Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   How to stop sub from sliding around trunk? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/267007-how-stop-sub-sliding-around-trunk.html)

karizzle 06-21-2006 02:41 AM

How to stop sub from sliding around trunk?

Well, my sub completely destroyed my trunk. The carpet has completely been ripped out and all the the screw things are bent to shit. But now without the carpet there, it slides around a lot easier on the wood. I already put a piece of wood in the front, so now it slides left to right in the back half of the truck, and jumps around on every bump I hit, any idea on how to keep it in place?

PCaly2112 06-21-2006 05:43 AM

bolt it down using L-brackets

EclecticVISIONS 06-21-2006 10:50 PM

no no no, better than l-brackets... go to a junk yard and get the hood latches from a jeep, i prefer a nice cj-7 hood latch myself. attach "loop" section to sub (or in my case, tool box) and "hook" section to trunk floor. makes for an awesome DIY and, in my case, you can remove your toolbox quickly and easily. yes yes, you may rep me for that one:-D

01vic 06-21-2006 10:58 PM

cheapest easiest and most practial way to do it is to go to home depot and get some industrial strength velcro to stick it down.. and then you can take it out easily if you need to also

EclecticVISIONS 06-21-2006 11:03 PM

or or or, get a small asian child to live in your trunk and hold it... that's the JDM way

01vic 06-21-2006 11:10 PM

:lol:!! ^ +1 for that

ricanswt 06-21-2006 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by EclecticVISIONS
or or or, get a small asian child to live in your trunk and hold it... that's the JDM way

:lol: another +1 rep

DeX 06-21-2006 11:33 PM

You must do some mad e-braking, yo.

Anyway, just get a flat piece of rubber, maybe a cut up winter mat or something, and put it under your sub box. It won't slide then.

ruffryde009 06-21-2006 11:33 PM

lol whatever you do asian child or L brackets have it bolted down. If your system is stolen most insurance companies wont cover it if it wasnt bolted down.

Sinisterdexter 06-22-2006 11:05 AM

I've got the small asian child... I tried to bolt his feet to the chassis but I just can't quite get him to stop squirming enough to hammer his feet down.

Wait... Did you mean Bolt down the sub?

alpinecivic2 06-22-2006 01:12 PM

ite dude, i had the same problem. i used a pretty cheap fix, but it works amazingly. idk about yours, but my cardbord plate that goes over the spare tire was bowed in pretty bad. anyway, i cut two 1x4s and just used very small screws and screwed them to the bottom of my box running parrallel on each side front/back. it works really well man, no more sliding and more importantly nothing is being damaged! hope this helps, ill upload pix soon

02BLKCIVIC 06-22-2006 01:17 PM

Im getto.

I use my stock jack & just sorta pry it in between the top of my trunk & the box.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 06-22-2006 07:37 PM

just stop caring about it and you wont notice it anymore.. thats what i did. i had the same situation too with the screws being bent and the carpet notthere just glue the carpet onto the cardboard.

djrabbi 06-22-2006 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by 01vic
cheapest easiest and most practial way to do it is to go to home depot and get some industrial strength velcro to stick it down.. and then you can take it out easily if you need to also

yes sir, thats how i have minee

02BLKCIVIC 06-23-2006 11:22 AM

HAHAHAHA! Your new Avatar is the shit DJ!^^^

triplethreat 06-27-2006 05:24 AM

look at the real problem

If you get some decent subs and box with some weight on the magnets you wouldn't have to worry about it movin around. Mine is heavy i can barely get it in and out.

FERIOHHHHHHHHHH 06-27-2006 06:58 AM

if you got some good stuff just give em to me =] that'll help it from moving around your trunk.. i dont mind them moving around in my trunk at all =] if you got some weak $hit then just throw them away if it bothers you that much

Civicman1988 06-27-2006 08:16 AM

make an L bracket and screw it to the floor.

_unclejuice 06-27-2006 08:41 AM

i had the same exact problem when i first got my em2. the carpet got ripped around those holes and all the studs got bent. since then ive been made crazy about weight reduction and i removed everything from the truck and the backseat, built a new box and fabbed some aluminum brackets that bolt to the floor where the backseat used to be. i had some cheapo l-brackets back in the day. they came out after a launch in a race ripped the screws right out of the box and the box went flying to the back of the truck. my amp was mounted on my box so all my wires got ripped out. the rca jacks on my signal converter got wrecked. was a fun experience.

karizzle 06-27-2006 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by _unclejuice
i had the same exact problem when i first got my em2. the carpet got ripped around those holes and all the studs got bent. since then ive been made crazy about weight reduction and i removed everything from the truck and the backseat, built a new box and fabbed some aluminum brackets that bolt to the floor where the backseat used to be. i had some cheapo l-brackets back in the day. they came out after a launch in a race ripped the screws right out of the box and the box went flying to the back of the truck. my amp was mounted on my box so all my wires got ripped out. the rca jacks on my signal converter got wrecked. was a fun experience.

u have any pics of the new setup?

_unclejuice 06-28-2006 10:12 PM

i sure dont. ill get some pics and post.

diskreet 06-28-2006 10:14 PM

Im all about L brackets and some screws.

_unclejuice 06-28-2006 10:23 PM

i was until my experience. it was with an off the shelf box anyway. i didnt think l-backets would cut it with the dope ass box i built.

Sinisterdexter 06-29-2006 01:45 PM

One of these days I'm going to re-lay my trunk. Right now I've just got the stock crappy cardboard. I want a nice MDF floor though.

_unclejuice 07-04-2006 12:37 PM

thats too much weight

_Viper_ 07-04-2006 01:51 PM

Use pamela andersons old implants and put one on each side of the sub box. This might cause a dramatic increase in weight but at least the sub will stay put..
I think she has them for sale on e-bay lolllll