downpipe is wrapped and I never sprayed anything on it.
i figured as much. just wanted to make sure mine wasn't having even more issues...

good thing i got that member number early
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

did you do a black interior swap or did you get your car repainted?
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

ha ha...i wish...

i did get the car repainted. it was originally tafetta white. as for the interior...it lost a fight with me, some Krylon Fusion@ spray paint, and about 3 days of free time
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

nice none the less. the steering wheel looks gray though, but the dash and rest looks nice. shiny!!

did it smell after you did it all? i'm about done with my interior swap, i was too chicken to spray everything like you did. didn't want craking or chipping or a paint smell after i was ddone.
Old 05-22-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, that sucks Tony. For what it's worth, my fans stopped coming on automatically as well and I don't know why. I ended up just wiring in a manual switch for them until I figure it out.

Which O2 sensor is the 0134 code for again? Primary or secondary?

In ref to the wrap, it will get crispy unless you use the really thick stuff, which is a bitch wrap a log mani with. I did not spray my mani beforehand but did like Baron (and the can) recommended and sprayed it afterwards. Most of the silicone **** has flaked off though, so I may just re-wrap it next month.
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Tony, as far as I know my fans shut off when I turn my car off.
Old 05-22-2008

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all

Hi tony
Is your AC in working condition?
Also check the AC high pressure switchs connection.
All that is tight together with the fans.

The relay for the fans is directly bellow the ECU.
You may also want to check if the wrong wire was pulled from the ECU when you connnected the harness
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

good looking Hector, unfortunately, it turned out to be the obvious, faulty fan switch. got a new one and now they work, but it seems to take quite a bit before they come on. my temp guage sits about 2 bars below halfway on the meter...but she doesn't get any hotter. gonna look into water wetter or something...it's a bit hot for my taste. specially with the dirty south summer coming up...

one problem solved...one to go.
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

Good to hear you got one problem down!!!
Old 05-22-2008
Premium Member

I noticed that anytime my AC button is on my fans are on. Even when the car hasn't been running. Must be a KPro setting. I also have a problem at idle with my AC on, every 20 seconds or so the car will drop to 800 RPM and it sounds like a fan clutch kicking in. I hate it because it shakes the entire car and sounds like something isn't working correctly.
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

got the new O2 sensor out. pinned out the connector and compared it with the old one. even though wire color is different (no biggie) pin-out and wire arrangement on sensor body is same as old sensor. all wires on sensor test good. with car running, voltage is seen on all 4 pins: left-right, top-bottom > 1.8 2.1 12.2 2.6

code 0134 remains.

can any of you honda techs tell me if these voltages are correct before i go digging around in the wiring harness looking for a loose wire? and also, where the O2 sensor connects to the ECU (connector and pin #)

thanks ahead of time
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

bump for my question
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

bump again
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

before bed bump
Old 05-23-2008

You've got PM Tony.
Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

thanks clint... PMs replied
Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

thanks for the info Clint, but it doesn't state the values I should see at the connector anywhere. Strangely enough though, the voltage I'm seeing at the ECU doesn't look right to me...there should be know way my O2 sensor should be fluctuating from 5.3 - 9VDC when you're on/off throttle...

the voltage does change, which leads me to think the sensor itself is probably working properly, but i think there's a short somewhere before the sensor, looking at the voltage i posted before. I would really appreciate it if someone who's car isn't "broken" could post up what they see at the O2 sensor connector with the car running. what I'm seeing on mine doesn't change whether the sensor is even plugged in or not....
Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

to the top...again...

i know somebody wants to help a fellow T.E.A.R.S. member
Old 05-24-2008
Premium Member

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
the voltage does change, which leads me to think the sensor itself is probably working properly, but i think there's a short somewhere before the sensor, looking at the voltage i posted before. I would really appreciate it if someone who's car isn't "broken" could post up what they see at the O2 sensor connector with the car running. what I'm seeing on mine doesn't change whether the sensor is even plugged in or not....
I need to work on mine today and I don't have any o2's ont he car so the plug is WIDE open for testing, although I have OBD disable through Kpro. If this isn't an issue, tell me exactly which pin(s) you want me to test.
Old 05-24-2008
Registered!!

Re: My saga continues....O2 sensor issues..... :(

the four pins for the primary O2. if you could list them top-bottom, left-right, with the retaining clip piece at the top that would be awesome.
Old 05-24-2008
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

where did u get ur charge piping.. I want it. Hook me up!>
Old 05-24-2008
Premium Member

EDIT: I check mine and the values are all whack. I imagine it's because OBD is diabled. Sorry holmes.

Last edited by Rufus; 05-24-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2008
Registered!!

^ dammit.....is there no one else??!!!!

^^ it's dezod piping, slightly modified to fit my particular bumper, which was also slightly modified
Old 05-25-2008

There's a guy on 7thgenhonda.com (nineteenEM2) who went through the same thing and should have those voltage values Tony. Hit him up and see. That's the best I can do from where I'm at.

Quick Reply: My saga continues....O2 sensor issues..... :(