Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Shifter Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TrAvIs 05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shifter Bushings

I have a stock shifter and might get a Revo SS. Should i just use the stock bushings or is there any places that sell kits to replace them? I've heard about Gray's kits but can't find any. Also, i can't seem to find anything for my exact model/year so are the bushings from any year or any other cars interchangable with mine?
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Bushings - I don't know if Capyoda is still making/selling them, he has a site somewhere.

Grey is an old user here who made kits. Don't know if he's still around, may want to try Import Passions and see if he's over there.
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
King motor sports also make bushings or kumosport. Check them out too.
Old 01-16-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
I don’t think your going to get the response or "change" you want with these pos aluminum bushings...

Stock ones are fine.

Hey bob can you post up thos metal "shift linkage bushings"?

Now those are something to invest in... They will improve daily shifting and you will notice!

Last edited by 02BLKCIVIC; 01-16-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Confirmed in another thread CorSport USA - Import Automotive Performance Parts - Honda and Acura Performance Parts - Civic Si Integra RSX CRX Element Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII IX MR Scion xA xB tC Nissan Subaru STI WRX has bushings.
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bobsagator
Bushings - I don't know if Capyoda is still making/selling them, he has a site somewhere.

Grey is an old user here who made kits. Don't know if he's still around, may want to try Import Passions and see if he's over there.
I guess this is the site you were talking about- 139 Autosport

Grey is still around... he just posted about his kit in another thread (just incase no one has seen it yet).
Old 01-16-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
So are changing the shift linkage bushings going to give you that F&F shift sound? lol- seriously though?
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
I don’t think your going to get the response or "change" you want with these pos aluminum bushings...

Stock ones are fine.

Hey bob can you post up thos metal "shift linkage bushings"?

Now those are something to invest in... They will improve daily shifting and you will notice!
Stock everything is fine. But who doesn't want something a little stiffer, faster, smoother, etc? Only weirdos buy a used stock shifter, oh yeah, um, j/k!

I installed the metal bushings when the Revo SS was installed so I have no comparison. However, Grey's kit did make a big difference (plus the cotter pin ripped my boot). I believe the hype that the rubber bushings do allow a little more movement and the aluminum bushings almost eliminate that movement. But of course, it's all hear-say.

Are you talking about THESE? They've been installed for about 2-3 weeks now and honestly there's not much difference. I have noticed downshifting seems smoother and I haven't had the tough shift into 1st since they were installed. Anything for $30 that improves something and gets me back under the hood for some mod time is well worth it to me!
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TrAvIs 05
I guess this is the site you were talking about- 139 Autosport

Grey is still around... he just posted about his kit in another thread (just incase no one has seen it yet).
Yeah, that is/was Capyoda. Real good guy! He somehow overcharged me like $1 when I ordered the bushings. He appologized, I told him to keep it, and he still refunded it.
Old 01-16-2007

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Are you talking about THESE? They've been installed for about 2-3 weeks now and honestly there's not much difference. I have noticed downshifting seems smoother and I haven't had the tough shift into 1st since they were installed. Anything for $30 that improves something and gets me back under the hood for some mod time is well worth it to me!
yep yep!

And I broke my stock shift box! Lay Off!

I havent installed any of these parts so my oppinon doesnt count for jack in this thread!
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

yep yep!

And I broke my stock shift box! Lay Off!

I havent installed any of these parts so my oppinon doesnt count for jack in this thread!
I'm just glad the old shifter is getting used and not in a landfill.

And Grey's info for the kit for those interested.
Old 01-16-2007

The gear box is best in reverse!!! ^
Old 01-16-2007
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
i have the bushings and the hardware upgrade on my Revo...it was well worth the money
Old 01-16-2007
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
The gear box is best in reverse!!! ^

You mean the gear below 5? I thought that was 6th gear! No wonder I get that crunching noise just as I'm winning. Vin Diesel is so ashamed of me now.
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

Does $89 + $12 shipping (robearracing.com) sound good for a Revo or does anyone know any other place them sells them cheaper or with free shipping?
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

Truehonda was like 90 or 95 shipped I thought. Check the website or PM Eddie.
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

Thanks. The picture shows (i think) the non-adjustable one though. There are reviews that says it's adjustable so i sent an email just to make sure because i want the adjustable one.
Old 01-22-2007
Registered!!

So, i ordered my Revo from truehonda.com and it should be here in a couple of days. I also just got my kit from Grey to upgrade the Revo when it gets here. It was only $7 and took 2 days to get from California to me in NY. Awesome.
Old 01-22-2007
Registered!!

Post up a review after it's installed I still can't make up my mind if I want a revo or buddyclub.
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
It would deffinetly be a good investment.
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
I got mine from Eddie. He's a real nice guy.
Old 01-26-2007
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
Stock everything is fine. But who doesn't want something a little stiffer, faster, smoother, etc? Only weirdos buy a used stock shifter, oh yeah, um, j/k!

I installed the metal bushings when the Revo SS was installed so I have no comparison. However, Grey's kit did make a big difference (plus the cotter pin ripped my boot). I believe the hype that the rubber bushings do allow a little more movement and the aluminum bushings almost eliminate that movement. But of course, it's all hear-say.

I totally agree!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Post up a review after it's installed I still can't make up my mind if I want a revo or buddyclub.

Yeah I am waiting to see it installed also. I here good and bad things but that is normal with everything o a 7th gen!!
Old 02-08-2007
Registered!!

Ok, so i got the Revo from truehonda.com. Now, i know it wasn't there fault (at least i'm assuming this) but it took forever to get here because of shipping problems. I never got a tracking number and more than a week later i asked when it was coming and they basically had no clue what i was talking about until i sent back the receipt. It was all fixed though and i had no other problems.

While installing the Revo i was replacing the stock clips and stuff with Grey's kit and one of the E clips decided to shoot off into who-the-hell-knows-where-land and now i'm just using the stock one. Good thing i only paid $7 for that! Compared to the stock clip and bushings the kit SEEMS like it would help but i can't say whether it did or not because of the clip i lost.

Overall, it's awesome and i like it alot. It was an easy install and i'd say it was deffinitely worth it.