Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

buying new headlights opinios needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: buying new headlights opinios needed

do you know how to wax the car? its the exact same thing. get a cloth, put some sealer on, wipe it all over the lens, let it dry for a minute, then get a clean cloth and wipe off the residue.
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute

gyup...get the black OEM headlights....and get some amber turn signal bulbs to go wit it and u got a clean lookin' set of headlights..
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

ClutchEm2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by D17sRuNtunable
what do u mean buff it off.. i must be getting annoying now
Put some of that Mothers stuff on a towel. Rub it into the headlight. Wait 5 minutes. Rub it off with the clean part of the towel. Repeat if needed.
Old 06-07-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the help but I ordered the clear ones yesterday.
Can't wait to get them.
Old 06-08-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Cool, post pics when you get them... I wish I had money to spend 400 on HL's
Old 06-08-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

thanks guys...yea i thought buffing them out meant something more....difficult lol but it sounds easy. im gona give it a try this weeknd and ill post pics of how it comes out. hey pacifik balla u got any close of pics of ur headlights. the ones in ur sig are good but...small.
Old 06-08-2007

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
Cool, post pics when you get them... I wish I had money to spend 400 on HL's
Nay man I decided not to get the ones from password JDM instead I went to (:|

http://freestylemotorsports.com/

look like clear JDM but paid only like $160.00

Last edited by MURDOCK; 06-08-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

good lol now you wont blind traffic
Old 06-09-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

thanks guys...yea i thought buffing them out meant something more....difficult lol but it sounds easy. im gona give it a try this weeknd and ill post pics of how it comes out. hey pacifik balla u got any close of pics of ur headlights. the ones in ur sig are good but...small.

Dont forget the before pictures!
Old 06-09-2007

Originally Posted by gearbox
good lol now you wont blind traffic
yea right

should I go with an amber bulb or plain clear bulb?
Old 06-09-2007

for my question.

Should I go amber or clear turn signal?
Old 06-09-2007
Premium Member

amber for sure, and hit me up if you need a pair of good amber bulb (actual amber glass, no coating that will peel off). they are also 25w/5w so the turn signal is a tad brighter. i have 4 pairs unopened that i prolly wont need since im switching back to tycs. ill send you a pack for $8 shipped.
Old 06-09-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

whoa how'd he get banned? that sucks.
Old 06-09-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

well since he got banned i guess i can take this one over to show u guys what i did....

so i went looking for that Mothers plastic stuff and couldnt find it in 5 stores so i gave up and went with some random "yellow haze fixer upper" kit thing from advance auto..the guy there told me it works better than mothers and meguires...but i duno.

anyway it ran me 20 bucks. and i gota tell u...it works pretty dam good. theres pics below. if u follow the simple directions and actually have patience then it works liek a charm.. theres six pics below. the first 3 are before and the last 3 are after shots. i still want some new oem lights so if anyone wants to trade for these id be more than happy to do it. these look really good now. no scratches no haze, no anything. they look pretty damn good so if anybody wants to trade there oem ones and doesnt wana go thru the hassle of painting there own, these are up for grabs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image050.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	71393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image052.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	71394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image051.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	71395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image056.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	71396   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image054.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	71397  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image055.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	71398  
Old 06-11-2007
Registered!!

Robin786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
yup i was just gonna post that lol. pre-blacked out all you do is install them. i would not buy the passwordjdm ones, they are real i can tell from the pics, but you are gonna have every car hi beaming you cause the beam will slope up the wrong way. and theres no way to change it. youre right about projectors, i just bought new tyc and they are horrible. good thing im swapping with a real oem projector.
Personally, I find the TYC projectors to be of very good quality and output. I just put the Osram Silverstars in them and they are hella bright. Not like HID, but for a halogen bulb, it covers the road well.
Old 06-11-2007
Premium Member

when i had them so did i. they are decent and safe to drive with but nowhere near what an oem projector will put out. here are both tyc projectors with +50 clear silverstar H1, 1800 lumen per bulb.

now here is one valeo projector with H7 standard bulb 1500 lumen, and foreground limiting shield which reduces the amount of light directly in front of the car.

