got my CF hood! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2006   #1
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Talking got my CF hood!

ok, so anyway, the brand name is "number one" and if you are gonna type "it sucks" or anything like that, please please, press and hold the ALT button, then press F4 before you type anything. thanx.
so i did a hood swap with a 7thgenner here in GA
THANX ADRIENNE!
any, i brought pics. the hood is popped but not unlatched. the trim piece IS NOT fitted on right now. i bought a new one tonight. i didn't feel like using the chrome one she had, cause hers is a sedan. so ill put on the trim piece thursday before i put on my exhaust. the hood is dirty. again i don't care. i got this bitch for free. i had to roll the fenders a little with spacers. and the winshield sprayers will go on thursday too. but it worked out fine. next up is the hood pins. i will be using the CF pads, with the lock key style. any thoughts? i likey. its LIGHT!!
ok ok, pics.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0794.JPG
Views:	1899
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	65397   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0795.JPG
Views:	645
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	65398   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0796.JPG
Views:	501
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	65399  
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #2
You gotta be as blind as Anne Frank not to see that

ddevil0013 is on a distinguished road
awesome..u gonna paint that trim piece black or get a cf one? i think it would flow better. either way you got a steal there
ddevil0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #3

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
lol NO i bought the silver one to try to match the SSM car. im keepin it silver
Old 03-27-2006   #4
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Dude for the price you got one sweet hood. Its not even that dirty.
Tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #5
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
Looks good I installed my hood today also
IrockCivics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #6
Cutie Wit A Bootie!

Fuschiacivic02 has a spectacular aura aboutFuschiacivic02 has a spectacular aura aboutFuschiacivic02 has a spectacular aura about
Nice hood! Thank you....and you're welcome!
Fuschiacivic02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuschiacivic02
Nice hood! Thanks again!
no prob! we both saved some $$$
Old 03-27-2006   #8
I'm unusually bored.

tony_buttons is an unknown quantity at this point
I think a black trim piece would flow better with your grill... silver is going to break the lines up. Awesome find, though. I can't really tell if it needs it, but ou can use plastic polish on the resin coated carbon fiber to bring out the shine, thats what I do with my b pillars.
tony_buttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #9
Lost in the Matrix

Transformer_Guy is on a distinguished road
Niceee, you cant go wrong with free
Transformer_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #10
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i think it looks fine, just keep it waxed or you'll hate it after a while.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #11
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Heh, as has been said through IM, you got *****.

Looking nice! (the car, I mean)
ramcosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #12

yea, the reflection pic looks like i have *****, but its just a baggy shirt. gearbox, will do man!
Old 03-27-2006   #13
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcosca
Heh, as has been said through IM, you got *****.

Looking nice! (the car, I mean)
hahahahaha i just noticed that, hood looks good tho
RHCP0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #14
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
lols, nice *****. jk

post pics of the whole car, next black out your headlights
vacivic2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #15

i refuse to black out the headlights. the silver painting on the headlights is perfect for my SSM
Old 03-27-2006   #16
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
dont ruin that hood with hood pins too
vacivic2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacivic2005
dont ruin that hood with hood pins too
r u kidding? i need them. don't worry, they will be the key lock ones with the CF style spacers.
Old 03-27-2006   #18
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya if you get the cf ones they will blend right in.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #19
Registered!!

randy6duece will become famous soon enoughrandy6duece will become famous soon enough
Car looks good man...more pics!!!
randy6duece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy6duece
Car looks good man...more pics!!!
check my sig. click any of the links. thanx! im glad people like it.
Old 03-28-2006   #21
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
good stuff man. now paint it lool.
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #22
Registered!!

Nates02EX is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good, do you have to get the pins for it? is it necessary? i had a fiberglass hood on one of my s-10 once and it was light and worked fine with the stock latch
Nates02EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nates02EX
looks good, do you have to get the pins for it? is it necessary? i had a fiberglass hood on one of my s-10 once and it was light and worked fine with the stock latch
i am getting pins. i have heard bad stories. after gettin it, i don't even drive past 65 anymore not till i get the pins in. so a few weeks of utter slowness...but it will be worth it. im using the stock latch too. more =better.