Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

buying new headlights opinios needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: buying new headlights opinios needed

when u say crisper and cleaner are u talking about the bulb itself or the light output of the amber bulb. is that link the correct size we need for our headlights?
Old 06-13-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D17sRuNtunable
when u say crisper and cleaner are u talking about the bulb itself or the light output of the amber bulb. is that link the correct size we need for our headlights?
Yea the bulb itself reflects a more trick color in the chrome housing the light output is just like a standard amber bulb.
I guess its all a mater of opinion what you like but I think they look classy.
and yes the link provided is correct bulb type for front turn.
Old 06-13-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

oh so like if u had the factory oem lights with that big amber cover, u really wouldnt be able to tell would u..
Old 06-14-2007

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D17sRuNtunable
oh so like if u had the factory oem lights with that big amber cover, u really wouldnt be able to tell would u..
Thats correct.
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

Ballatician has a spectacular aura aboutBallatician has a spectacular aura about

Hey Murdock, how long did the shipping take on the headlights? I thinking about ordering myself a set.
Old 06-15-2007

Originally Posted by Ballatician
Hey Murdock, how long did the shipping take on the headlights? I thinking about ordering myself a set.

It was super fast like 4 days, these guys took good care of me and the product is top notch I highly recomend them.
Old 07-16-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

how is the beam output of the clear lights you bought? im thinking of getting some to replace my nasty stockers with scratches and pits all over, and now haze above the turn signal inside
Old 07-17-2007
This is Myspace

im definatly going to replace mine man. even though i cleaned em..without the sealer, you can see the crap coming back. I was just wondering maybe u could help me Gearbox, is there anyway i can take out the amber peice in my oem headlights and stick em in those freestyle motorsports ones?? u think itll look stupid? let me know...
Old 07-17-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well technically you could, idk tho, i wouldnt wanna open brand new lights. i always end up damaging it with either the glue getting on it or scratches. ya i use the sealer stuff outside but i also have scratches on inside, and they werent coming out at all, different plastic surface without coating. and now the hazing which is also inside. i got these off ebay and they were so dirty i had to open it just to blow out all the soil and leaves haha. mustve had em sitting outside for a few months open/
Old 07-17-2007
This is Myspace

true.. yea i guess ur right. it might look retarted anyway. why risk messing up sum perfectly nice brand new headlights. i think ima just get em..now i need opinions in my other thread. if i shoudl get gunmetal or black housing...
Old 07-17-2007
Premium Member

hmm well to me, the black housing is too "pale" of a black meaning not very dark, its more of a flat black which for me when you have jet black gloss rims and a tezza grill, its gonna look like the headlights got faded. gunmetal would just be a different color, im not sure if its a paint or actually a chrome look to it. ive seen some tdm ones where they have a kind of smoked silvery chrome look. all clear is also nice, just depends on the car. pics of your ride?
Old 07-17-2007
This is Myspace

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ns-needed.html

^^ Link to the thread I started...it says everything there.. go take a look for me, thanks Gear
Old 07-18-2007

Originally Posted by gearbox
how is the beam output of the clear lights you bought? im thinking of getting some to replace my nasty stockers with scratches and pits all over, and now haze above the turn signal inside
Well I can tell you that they are at least as good as stock the pattern is pretty even I guess the light output all depends on the bulbs that you use and so on.
but to be honest these lights are very nice and I am very happy with them.
Old 07-18-2007
Premium Member

cool yea im guessing they are just copy of the stock cause they look exactly the same as far as the reflector goes. ill prolly grab a pair after the national meet drive cause i know theyre gonna get pitted again lol
Old 07-18-2007

Originally Posted by gearbox
cool yea im guessing they are just copy of the stock cause they look exactly the same as far as the reflector goes. ill prolly grab a pair after the national meet drive cause i know theyre gonna get pitted again lol
They are identical looking to stock but I did notice that the glare guard was a little diff.

trust me you will like them.
Old 07-21-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Color me sold. Was thinking about BO'd stockers, but those look very nice. I have too many things to buy....