to drop or not to drop? - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2005   #31  
It's Nice To Be Important, But It's More Important To Be Nice.

Fiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really nice
i was always told get shocks AND springs or coilovers (wish I had gone with the coilovers)

i wouldnt risk doing the work of installing the springs (or having to pay someone to do it) and then have your shocks blow soon after

im on koni yellows and h&r sport springs and although my handling is amazing with the drop, i wish i went with different shocks, they are a bumpier ride than i would like

i had my body kit put on before i dropped it because i was waiting on rims, and when i look at the pictures of it w/out the drop they look like i'm about to go 4-wheelin' lol

oh and infinate - .......................................

i feel your pain!
Fiji_Blue_EM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005   #32  
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiji_Blue_EM2
i was always told get shocks AND springs or coilovers (wish I had gone with the coilovers)

i wouldnt risk doing the work of installing the springs (or having to pay someone to do it) and then have your shocks blow soon after

im on koni yellows and h&r sport springs and although my handling is amazing with the drop, i wish i went with different shocks, they are a bumpier ride than i would like

i had my body kit put on before i dropped it because i was waiting on rims, and when i look at the pictures of it w/out the drop they look like i'm about to go 4-wheelin' lol

i feel your pain!
lol thanks. i don't think the OP understood what i meant by "you missed a few ..................'s"
dirtySAMURAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #33  
Registered!!

depotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura about
wow.....thats a lot of ish.........to think about. Well i will drop first....cuz even if i dont get a lip kit it will look low profile.....then also its cheaper. So i will look around at prices and most likley get coilcovers and and springs........i guess stay stock shocks....unless some one says ......im stupid for doin dat..........i will see....and when i get THAT i will post pics......oh yeah..........i just got a SRI......woohoo.....
depotcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #34  
I log in from time to time

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
.......... .......... ............ ............ ........... .......... ........... ............

need more?

.......... .......... ............ ............ ........... .......... ........... ............

haha

coilovers and springs? that's not a good idea, unless you're talking about getting coilovers (which come with springs and shocks). read up in the suspension forum. there is MUCHO informacion in there.
dirtySAMURAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #35  
Registered!!

2000CivicSIR is an unknown quantity at this point
first mod everyone should do is a drop
2000CivicSIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #36  
Banned

01redJDM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiji_Blue_EM2

i feel your pain!
Koni Yellows aren't good?? I'm thinkin of getting those shocks cus I heard they're the best ones out.
01redJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #37  
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
b&g... 3.25" drop on my car.
slicksivik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #38  
There is [email protected] in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Slicksivik, thats a huge drop, I have Neuspeed Sports and i think its pretty low, couldn't imaging going 3.25" on a car.

But Depotcivic, definatly drop that thing, makes the car look 100% better!
drew22mader is offline   Reply With Quote