Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Can A Lip Kit Get Stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuan25000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can A Lip Kit Get Stolen?

hey guys, im asking this because im gettin a kamanari lip kit very soon, next week actually. I would like to if anyone has ever had their lip kit stolen? has anyone heard of lip kits gettin' stolen? because i haven't so far. If so, what are ways of preventing it from getting taken off? also, i park my car on the street so im worried something might happen to it = (

thanks alot u guys, i learn something new here everyday.

Last edited by tuan25000; 02-03-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

civic4dizoor is on a distinguished road
I guess if u have ur wheels str8 it makes it a LIL harder for them unscrewin the screws behind the wheel wellfor the Front lip . its just as easy to steal as it was puttin it on.
Old 02-03-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Well almost anything can be stolen, and yes a lip kit can. If you think about it, the only thing that is holding them on is screws and 3m tape. Should be too hard to take it off in about 5 min for a person knowing what they are doing. I have the Kaminari Sides and Rear with Type B front and haven't had it stolen yet, i've never really heard anyone getting one stolen.
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

4_door_fury is an unknown quantity at this point
ive hrd of someones stock lip being stolen from a l8r gen civic. . not like it matters. BUT yes its possible but very unlikely.. i wudnt worry if i was you.. if your that worried invest in a alarm system..
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
^ like he said, anything can get stolen, think about it, once you've worked on your car you know how easy / hard it is to do something and you're that much quicker w/ it. Straight wheels would be one solution to deter, but anything's possible
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bluestreak
^ like he said, anything can get stolen, think about it, once you've worked on your car you know how easy / hard it is to do something and you're that much quicker w/ it. Straight wheels would be one solution to deter, but anything's possible

yes i know anything can get stolen...but its almost unheard of lol. havent heard anyone on here complain about their kit getting stolen.

Last edited by tuan25000; 02-03-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

nah, me either but it's crossed my mind
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

they'd prob just steal your entire car
Old 02-03-2006
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
possible way to locate it if stolen: before hand, write down a number on the inside of each piece, and record that with any paperwork (sales slip) for it. write it on heac section (front, back, sides) and take pictures.

since they're made for specific cars, and if you happen to notice another 7th gen that happened to have one a few days after yours is stolen, then ask them about it, ask to see how they mounted it, and locate the numper while checking out how they mounted it... if it's yours, report it to the cops!
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
Originally Posted by civic4dizoor
I guess if u have ur wheels str8 it makes it a LIL harder for them unscrewin the screws behind the wheel wellfor the Front lip . its just as easy to steal as it was puttin it on.

Yeah,

With a bit of time, they can remove the wheels, take both the body kits and the wheels; and then rip off the spoiler just for fun.

Don't park in a such area.
Old 02-03-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
if you screw on the lip kit than of course it makes it easier to steal but if you rivet them on from the back and the botton it takes a little more effort to take those out than screws so it'll be harder to take without damaging it
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
i had kaminari kit stolen from my 2005 civic last week, just got it like 2 weeks ago too!

i had dis shop do da installation for me.
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
Just follow this philosophy......."If you can put it on...it can be taken off"...
Old 02-03-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
/\ exactly.....just like computer hackers, if its made by humans, then humans will be able to crack it. Nothing is impossible.
Old 02-03-2006
myspace.com/misterwarren =]

Xplocv2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
mold the lip kit right into the bumper
Old 02-03-2006

yea then neither you or the robber can get it off.
Old 02-03-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
yes a kit can always get taken off, you can put on a good alarm and have a god eye or a garage to protect it a lttle more
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tuner04civic
yes a kit can always get taken off, you can put on a good alarm and have a god eye or a garage to protect it a lttle more

what would an alarm do? lol. since all u need to do is unscrew it to remove the kit... the alarm would only detect strong force to the car.
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tuan25000
what would an alarm do? lol. since all u need to do is unscrew it to remove the kit... the alarm would only detect strong force to the car.
unless u got proximity
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tuan25000
not if you get one of those perimeter add on things for an alarm....it will go off if someone gets too close to the car...and you can adjust the perimeter from like 6 inches to like 5 feet from the car....
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TurismoDreamin
not if you get one of those perimeter add on things for an alarm....it will go off if someone gets too close to the car...and you can adjust the perimeter from like 6 inches to like 5 feet from the car....
i heard those things are annoying like it goes off when birds go by lol. would a tilt sensor work? if the car is lowered...then doesnt it require lifting to remove the kit?
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

teg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trusted
dude if they have enough ***** to sit there and unscrew you lip kit, then they probably have enough ***** just to steal the entire car. I would doubt anyone would "steal a lip kit"
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by teg91ls
dude if they have enough ***** to sit there and unscrew you lip kit, then they probably have enough ***** just to steal the entire car. I would doubt anyone would "steal a lip kit"
haha true....but isnt it hard to steal a 7th gen considering it has the "immobilizer"? lol
Old 02-03-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
you forgot many pro car theives use tow trucks too...cuz if they're gonna steal ur car they're gonna steal your car...they usually plan it out for over a long period of time than bam they get u when u least expect it
Old 02-03-2006
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
i met a 7thgen'er at a 7thgen meet in chicago that had someone almost rip entire kit off. he posts on here to i dont recall his name, but he said he came out of class and half of his front end was already off.
Old 02-03-2006
This is not my batman glass!!

saugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trusted
where in hamilton do you live.. is it main st.. huh is it main st.. huh main st.. its main st isnt it
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

teg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trusted
im not an engineer, so i dont know how effective the immobilizer is, but i will say this, if i was going to tow a car (and put myself at risk for grand theft auto), it would not be a civic lol
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
^^That's just you, it doesnt apply to everyone. And if they were gonna steal any car, that would be grand theft auto anyways.
Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

civic' s parts are probably worth one of the most, I mean look at the market, ebay could sell that **** qick
Old 02-04-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
I have one way security screws on my kit. It's not going anywhere =)

Weird site to find a good pic/description of it but you get the idea.

http://myword.info/sendword.php?ow_drive_1

You can get them at home depot. They are designed to pop off the screwdriver if a thief tries to unscrew them.

The one thing is that you have to be sure that's the kit you want because it's a bitch and a half to take them off. You'd probably have to saw the head off.

Quick Reply: Can A Lip Kit Get Stolen?