Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

NEW PICS. on pg4.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007
I like my commute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Re: final product before install...pg 2. PICS

Originally Posted by CIVIC X3
yeah...i'm kinda tired of modding my car and gettin things turning out the wrong way...pisses me off. for instance..my damn driver side headlight keeps foggin up. gotta get a new one, AND i got HID w/o retro (yes yes i know GLARE...) going to do that in the future. my suspension...well the neuspeed strut bar was great a great investment, but the tein basic wasnt. i dont like it at all. i will invest in new coils in the future also. i did get the spc camber and i will invest in sways bar wen i have money...now for the brakes...hopefully i'm doing everything right after doing alot of research what to get or not get. also my frame is freakin bent after doing my first oil change. (sigh) noob. thought i could put the jack on the support bar.
that sucks to hear bud.. I learn the hard way a lot too and it sucks don't let it discourage you about cars tho, and just chalk it up to experience
Old 03-28-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

well the neuspeed strut bar was great a great investment, but the tein basic wasnt. i dont like it at all.
what don't you like about the basic's?
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road

yeah...i'm not gonna drop the whole moddin. i tink its hella fun. jus get frustrated sometimes wen things jus aint goin right.

as for the tein basic...for the back i had to cut the dust cover cause it was making noise. then now the front is makin a clicking sound jus cruisin on the freeway. its comin from the front and i took it our and greased the top of the mount to see if it would help but it didnt. also after gettin the basic...the only thing i could afford at the moment. i realize it didnt have damper and road here in the bay area sucks.
Old 03-29-2007
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...i'm not gonna drop the whole moddin. i tink its hella fun. jus get frustrated sometimes wen things jus aint goin right.

as for the tein basic...for the back i had to cut the dust cover cause it was making noise. then now the front is makin a clicking sound jus cruisin on the freeway. its comin from the front and i took it our and greased the top of the mount to see if it would help but it didnt. also after gettin the basic...the only thing i could afford at the moment. i realize it didnt have damper and road here in the bay area sucks.
i'm doing the Eibach Pro Kit in a few weeks with some Tokico Blues. i'm hoping it rides as good as everyone says.
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

yea good luck wit the set-up...

so guys. as for the install today there are good news and bad news. the good news is i got the ss brake lines on, and that was the only thing i got on the car. so i then proceed to put the super blue in, and now the brakes is soft as hell wen drivin so i dunt know wtf is goin on. wen the engine is off, the brakes are firm like before, but wen its driving, the brakes are not applyin until halfway. as for the rotors, i coud not get the damn screws off. i striped one of it and i dunt know what the hell i'm goin to do anymore. so since i could not install the rotors, i didnt install the pads either. i'm jus speechless right now...
Old 03-30-2007
Administrator
Administrator

did you bleed the brakes? sounds like there's air in the lines. that's what it feels like when you need to bleed em. any time you open a brake line, you have to bleed them. even a couple small bubbles will make a difference.
Old 03-30-2007
Registered!!

yea...i did the bleeding procedure...when the car is off. the brake pedal is firm just like before. once the engine is on and driving. the pedals does not apply until haf way....
Old 03-30-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

i striped one of it and i dunt know what the hell i'm goin to do anymore. so since i could not install the rotors, i didnt install the pads either. i'm jus speechless right now...
sorry to hear that bud... are you going to take it to a shop or what?
Old 03-30-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice

yea good luck wit the set-up...

so guys. as for the install today there are good news and bad news. the good news is i got the ss brake lines on, and that was the only thing i got on the car. so i then proceed to put the super blue in, and now the brakes is soft as hell wen drivin so i dunt know wtf is goin on. wen the engine is off, the brakes are firm like before, but wen its driving, the brakes are not applyin until halfway. as for the rotors, i coud not get the damn screws off. i striped one of it and i dunt know what the hell i'm goin to do anymore. so since i could not install the rotors, i didnt install the pads either. i'm jus speechless right now...

for the rotor bolts always use an impact driver ..i just did my rotors and pads today in under 5 hours with bleeding for the first time, impact driver you just smack it with a hammer and it loosens the screw a few millimeters until it becomes loose, i gave it like 5 smacks with a rubber hammer and the screws came off with ease, as for the bleeding you really need 2 people to bleed effectively, one person depresses the brake pedal to the floor while the other one quickly loosens the bleed screw and tightens it, only need to do it like 3 times, and with the brake pedal depressed the fluid squirts out so have a rag to catch it, had to do this on my brothers hatch too. Here are some pics

what i also did was get my dremel out and some polishing compound and polish the screws so they look nice you can see them in the pics

sorry for the dirty rims...Tina is a dirty girl lol

Old 03-30-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

nice lugs^^
Old 03-30-2007
I like my commute

yahhh where'd you get em'?
Old 03-30-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice

i dont know, my brother got them for me for christmas, all i know is that they are the special extended ones lol
Old 03-30-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

to bleed the brakes just step on the brake pedal 3 times and on the 3rd time hold it down, repeat that step until all the old fluid is out and you can see new fluid. Than after that step on it a few times and it should firm up
Old 03-30-2007
Registered!!

