Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Can A Lip Kit Get Stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
how do you screw those in?
Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

tuan25000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by armieo
I have one way security screws on my kit. It's not going anywhere =)

Weird site to find a good pic/description of it but you get the idea.

http://myword.info/sendword.php?ow_drive_1

You can get them at home depot. They are designed to pop off the screwdriver if a thief tries to unscrew them.

The one thing is that you have to be sure that's the kit you want because it's a bitch and a half to take them off. You'd probably have to saw the head off.
i reallly like the idea of the one way screw...but how do you put it on in the first place?
Old 02-04-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
I have an easy answer. Do you think you can rip a lip off a car? I think I could.
Old 02-05-2006
Registered!!

tuan25000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DeX
I have an easy answer. Do you think you can rip a lip off a car? I think I could.
hahah the question should be...can you rip a kaminari kit off a car?
Old 02-05-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
You put them on with a regular screwdriver. If you think about it... when turning the screwdriver to screw a normal screw in, the screwdriver only hits two faces of the screw head. I have depicted those two faces in black in this picture.

With one way screws, the red faces that are normally there in universal screws are actually replaced by ramps. So that when you try to unscrew the screw, the screwdriver goes up the ramp since there is nothing to stop it. The screwdriver thus slides up and off the screw head as seen by the red arrow.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	screwschematic.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	64218  
Old 02-05-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
you definately can rip off a lip kit. hell, you could rip off most fiberglass front bumpers if you wanted to. the only thing stopping someone is if you garage the car or park it where someone can see it all the time.
Old 02-05-2006
TQ_
Registered!!

TQ_ is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are worried about your lip kit being stolen I suggest get a good alarm. I have a 2way Viper alarm on mine.