Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   buying new headlights opinios needed (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/295763-buying-new-headlights-opinios-needed.html)

MURDOCK 06-06-2007 07:31 PM

buying new headlights opinios needed

Well I need to buy new headlights.

Why you ask?

Because my stock headlights are all messed up yellowing scratched ugly:tdown:

I have already blacked them out but they are still ugly.

I am thinking of buying the Password JDM ones because I like the clear look.
Please don't tell me to buy projectors I had those and they suck light output and pattern beam suck.

Also I DONT want to buy new OEM and black them out I cant think of going threw that shit again to end up with foggy headlights again.

So what are my options?

LT2004ever 06-06-2007 07:37 PM

Re: buying new headlights opinios needed

sounds to me you dont need any advice cause u already have your mind made up...

burke420 06-06-2007 07:39 PM

www.certifit.com
www.ebay.com
www.passwordjdm.com

MURDOCK 06-06-2007 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by LT2004ever (Post 4199487)
sounds to me you dont need any advice cause u already have your mind made up...

Haha your right my mind is made up, I guess my real question would be are the headlights from password JDM the original Honda parts or are they the same stuff sold on e-bay I would rather buy Honda factory parts than e-bay knock-offs.

burke420 06-06-2007 07:52 PM

well certifit make a headlight to oem specs on a depo or tyc cover. a 1/3 price, but durable, i dunno?! i need new oem

MURDOCK 06-06-2007 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by burke420 (Post 4199493)
well certifit make a headlight to oem specs on a depo or tyc cover. a 1/3 price, but durable, i dunno?! i need new oem

Thanks I know that they sell OEM spec headlights at much less than the factory parts but I don't trust that crap.

I want it to say HONDA on the lens cover I bet that shit at password JDM is not real Honda product I might just end up buying new ones at the steelership.

Anyone know what they cost? I'm guessing $225.00 each:_doh:

TRIZ 06-06-2007 08:01 PM

everything i've ordered from password jdm has been 100% honda parts.

MURDOCK 06-06-2007 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by TRIZ (Post 4199496)
everything i've ordered from password jdm has been 100% honda parts.

Hmm thanks Triz maybee I will give them a call.

Kevbotron 06-06-2007 08:08 PM

Yes, Password stuff is all HOP's ... the problem w/ their headlights are the beam is different, their's tend to shine up and to the left.. since they drive on the left side of the road.. OEM shines it the other way. Long story short, you will blind the oncoming traffic with Password's HL's, since they're designed for driving in Japan:_doh:

LT2004ever 06-06-2007 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kevbotron (Post 4199500)
Yes, Password stuff is all HOP's ... the problem w/ their headlights are the beam is different, their's tend to shine up and to the left.. since they drive on the left side of the road.. OEM shines it the other way. Long story short, you will blind the oncoming traffic with Password's HL's, since they're designed for driving in Japan:_doh:

Good point! i wish i could rep ya, cause i didnt even think about the shine...

MURDOCK 06-06-2007 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kevbotron (Post 4199500)

O well sucks to be oncoming traffic.
Thanks I'm buying the password JDM ones.
+1 for the info:_beer:

ragingSPAM 06-06-2007 09:17 PM

passwordjdm does sell HOP parts...i know leo there...he is my sales agent...anyways i dont like ordering from password because they are a bunch of rip offs nowadays

MURDOCK 06-06-2007 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by ragingSPAM (Post 4199536)
passwordjdm does sell HOP parts...i know leo there...he is my sales agent...anyways i dont like ordering from password because they are a bunch of rip offs nowadays

So are gas prices but what other choice do I have.
Is there another place I can buy genuine Honda JDM headlights for cheeper?

MURDOCK 06-06-2007 09:48 PM

Just did a search using the search button and look what I found.
Damn! thank you to member Gearbox for finding this sight not genuine Honda but at this price it's worth a try I'm ordering from these guys.