well guys..good news. i went to my gf's family shop and he got the screws out for me. i spent 1 1/2 tryin to get it out and it didnt even move. he took 2 mins with the impact screw driver and got all four out! so i will proceed with the install 2m morning. as for bleeding the brakes, i asked him why my pedal still feels soft, and he said its probably the drum brakes in the back that i need to be tighten? so i'll see wussup...he made my day since i was so frustrated yesterday. ty everyone for there inputs. i really appreciated!
Old 03-30-2007
Administrator
Administrator

as for bleeding the brakes, i asked him why my pedal still feels soft, and he said its probably the drum brakes in the back that i need to be tighten? so i'll see wussup...he made my day since i was so frustrated yesterday. ty everyone for there inputs. i really appreciated!
could be. if they are really worn in comparison to new fronts, then the balance may be off.
Old 04-11-2007
Registered!!

Re: FINALLY done with install. pics will be updated soon

sry i took so long everyone. just got a job and been busy lately. so here is the final piece, and i'm holding off until next summer before i do anymore mods to my car. want to save up for some konig imagine. maybe by that time they will come out with a set of gold trim.

as for the install, whoever follow thru with my thread know that i ran into a couple of problem, and i will address the problem and how to solve it. i myself thought it was going to be an easy install, but it turned out to be a pain in the a$$.

so here is the comparison of the rotors and brake pads. notice the inside pads is thinner then the outside . i will point out my first mistake here. notice the R that i circle which stands for "right" and this rotor should be installed on the drive side. i however did not read the instruction and installed the opposite, making the job longer!

here in this picture, u can see the screw really messed up. which is the 2nd problemi had. i went at it for an hour and a half, and did everything i could but it would not even move 1/8 in. then the memeber on here gave the advice to use an IMPACT SCREW DRIVER. i HIGHLY recommend getting this as it will save time and your hands from pain. give it a few pound and it will pop out enough that you will easily screw out.

then there is the brake bracket. if anyone has tried to unbolt this by hand for the first time. it would be pretty difficult. 3rd problem. havin a power gun would be simple, but for those who does not have one. then i reccommend to first turn the steering wheel to the opposite side so you can have more room to work with and have more leverage to unscrew the bolt. as shown below.

last but not least the 4th problem. it is the brake line bolt. BE VERY VERY CAREFUL when trying to unscrew it because i almost stripped two of the bolts. make sure the wrench fits perfectly and give it a hard jolt so it can pop open. trying to force it slowly will increase the chance of it getting strip.

EDIT: use a flare nut wrench to unscrew the brake line bolt. DO NOT USE a regular wrench!

i hope this write-up will help the newcomer, and make it a more easier install.

now for the rest of the before and after pics.

rotors:

ss brake lines:

random shots: cant really see it with the ex rims. done!

Last edited by CIVIC X3; 04-12-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-11-2007
Registered!!

EM2Brande is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NEW PICS. on pg4.

now get some rims to show them off
Old 04-11-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

no point in that upgrade if you cant show it off...as for the brake line bolt...you dont use a regular wrench..the nut is made of soft aluminum and you need a flare nut wrench to take it off properly...IMO should of done more research and you would of saved yourself alot of time. I did mine for the first time, rotor and brake pad change in under 3 hours
Old 04-11-2007
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DaMadScientist
no point in that upgrade if you cant show it off...
You can't be serious...its a functional mod...not a superficial one...
Old 04-11-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

very nice, man, i plan on getting some soon, so this will help alot
Old 04-12-2007
Registered!!

ty for all the positive feedbacks.

as for the research i did! you will not find any thread on here that tells you any of the problem i ran into. this is why i went into detail explaining my problems for those that are beginner like me. i know how to change brake pads, and thought this could not be 10 times harder to do so i did the mod myself. as for using a regular wrench for the brake lines, i did not know that. and ty for pointing that out. although i like modding my car, i'm still a noob and learning. if i knew so much i would have a k20 in my car by now. i wouldnt be running into problem with a simple rotor/brake lines swap.