Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Help with paint on the door panel...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maverick_1337 will become famous soon enoughMaverick_1337 will become famous soon enough
Help with paint on the door panel...

A friend just asked me if he can use my car for half a day to buy some things.....to make the story short he told me he was painting something and accidentaly painted my door panel then he tried to fix it painting the whole selection without sanding, priming ect. he just made a mess...then he tried to remove the paint sanding my door panel with a really strong sand paper....just see pics below....i just dont know what to do to fix it. guess i'll have to buy a new one since he dosent even work...

i'll take better pics later i got to go now.

btw: i was thinking about buying some paint remover, will that work? and any tips on removing the crashes and make it smooth?

Old 01-09-2007
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
he was painting SOMETHING and it accidentally got on your door panel?
WTF? Hahahaha...
i would understand if he would have been painting and paint got on the outside of your car? But wtf is it doing inside? Was he trying to do a picasso while driving or something?

Solo un consulto...no le prestes tu carro a nadie.
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

hondoer27 will become famous soon enoughhondoer27 will become famous soon enough
I think he needs to buy you a new panel
Old 01-09-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, someone owes you a door panel, and you owe someone a swift kick in the ***, or an actual beatdown. I would've killed the bastard. Now I remember why NO ONE, not even my g/f, is allowed to borrow my car.

You've got us all intrigued, tho. How, exactly, did he manage to do this??
Old 01-09-2007
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
accidentaly painted my door panel
How does that happen?LOL Your mistake was letting him borrow the car in the first place.
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point
WTF!!?? umm ditto, how??

options
1: He buys you new door panel
2: He aint got money so he pays with his limbs.

Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

Maverick_1337 will become famous soon enoughMaverick_1337 will become famous soon enough
Can anybody give a quote on a new door panel so i could let him know?

and are 01-05 the same or is it 01-03 and 04-05?

Last edited by Maverick_1337; 01-09-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-09-2007
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
OMG that's horrible. After you finish beating him with the old door panel, send him back to a dealership to get you a door panel for your car, don't do any leg work for him, make him ask for a quote and get it replaced, it's his responsibility not yours.

Then beat him some more and impregnate his girlfriend.
Old 01-09-2007
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
This story doesn't add up. If I didn't know any better I'd say that maybe YOU painted the door panel, and to save face you said your friend did it. But that's just a theory. hehe.

In any event why dont you get some paint thinner and some clear coat?

Last edited by armieo; 01-09-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2007

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
^interesting theory.
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by armieo
This story doesn't add up. If I didn't know any better I'd say that maybe YOU painted the door panel, and to save face you said your friend did it. But that's just a theory. hehe.

In any event why dont you get some paint thinner and some clear coat?
as i said what he told me was that he tried to fix it up by painting the whole panel the same color with the paint he was using (so i would be like ohh ok it looks nice) but the paint just didnt grap the surface or something like that

i called him like 30 minutes ago to ask him how the f^#$k did that happened then he told me he was on a hurry painting an intake tube and then he notice a small dot and when he paint it, he accidently painted the door and the lower part of the window but he used a liquid and the paint came of right (dont know wich liquid thought), btw tints looks like they aren't damage..should i ask him to pay for the window tint too?.

and about the paint thinner i was thinking about that at the first time....but maybe it would eat the plastic....ohh well he already said he was going to buy it so thanks anyway.

Last edited by Maverick_1337; 01-09-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

JSpec_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
New door panel, the texture of the panel is gone by sanding
Old 01-09-2007

Originally Posted by Maverick_1337
as i said what he told me was that he tried to fix it up by painting the whole panel the same color with the paint he was using (so i would be like ohh ok it looks nice) but the paint just didnt grap the surface or something like that

i called him like 30 minutes ago to ask him how the f^#$k did that happened then he told me he was on a hurry painting an intake tube and then he notice a small dot and when he paint it, he accidently painted the door and the lower part of the window but he used a liquid and the paint came of right (dont know wich liquid thought), btw tints looks like they aren't damage..should i ask him to pay for the window tint too?.

and about the paint thinner i was thinking about that at the first time....but maybe it would eat the plastic....ohh well he already said he was going to buy it so thanks anyway.

I'd still beat his ***. You should definitely just take it to the dealer have them order the panel and install it, so he gets raped on the cost. Not like you have to pay for it.
Old 01-09-2007
Banned

2k3civicSSM is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes how did he paint the inside of the car if the door was closed?
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 2k3civicSSM
Yes how did he paint the inside of the car if the door was closed?
cause the moron was inside my car
Old 01-09-2007

who paints **** inside other people's cars, or their own for that matter. i'd stop talking to this idiot as soon as he pays your for the new door panel.
Old 01-09-2007
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Wow, I believe your friend requires some common sense... maybe thats why he doesnt have a job. Honestly, like everyone has said... what possessed him to paint something inside of your car?
Old 01-09-2007

I think your friend needs to start wearing a hockey helmet, with a drool cup.
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

Keyees is an unknown quantity at this point
who the **** would paint in a car. let alone someone elses!
Old 01-09-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Originally Posted by Maverick_1337
Can anybody give a quote on a new door panel so i could let him know?

and are 01-05 the same or is it 01-03 and 04-05?
For the coupe panels, its 158- and the Honda guy said it would probably be a little more then that, being thoes prices were last years. And by the way, that was for the passanger side. Drivers side has to be even more with the fact you have more controls to play with.

If you want to be a friend back, you could check out Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and see what they got for you. They have salvaged parts from cars that people donated or crashed and what not. You may want to double think before you turn this idea down- (one brand new door panel in your car is going to make the rest of your interior look a little shitty). When I had my door panel off, it looked like the top section could be removed and replaced, but have never seen a top section for sale. My honda guy said you could reorder parts of the door panel, this top section may be one of them. You still need the door handle too, looks like he scratched it up pretty bad with the sanding.

Always glad to help, hope all works out for you!
Old 01-10-2007
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
hey maverick, i may have my door panels for sale soon. Im getting new ones. And from the pix i can tell your car is a VP, so it would be perfect. But shipping to PR would be a PITA!!
Old 01-10-2007
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
hi suzy
Old 01-10-2007
Registered!!

jonjon81 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats not your friend ..he is out to destory you...

i wish i saw this thread about a week and 1/2 ago i just bought a new door (new to me) and i practically gave the panels away.....i got the door complete for 200 and i let the insides go for 50
..where are you located?
Old 01-10-2007

he's in PR
Old 01-10-2007
Registered!!

oh yikes..

maverick..call these guys they helped me get my door..and they maybe able to help you..the problem is that..its here in san antonio..if they dont wanna ship to you..but have what you're looking for..ill buy it myself and we can work something out..if intrested that is.

JOHN'S IMPORTSS
(210) 623-8888

ask to speak with john
Old 01-10-2007
Registered!!

PM me and let me know if you choose to go this route.
Old 01-10-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
aww what a nice guy^^ rep him for the offer buddy!
Old 01-10-2007

hell, i'll rep him for being one of the few decent guys on here.
Old 01-11-2007
Registered!!

rep him?

sorry to sound so noobish...but just doing what id want anyone else here to do for me if they could.