Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

body kit and underglow.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brandenw is an unknown quantity at this point
body kit and underglow.

first off i own an 05 LX SE Civic Sedan...
i just bought (off ebay) a streetglow LED kit, but when i went to go get it installed Car tunes and audio image both said that it cant be installed in my car without a bodykit... that true?

I called circuit city and they said they would have to see the car and kit..
so i scheduled for monday..

but in the mean time im looking at getting a body kit,
What is on this car? i know the sides are xenon, but whats the front and rear?

its rijowysock's car
http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...072small15.jpg
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
if you actually look at the front bumper it says "Xenon"...

the entire kit on that car is xenon.
Old 03-24-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
An underbody kit can be installed on any car with any body style. But I have to give +rep to the shop for not installing it on your car without a kit because that's the only way it should be done. The main reason people **** on underbody kits so much is because of all the cars driving with the tubes showing and it looks dumb. I think they shouldn't be installed on any car that doesn't have a body kit and also a drop to get it lower to the ground.
Put some cardboard in your driveway, lie down on it, and take a look up under your car. Fit the tubes up there to see if there's a reasonable mounting point where they won't be visible, you might even want to have a friend walk 200-300 feet down the road to see if he can see them at all. If so, get the kit.
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

jerseydetailer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
wow a shop that does the right thing wish we had more of those in jersey
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

mikemal is an unknown quantity at this point
you wont have as many choices for a kit with a sedan. the xenon and the kaminari is probably the best in my opinion. i am rocking the xenon myself.
Old 03-24-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
you dont need a kit for a neon install. i would never drill neons in a body kit and risk it cracking. but should go under chasis on sides on rear bumper in front of tow hook. and in front on the plastic garnish under the car before the bumper. should include the plastic brackets to hold it on also.
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

Front and sides can be done fine without a kit, the only problem is the rear....its visible and i dont know what im going to do about that, i want to put on the xenon kit, but the 05 sedan kit front bumber looks like crap in my opinion.. nothing like the one on rijowysocks car
Old 03-26-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
im gonna put my white street glows on without a body kit. when they come in, ill figure it out, and let you know. but i do know, i don't need a body kit. if you are having problems, just put it a few inches away from your rear sway bar, but keep a distance from the muffler.
Old 03-26-2006
awd pwnz j00
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it's more an issue with the sides. If you have some kind of side skirt you should be ok, but without I think youre going to have a hard time making the bulb not visible.
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MajinB
im gonna put my white street glows on without a body kit. when they come in, ill figure it out, and let you know. but i do know, i don't need a body kit. if you are having problems, just put it a few inches away from your rear sway bar, but keep a distance from the muffler.
well when it stops friggin raining i can take a look at myself.. but i also have an apointment with circuit city monday, and ive been told they are very good.. so i will have to find out...

but ya let me know how you do it, and pics would be nice too..
Originally Posted by import2nr
I think it's more an issue with the sides. If you have some kind of side skirt you should be ok, but without I think youre going to have a hard time making the bulb not visible.
i took a quick look and it didnt seem like they would be a problem, it looked like there was a small spot that they would fit... but i wont really know.. but im sure that the rear will be cuz i didnt see any spot at all with out them being visible...
ill see if i can find some pics online but i will be taking pics and doin my research but hopefully circuit city can do it.. but if it means that the tubes will show then i will wait till i can afford a body kit.
Old 03-26-2006
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I installed an underbody kit a week or so before I installed my bodykit. I already had about 1.5" drop. For the front I drilled into the front bumper (not the abs cover, the actual metal bar), did some measuring, and cut out a strip from the black part of the bumper, a couple of inches forward of the clip holes. For the rear I did the same. The side tubes mounted behind that little lip that runs along the sides (the same strip of metal the jack points are on). You couldn't see the tubes from a block away, just the glow. Still I'm of the opinion that a bodykit comes before neons. Your car looks complete with a bodykit and no neons, but ricey with neons and no bodykit. Again, my own opinion, hypocritical as it is.
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

well at the moment i have 700 i can spend on a kit, but i havent found a body kit i like yet.. i like the xenon sides and thats bout it so far... so anyone know any good sites for 05 sedan kits? but want to get a kit just havent yet.
Old 03-26-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
im lookin for a "sleeper/ show" look. no body kit for me.
Old 03-26-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
bingo. that and they will need to be drilled into the car instead of using the body kit to support them. oh and for the rear, you're gonna need to cut up your bumper pretty good underneath because the only mount location without seeing tube is above the bumper.

