Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Exterior build thread-Eyger (Vote for which color I should paint my car! (and rims))

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Exterior build thread-Eyger (Vote for which color I should paint my car! (and rims))

I posted an update on the last page, but here's a ton of images.

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE!!!!

Vote at my other thread here:https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...or-my-car.html

New parts list:

Mechanical wise
-Brake pads_______________________HAVE
-Clutch_ACT extreme Stg II_______________336.50
-Flywheel_Fidanza______________________139.00
-Fujita air intake _______________________206.00
-Exhaust Mani Gasket_____________________5.38
-Headers_HP racing______________________HAVE
-Header bolts x5_________________________0.75
-Header Donut _________________________10.57
-Down pipe_____________________________HAVE
-Cat/Down pipe (Optional) _______________316.00
-Cat/Down pipe install ___________________30.00
-Pre-chamber gasket _____________________6.21
-Espelir EX cat back ____________________515.00

Body wise
-Headlights ___________________________162.77
-Headlights ___________________________160.20
-Taillights OEM 04's____________________87.19
-Taillights OEM 04's ____________________87.19
-Hood Seibon VSII _____________________510.00
-Trunk Carbon creations CF______________509.15
-Side mirrors APR CF universal's _________156.00
-New rubber pieces_Doors etc.____________????
-Body work (front bumper, rear bumper)____????
-New Paint gold/black cherry Kandy_______400ish??
-Volk GTV's or GT7's gold/ TE37 white_______1600+tires, 2400+Tires???
+all above

So I'm looking at about just over 3000 for parts alone, give or take a couple hundred in shipping.
If I really want a set of Volks, then That's another 2000 right there, then tires, another 500 ish, Labor for paint is probably going to be something like 1000 dollars. So by estimations I'll be looking at about 6700.00 to get whats in my head to come true and real......

I'm thinking I should get about a third of that price covered with a sweet tax return and a third paycheck in february. And I finally got a second job so I'll be paying down my debt faster...which is good. Coming up with the rest of the money is going to be a challenge.

The time frame I'm probably looking at for this build.....I should be finished right around October of 2034. So if yall still around this forum you can check it out.
Parts list on the other page is scrapped.

Keep on keepin on.....

Ain't nothing to it but to do it...

----Original post----
Hello ladies and germs, some of you might remember that I just painted my car red pearl a couple of months ago....well I don't like the red as much as I thought I would....so I'm blocking the car down and going to re-shoot another color...I'm thinking White, with gold pearl...DuPont makes a sweet gold pearl in their hot hues line up....Anywho, here are some pictures, I think I'm going to make this thread my own update thread. Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0125.jpg
Views:	1199
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	72711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0126.jpg
Views:	1189
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	72712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0127.jpg
Views:	1194
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	72713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0128.jpg
Views:	1179
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	72714   Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	73565  

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	73566   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	73567   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	73568   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	73569   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	73570  

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	73571   Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	73572   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	73573   Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	73574   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	73575  

Last edited by Eyger; 02-08-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2007
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Oh no....He's at it again...

you've got some guts there.
Old 09-30-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

good luck shmuck
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough

lol, this is gunna be fun, show us some pics along the way
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

are those fenders fiberglass?
Old 09-30-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

most likley..

looks good..i guess uve done this before so nobody has to remind you how important the prep job has to be.. good luck.. u have a pic of some example of that white gold pearl u were talking about?
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

got too much money and time .... lol
Old 09-30-2007
Tire Spin

Str8UpCivic will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by slowwhitecivic
lol i agree i barely have enough money to put gas in my car and give it a nice cleaning lol.
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

got any pics of before?
Old 09-30-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

unless he does the $50 paint job... hehe

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...ob-attemp.html
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

good luck, you really must know what your doing, or else you just have some serious *****
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough

I look at these pictures with both curiousity...and concern....but mainly, concern.

Good luck though.
Old 10-01-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

I, for one, refuse to participate in this thread.

Giant, rambling, build threads are a colossal waste of bandwidth and incredibly bad for the ozone layer, baby seals, and your little sister's stuffed animal collection. I will not be looking for blingin' new pics of your car as you go through the process Eyger...
Old 10-01-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I'm glad your got red of that color, I never had liked it. I'm with you on the white civics, they have been growing on me more and more lately, they look really clean. Goodluck with the paint job!
Old 10-01-2007
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you are doing it right the first time... well, the second time. I think white would look stellar on your vic Eyger.
Old 10-02-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

eyger red always looks good but white will look better probably. Go with what you feel. Are you painting the car yourself?? If you are good luck. I cant wait to see it when its done. I wish i was good at painting so i could paint my car myself but im just not that good. Thanks again for those adapters. I owe ya one.
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

03TxCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

a friend of mine has a RHD EK that is white with a gold pearl look. It looks mad clean. Let me go dig for a pic.

Oh his hatch is for sale too hehe.