Old 06-11-2007
This is Myspace

wow...so the valeo outputs higher? or just brighter. cuz if its higher, wont that just blind the hell out of people?
Old 06-11-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

well i would expect HID valeo w/ballast to out shine a halogen TYC... hehe... but yeah do u have a pic of a stock light with the silverstar in it? cause im just trying to beat my stock output without horrible glare, and without blinding oncoming traffic
Old 06-11-2007
Premium Member

um that pic is of a halogen valeo (common on older audis) with a halogen H7 standard bulb, which has LESS lumens than the +50 bulbs i had in the tyc. and the valeo is foreground limited. so it has two things against it already. i will be running those valeo with osram hyper H7 bulbs pushing 2100 lumen each if you can imagine that. almost as much lumen as a 6000K hid bulb. no more hid for me, i like halogen alot better. and no there is no glare above the valeo cutoff except for those dim flares with blue, which is for lighting up road signs (d.o.t. specific design).

if you have regular stock headlight, i would recommend the philips Xtreme power +80 H4 bulbs which is what i use currently. Since our stock bulbs only give 1000lumen each, it helps.

here is a comparison of stock reflector with different H4 bulbs.

STOCK philips bulb

+50 VP

+80 XP

catz hid PNP (4300k)

Old 06-11-2007
This is Myspace

the +80 looks....really good.
Old 06-11-2007
Premium Member

ya and if you order from powerbulbs.com they are still giving away philips bluevision 194 bulbs i believe.
Old 06-11-2007

I'm back from my two day banning.
lets just say I was a little toasted that night.

Gearbox you really have helped greatly.
I have a big donation coming your way (:
I just finished installing my new headlights and they look perfect.
the guys at http://www.freestylemotorsports.com/...e499c7fc0c760c
even included factory Honda bulb sockets for all bulbs.
the fit and finish and look of these light are top notch.
I used Silverstar main beams = 4000k they are nice and white and bright huge diff over stock, amber glass bulbs for indicator and regular old 194 wedge for the city lights.
I am very happy with the end result I would say buy from these guys and forget the DIY headlight stuff unless you want a different style that they don't offer.

Last edited by MURDOCK; 06-11-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2007
Premium Member

very nice glad it all worked out.
Old 06-12-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

yeah gear the +80 XP looks really nice. how long do the bulbs usually last??
Old 06-12-2007
Registered!!

d0ughbOy81 is an unknown quantity at this point

is it tru that the blue headlight will haze the inside of the housing?
iv had projectors in both my 7th gens and they suck from tyc to the duel halos they look nice but the light out put does suck and the tycs are hard as hell to aim. i got the gunmetal depo on my girls car she like them. they only fogged up ones but never had a problem with them and iv been looking for the blk depos everywhere dally on ebay, thanks for the link
Old 06-12-2007
This is Myspace

hey murdock...u got any pics of ur new headlights??
Old 06-12-2007

hey murdock...u got any pics of ur new headlights??
Sure here is a before and after.

Before my ugly faded DIY Blackout

And now the new JDM style they look like jewel's and look better in person.

I love em

Sorry for the crappy pics I'll try and get some new ones with the sun reflecting of them.

O and let me not forget my mighty Halos.

Last edited by MURDOCK; 06-12-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-13-2007
This is Myspace

very nice...they look so...new n shiny
Old 06-13-2007
I like my commute

looks good man, I like BOH a little more tho

what bulbs are you using in there?
Old 06-13-2007

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
looks good man, I like BOH a little more tho

what bulbs are you using in there?
very nice...they look so...new n shiny
Thanks for the comments.

I used Silverstar main beams = 4000k they are nice and white and bright, huge diff over stock, rainbow chrome amber glass bulbs for indicator and regular old 194 wedge for the city lights.

I like the look of the rainbow chrome amber indicators over the stock amber they look crisper and cleaner. I'll post a link to them from ebay its a
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7443-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by MURDOCK; 06-13-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Quick Reply: buying new headlights opinios needed