Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

How to stop sub from sliding around trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
How to stop sub from sliding around trunk?

Well, my sub completely destroyed my trunk. The carpet has completely been ripped out and all the the screw things are bent to ****. But now without the carpet there, it slides around a lot easier on the wood. I already put a piece of wood in the front, so now it slides left to right in the back half of the truck, and jumps around on every bump I hit, any idea on how to keep it in place?
Old 06-21-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PCaly2112 is an unknown quantity at this point
bolt it down using L-brackets
Old 06-21-2006
Registered!!

EclecticVISIONS is on a distinguished road
no no no, better than l-brackets... go to a junk yard and get the hood latches from a jeep, i prefer a nice cj-7 hood latch myself. attach "loop" section to sub (or in my case, tool box) and "hook" section to trunk floor. makes for an awesome DIY and, in my case, you can remove your toolbox quickly and easily. yes yes, you may rep me for that one:-D
Old 06-21-2006
ultra super duper member

01vic will become famous soon enough01vic will become famous soon enough
cheapest easiest and most practial way to do it is to go to home depot and get some industrial strength velcro to stick it down.. and then you can take it out easily if you need to also
Old 06-21-2006
Registered!!

EclecticVISIONS is on a distinguished road
or or or, get a small asian child to live in your trunk and hold it... that's the JDM way
Old 06-21-2006
ultra super duper member

01vic will become famous soon enough01vic will become famous soon enough
!! ^ +1 for that
Old 06-21-2006
Registered!!

ricanswt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EclecticVISIONS
or or or, get a small asian child to live in your trunk and hold it... that's the JDM way
another +1 rep
Old 06-21-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
You must do some mad e-braking, yo.

Anyway, just get a flat piece of rubber, maybe a cut up winter mat or something, and put it under your sub box. It won't slide then.
Old 06-21-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
lol whatever you do asian child or L brackets have it bolted down. If your system is stolen most insurance companies wont cover it if it wasnt bolted down.
Old 06-22-2006
I Pinch.

Sinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of light
I've got the small asian child... I tried to bolt his feet to the chassis but I just can't quite get him to stop squirming enough to hammer his feet down.

Wait... Did you mean Bolt down the sub?
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

alpinecivic2 is an unknown quantity at this point
ite dude, i had the same problem. i used a pretty cheap fix, but it works amazingly. idk about yours, but my cardbord plate that goes over the spare tire was bowed in pretty bad. anyway, i cut two 1x4s and just used very small screws and screwed them to the bottom of my box running parrallel on each side front/back. it works really well man, no more sliding and more importantly nothing is being damaged! hope this helps, ill upload pix soon
Old 06-22-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Im getto.

I use my stock jack & just sorta pry it in between the top of my trunk & the box.
Old 06-22-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
just stop caring about it and you wont notice it anymore.. thats what i did. i had the same situation too with the screws being bent and the carpet notthere just glue the carpet onto the cardboard.
Old 06-22-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 01vic
cheapest easiest and most practial way to do it is to go to home depot and get some industrial strength velcro to stick it down.. and then you can take it out easily if you need to also
yes sir, thats how i have minee
Old 06-23-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
HAHAHAHA! Your new Avatar is the **** DJ!^^^
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

triplethreat is an unknown quantity at this point
look at the real problem

If you get some decent subs and box with some weight on the magnets you wouldn't have to worry about it movin around. Mine is heavy i can barely get it in and out.
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

FERIOHHHHHHHHHH will become famous soon enough
if you got some good stuff just give em to me =] that'll help it from moving around your trunk.. i dont mind them moving around in my trunk at all =] if you got some weak $hit then just throw them away if it bothers you that much
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
make an L bracket and screw it to the floor.
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
i had the same exact problem when i first got my em2. the carpet got ripped around those holes and all the studs got bent. since then ive been made crazy about weight reduction and i removed everything from the truck and the backseat, built a new box and fabbed some aluminum brackets that bolt to the floor where the backseat used to be. i had some cheapo l-brackets back in the day. they came out after a launch in a race ripped the screws right out of the box and the box went flying to the back of the truck. my amp was mounted on my box so all my wires got ripped out. the rca jacks on my signal converter got wrecked. was a fun experience.
Old 06-27-2006
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by _unclejuice
i had the same exact problem when i first got my em2. the carpet got ripped around those holes and all the studs got bent. since then ive been made crazy about weight reduction and i removed everything from the truck and the backseat, built a new box and fabbed some aluminum brackets that bolt to the floor where the backseat used to be. i had some cheapo l-brackets back in the day. they came out after a launch in a race ripped the screws right out of the box and the box went flying to the back of the truck. my amp was mounted on my box so all my wires got ripped out. the rca jacks on my signal converter got wrecked. was a fun experience.
u have any pics of the new setup?
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
i sure dont. ill get some pics and post.
Old 06-28-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Im all about L brackets and some screws.
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

i was until my experience. it was with an off the shelf box anyway. i didnt think l-backets would cut it with the dope *** box i built.
Old 06-29-2006
I Pinch.

Sinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of light
One of these days I'm going to re-lay my trunk. Right now I've just got the stock crappy cardboard. I want a nice MDF floor though.
Old 07-04-2006
Registered!!

thats too much weight
Old 07-04-2006
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Use pamela andersons old implants and put one on each side of the sub box. This might cause a dramatic increase in weight but at least the sub will stay put..
I think she has them for sale on e-bay lolllll