Last edited by 03TxCivic; 10-02-2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: PICS BABY
Old 10-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rice4lyfe
lol, this is gunna be fun, show us some pics along the way
You bet I will, I'm gonna use this thread as a process build... it'll be cool. I finally got a Memory card for my cell phone, so I can take pictures anything anywhere...
Old 10-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
are those fenders fiberglass?
Yep they sure are. It's nice because they're physically lighter then the stock ones. ( I measured it back when I first got them....I was bored.. Ha ha) The good part is that it's not susceptible to denting, which unfortunately I've done in the past huddled over the engine bay.
Old 10-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
most likley..

looks good..i guess uve done this before so nobody has to remind you how important the prep job has to be.. good luck.. u have a pic of some example of that white gold pearl u were talking about?
This will be the third time I've painted my car. So I'm gettin better each time I do it... So yeah I for sure know it's all prep. Before, I didn't know weather or not sometime would look good or bad, but now, I know exactly what I want to do. I don't have any color samples with me, but I'm going to head back over to the paint shop and snap pics for everybody.
Old 10-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by slowwhitecivic
Ha ha ha ha haha, that's a good one:

Name:	balance.gif
Views:	377
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	72735  
Old 10-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by Christian Calim
got any pics of before?
Here: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...s-56k-wrn.html
Old 10-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

\\
Originally Posted by chkolny
good luck, you really must know what your doing, or else you just have some serious *****
Ha ha, I learn a little bit as I go, so it's ok. ***** help too....never be afraid to do something you've never tried before....ha.

Originally Posted by TurismoDreamin
I look at these pictures with both curiousity...and concern....but mainly, concern.

Good luck though.
Indeed! It'll be cool.
Old 10-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by speedfoos
I, for one, refuse to participate in this thread.

Giant, rambling, build threads are a colossal waste of bandwidth and incredibly bad for the ozone layer, baby seals, and your little sister's stuffed animal collection. I will not be looking for blingin' new pics of your car as you go through the process Eyger...
Ha ha, that's hilarous. Shut up you love that ****. Heh, Oh yeah today's opposite day right. You'll be back.
Old 10-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by TRIZ
I'm glad your got red of that color, I never had liked it. I'm with you on the white civics, they have been growing on me more and more lately, they look really clean. Goodluck with the paint job!
Thanks dude. yeah I'm not liking the red color. You really hit the nail on the head, I just want a clean look....(with some stickers, I'm not gonna lie...ha ha) The red seemed too busy and bold. I thought I would like it, but nope!

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Good to see you are doing it right the first time... well, the second time. I think white would look stellar on your vic Eyger.
Ha ha, actually this will be the third time! It's ok, i've screwed up a buch of times in the past and this time, I'd doing it right. It's all good. You have to learn somehow, and I don't have anyone teaching me, so I just learn on my own as I go.
Old 10-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by jamis33
eyger red always looks good but white will look better probably. Go with what you feel. Are you painting the car yourself?? If you are good luck. I cant wait to see it when its done. I wish i was good at painting so i could paint my car myself but im just not that good. Thanks again for those adapters. I owe ya one.
Sure thang on those adapters, no prob. Yeah I'm going to shoot it myself. I'm going to purchase a much better gun and stuff for better quality atomization and such. I CAN'T wait!
Old 10-03-2007
A long winded 7th genr

First update:

Didn't do too much, I can only work for about an hour and a half on days I work.

Finished up repairing the front roof section, there was a huge dent/damage in the middle.

Started leveling out my side skirts....Low spots galore!

went around the whole car marking all the low spots:
(when i get the plastic spreaders, I'm going to fill em.)

Here's a picture of the bottom of the rear bumper. It's tough to see but the fiberglass actually separated from the side of the bumper. I bottomed out a couple of times on the trip up to northern california, it needs to be repaired.

So here's some damage that I got when I was commuting down to the training office for my new job. Someone was kind enough to leave a plastic laundry basket on the freeway, couldn't avoid it in time, gotta nice gash in the front bumper. I'll fix it along with the rear bumper when I get more dough for fiberglass fabric!

That's it for now... I'll be working on it tomorrow morning too...It was my day off, but Im going to go in for extra hours.

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	72736   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	72737   Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	72738   Click image for larger version

Name:	d.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	72739   Click image for larger version

Name:	e.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	72740  

Name:	f.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	72741  
Old 10-03-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

white with black wheels , tinted windows and a CF hood is tite!
Old 10-03-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Just my humble two cents... you can't go wrong with a classic Top Secret gold. But if you're bent on white... Championship is a color we need more EM2s in.
Old 10-03-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by LogicWavelength
Just my humble two cents... you can't go wrong with a classic Top Secret gold. But if you're bent on white... Championship is a color we need more EM2s in.
Hell Yeah, That's exactly what Im talkin bout! The Dupont color is called Champ white. Then gold pearl. Check out the pictures:

This first one shows a little bit of both the white and the gold pearl:

The next picture, is pretty much just straight white....

And this last picture is full on sunlight directly reflected gold pearl

Name:	PearlGold001.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	72742   Click image for larger version

Name:	PearlGold002.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	72743   Click image for larger version

Name:	PearlGold003.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	72744  

Quick Reply: Exterior build thread-Eyger (Vote for which color I should paint my car! (and rims))