Bank: 300.00
Total Points: 59,967.02
Donate

Add to gearbox's Reputation Report Post
headlight bonanza! - 04-06-2007
i have been looking ALL OVER for these stupid headlights. enjoy! its the only site anywhere that still carries them. there is even 04-05 black housing and the old 01-03 gunmetal and black.

http://www.freestylemotorsports.com/...e499c7fc0c760c

gearbox 06-06-2007 10:31 PM

yup i was just gonna post that lol. pre-blacked out all you do is install them. i would not buy the passwordjdm ones, they are real i can tell from the pics, but you are gonna have every car hi beaming you cause the beam will slope up the wrong way. and theres no way to change it. youre right about projectors, i just bought new tyc and they are horrible. good thing im swapping with a real oem projector.

CIVIC X3 06-06-2007 11:04 PM

i see all the 01-03 headlights but no 04-05?

MURDOCK 06-06-2007 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox (Post 4199588)
yup i was just gonna post that lol. pre-blacked out all you do is install them. i would not buy the passwordjdm ones, they are real i can tell from the pics, but you are gonna have every car hi beaming you cause the beam will slope up the wrong way. and theres no way to change it. youre right about projectors, i just bought new tyc and they are horrible. good thing im swapping with a real oem projector.

Yea man you need to use a good projector because those after-market ones truly suck:lol:

I think I want to go with the clear ones but the gunmetal one sound tempting I just hope they don't fog up and that they fit nice too.

DaMadScientist 06-06-2007 11:59 PM

if your getting new headlights how much for your old ones ?

MURDOCK 06-07-2007 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by DaMadScientist (Post 4199648)
if your getting new headlights how much for your old ones ?

Trust me you don't want them they are nasty dull scratched and leaky.

Maiko25 06-07-2007 02:08 AM

you can still buff u're headlights, that's wat i did

05CivicSprayin 06-07-2007 07:22 AM

:D All the yellow hazing and most scratches will come out with mother's plastic polish, you can do it by hand but it'll be like brand new with a good buffer. :D

Kevbotron 06-07-2007 07:26 AM

Just get DEPO HL's like these-> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...28920528QQrdZ1

It's not a HOP, I know they put DEPO tails in TDM Civics:shrug: not sure about DEPO HL's tho.

myinca 06-07-2007 10:35 AM

if u are happy with your headlights, and dont want to buff them out yourself, bring them to a dealership or autobody shop and they will buff it out and resurface them for you. will be a hella of alot cheaper then new lights. the lense will look brand new too. just something to consider before spending more money

DsevenEm2 06-07-2007 11:23 AM

^^ really? do u think any body shop will do it? how much will that all cost? and another thing...the headlights from freestyle motorsports look nice and all but i really wish the amber peice was in there. im in murdocks same position. i blacked mine out but the lens are getting yellowish. at least the drivers side is. the passenger a little. its been liek that since i bought the car but i wanted to black out mine so bad. i tried getting sum new oem ones off the forum but some guy jus took my money and i got screwed. i prefer oem ones to black them out. this time i can do it my way PERFFECTT

Killer_2006 06-07-2007 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by CIVIC X3 (Post 4199616)
i see all the 01-03 headlights but no 04-05?

They used to sell them, looked nice too, but they sold out. :shrug:

ClutchEm2 06-07-2007 12:47 PM

This is all you need. Gets rid of yellowing and haze.

http://www.detailersdream.com/images/MO8808.jpg

gearbox 06-07-2007 01:48 PM

if you go that route to clean the lens off, youre gonna have to use a quality plastic sealer every month or two otherwise they will just become yellow again. the uv protection layer is already stripped away from previous miscare.

DsevenEm2 06-07-2007 01:59 PM

got an example of that gearbox? what do u do jus rub on w.e it is onto the lense every once in a while. blacking out my headlights came out perfect besides the yellowish haze on top. if i can jus touch them up..thatd be ok i guess until i can find sum new oem headlights. also how do i use that mothers stuff. i keep hearing about a buffer..

gearbox 06-07-2007 02:22 PM

i use wolfgang clear plastic sealer. apply like wax, let it haze, then buff it off. every month or two. makes them shiny and smooth so water beads off, and also has UV protection.

DsevenEm2 06-07-2007 02:54 PM

what do u mean buff it off.. i must be getting annoying now