Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Can A Lip Kit Get Stolen? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/245654-can-lip-kit-get-stolen.html)

tuan25000 02-03-2006 10:38 AM

Can A Lip Kit Get Stolen?

hey guys, im asking this because im gettin a kamanari lip kit very soon, next week actually. I would like to if anyone has ever had their lip kit stolen? has anyone heard of lip kits gettin' stolen? because i haven't so far. If so, what are ways of preventing it from getting taken off? also, i park my car on the street so im worried something might happen to it = (

thanks alot u guys, i learn something new here everyday.

civic4dizoor 02-03-2006 10:42 AM

I guess if u have ur wheels str8 it makes it a LIL harder for them unscrewin the screws behind the wheel wellfor the Front lip . its just as easy to steal as it was puttin it on.

drew22mader 02-03-2006 10:44 AM

Well almost anything can be stolen, and yes a lip kit can. If you think about it, the only thing that is holding them on is screws and 3m tape. Should be too hard to take it off in about 5 min for a person knowing what they are doing. I have the Kaminari Sides and Rear with Type B front and haven't had it stolen yet, i've never really heard anyone getting one stolen.

4_door_fury 02-03-2006 10:47 AM

ive hrd of someones stock lip being stolen from a l8r gen civic. . not like it matters. BUT yes its possible but very unlikely.. i wudnt worry if i was you.. if your that worried invest in a alarm system..

bluestreak 02-03-2006 10:48 AM

^ like he said, anything can get stolen, think about it, once you've worked on your car you know how easy / hard it is to do something and you're that much quicker w/ it. Straight wheels would be one solution to deter, but anything's possible

tuan25000 02-03-2006 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by bluestreak
^ like he said, anything can get stolen, think about it, once you've worked on your car you know how easy / hard it is to do something and you're that much quicker w/ it. Straight wheels would be one solution to deter, but anything's possible

yes i know anything can get stolen...but its almost unheard of lol. havent heard anyone on here complain about their kit getting stolen.

bluestreak 02-03-2006 11:10 AM

nah, me either but it's crossed my mind

bluestreak 02-03-2006 11:10 AM

they'd prob just steal your entire car

manahoonie 02-03-2006 11:44 AM

possible way to locate it if stolen: before hand, write down a number on the inside of each piece, and record that with any paperwork (sales slip) for it. write it on heac section (front, back, sides) and take pictures.

since they're made for specific cars, and if you happen to notice another 7th gen that happened to have one a few days after yours is stolen, then ask them about it, ask to see how they mounted it, and locate the numper while checking out how they mounted it... if it's yours, report it to the cops! :)

orion_squall 02-03-2006 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by civic4dizoor
I guess if u have ur wheels str8 it makes it a LIL harder for them unscrewin the screws behind the wheel wellfor the Front lip . its just as easy to steal as it was puttin it on.

Yeah,

With a bit of time, they can remove the wheels, take both the body kits and the wheels; and then rip off the spoiler just for fun.

Don't park in a such area.

ragingSPAM 02-03-2006 12:18 PM

if you screw on the lip kit than of course it makes it easier to steal but if you rivet them on from the back and the botton it takes a little more effort to take those out than screws so it'll be harder to take without damaging it

vacivic2005 02-03-2006 12:20 PM

i had kaminari kit stolen from my 2005 civic last week, just got it like 2 weeks ago too!

i had dis shop do da installation for me.

TurismoDreamin 02-03-2006 01:07 PM

Just follow this philosophy......."If you can put it on...it can be taken off"...

drew22mader 02-03-2006 01:22 PM

/\ exactly.....just like computer hackers, if its made by humans, then humans will be able to crack it. Nothing is impossible.

Xplocv2k1 02-03-2006 01:33 PM

mold the lip kit right into the bumper :roflmao:

drew22mader 02-03-2006 01:35 PM

yea then neither you or the robber can get it off.

tuner04civic 02-03-2006 02:17 PM

yes a kit can always get taken off, you can put on a good alarm and have a god eye or a garage to protect it a lttle more

tuan25000 02-03-2006 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by tuner04civic
yes a kit can always get taken off, you can put on a good alarm and have a god eye or a garage to protect it a lttle more

what would an alarm do? lol. since all u need to do is unscrew it to remove the kit... the alarm would only detect strong force to the car.

vacivic2005 02-03-2006 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by tuan25000
what would an alarm do? lol. since all u need to do is unscrew it to remove the kit... the alarm would only detect strong force to the car.

unless u got proximity

TurismoDreamin 02-03-2006 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by tuan25000

not if you get one of those perimeter add on things for an alarm....it will go off if someone gets too close to the car...and you can adjust the perimeter from like 6 inches to like 5 feet from the car....

tuan25000 02-03-2006 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by TurismoDreamin
not if you get one of those perimeter add on things for an alarm....it will go off if someone gets too close to the car...and you can adjust the perimeter from like 6 inches to like 5 feet from the car....

i heard those things are annoying like it goes off when birds go by lol. would a tilt sensor work? if the car is lowered...then doesnt it require lifting to remove the kit?

teg91ls 02-03-2006 02:59 PM

dude if they have enough balls to sit there and unscrew you lip kit, then they probably have enough balls just to steal the entire car. I would doubt anyone would "steal a lip kit"

tuan25000 02-03-2006 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by teg91ls
dude if they have enough balls to sit there and unscrew you lip kit, then they probably have enough balls just to steal the entire car. I would doubt anyone would "steal a lip kit"

haha true....but isnt it hard to steal a 7th gen considering it has the "immobilizer"? lol

ragingSPAM 02-03-2006 03:45 PM

you forgot many pro car theives use tow trucks too...cuz if they're gonna steal ur car they're gonna steal your car...they usually plan it out for over a long period of time than bam they get u when u least expect it

Nitto 02-03-2006 03:50 PM

i met a 7thgen'er at a 7thgen meet in chicago that had someone almost rip entire kit off. he posts on here to i dont recall his name, but he said he came out of class and half of his front end was already off.

saugashan 02-03-2006 04:01 PM

where in hamilton do you live.. is it main st.. huh is it main st.. huh main st.. its main st isnt it

teg91ls 02-03-2006 04:06 PM

im not an engineer, so i dont know how effective the immobilizer is, but i will say this, if i was going to tow a car (and put myself at risk for grand theft auto), it would not be a civic lol

DDragon7 02-03-2006 04:54 PM

^^That's just you, it doesnt apply to everyone. And if they were gonna steal any car, that would be grand theft auto anyways.

bluestreak 02-04-2006 03:43 PM

civic' s parts are probably worth one of the most, I mean look at the market, ebay could sell that shit qick

armieo 02-04-2006 04:15 PM

I have one way security screws on my kit. It's not going anywhere =)

Weird site to find a good pic/description of it but you get the idea.

http://myword.info/sendword.php?ow_drive_1

You can get them at home depot. They are designed to pop off the screwdriver if a thief tries to unscrew them.

The one thing is that you have to be sure that's the kit you want because it's a bitch and a half to take them off. You'd probably have to saw the head off.