Originally Posted by import2nr
Old 03-26-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
If you do install them please make sure you hide them, it looks about retarded when people install them and you can see the whole bulb. Just have patience and buy the kit first, then when your installing the kit, install the neons at the same time so everything fits together nice. Cause you may install the neons and they may need to move when you install the kit, whether it be, rubbing, blocking the light, etc. Its not gonna make or break you if you don't put them on right now, so have patience and do it right, not ghetto.
Old 03-26-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
^yup i got tons of comments the first day i drove with em on haha. hide the tubes! and dont drive with em on cause you'll get pulled over.
Old 03-26-2006
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
u know what the problem is... most of the time the tubes are too fat and it doesnt look good without a body kit... but u do not need a bodykit for a neon set up.. but it looks way better with a bodykit.. there is a led neon kit out there that is nice and bright with thin tube dimensions.. i have em installed on my car... made by varad... its the varad uls400
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-VARAD-BLUE-S...QQcmdZViewItem
the tubes are really thin u should check these out...
Two 48" Light Bars, each with ( 48 ) Hyperled L.E.Ds

Two 24" Light Bars, each with ( 24 ) Hyperled L.E.Ds

5-Segment Scanning on all LED Light Bars

Exclusive Varad Low Profile Tube Design

4-Mode Digital Control Module

Wiring Harness

Six Mounting Clamps
12 Feet of Wire Per Tube to Controller

Mounting Screws

Digital Control Module Selection from the Following 4 Modes:

SCANNING: Six Scanning Patterns and Glowing Pulse Effects.

STROBE: Complete Light Bar Strobing (Variable Speed)

SOLID: All L.E.Ds "On", Four Levels of L.E.D Intensity.

MUSIC REACTOR: Light Bars Sync to your Music.

Tolerance settings from 40hz to 120hz. speaker level line-in

just dont drive with them on... thats really gay.....lol

Last edited by PICHY; 03-26-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

i have a underglow kit alrdy its StreetGlow multi color LED kit.. but now im in search of a body kit... just havent seen any i like yet (for an 05 sedan). but im going to SteetToyz (local shop) and seeing what they have monday.
Old 03-26-2006
Premium Member

those led kits are so dim tho. i guess gold series neons spoiled me cause that was insanely bright. too bad it breaks easy.
Old 03-26-2006
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gearbox
those led kits are so dim tho. i guess gold series neons spoiled me cause that was insanely bright. too bad it breaks easy.
yeah i went trough 3 sets of them street glows in a year and a half... and the **** is they r so expensive even to replace the parts.... my transformer used to burn out all the time.. so ripped the **** out and got these.... the main box where all tube wres connect is inside the car.... yes the are a lil dimmer that them streetglows.... but to me they r more resistant then the SG.. i love em....
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

well i got the kit free... so no harm done.. was a bday present, if i dont like it i will just go get the varad kit. and i cant use neon where i live it would break within a week. i live in a rural small town alot of pot holes.. but hopefully the streetglow will last...

ok well after being told i need to get a body kit i started looking for body kits, everyone says not to get fiberglass.. but i cant find any urethane kits for a sedan... am i just stupid? can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Last edited by brandenw; 03-26-2006 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-26-2006
ALGARETE

get the factory one.. nice and clean
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

know any places to buy it online?
Old 03-26-2006
ALGARETE

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
Old 03-26-2006
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Funny story I remembered...I went to a friend's shop one day and as his assistant installed an alarm for me some guy in a Civic pulled in. He commented on his rear neon being hard to place so I wandered outside for a smoke and looked under...the tube was zip-tied to his sway bar.
Old 03-26-2006

Originally Posted by TeLLy
Funny story I remembered...I went to a friend's shop one day and as his assistant installed an alarm for me some guy in a Civic pulled in. He commented on his rear neon being hard to place so I wandered outside for a smoke and looked under...the tube was zip-tied to his sway bar.
omg, how did it not break? thats horrible. i mean not the zip tie part. the sway bar part. i plan to use zip ties as back ups to screws.
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

ok well i just bought a Tsunami body kit and some white powdercoat rims.. and im going to get all that installed at the same time along with the underglow. by StreetToyz Performance
Old 03-28-2006
ALGARETE

show us some pics when it gets done
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

ill do that when its all done

legality???

i live in california, and i have some friends who are telling me that any modification to a car is now illegal... is that true? are body kits illegal now?

Last edited by brandenw; 03-28-2006 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost