Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

to drop or not to drop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005
It's Nice To Be Important, But It's More Important To Be Nice.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really nice
i was always told get shocks AND springs or coilovers (wish I had gone with the coilovers)

i wouldnt risk doing the work of installing the springs (or having to pay someone to do it) and then have your shocks blow soon after

im on koni yellows and h&r sport springs and although my handling is amazing with the drop, i wish i went with different shocks, they are a bumpier ride than i would like

i had my body kit put on before i dropped it because i was waiting on rims, and when i look at the pictures of it w/out the drop they look like i'm about to go 4-wheelin' lol

oh and infinate - .......................................

i feel your pain!
Old 07-30-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Fiji_Blue_EM2
i was always told get shocks AND springs or coilovers (wish I had gone with the coilovers)

i wouldnt risk doing the work of installing the springs (or having to pay someone to do it) and then have your shocks blow soon after

im on koni yellows and h&r sport springs and although my handling is amazing with the drop, i wish i went with different shocks, they are a bumpier ride than i would like

i had my body kit put on before i dropped it because i was waiting on rims, and when i look at the pictures of it w/out the drop they look like i'm about to go 4-wheelin' lol

i feel your pain!
lol thanks. i don't think the OP understood what i meant by "you missed a few ..................'s"
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

depotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura about
wow.....thats a lot of ish.........to think about. Well i will drop first....cuz even if i dont get a lip kit it will look low profile.....then also its cheaper. So i will look around at prices and most likley get coilcovers and and springs........i guess stay stock shocks....unless some one says ......im stupid for doin dat..........i will see....and when i get THAT i will post pics......oh yeah..........i just got a SRI......woohoo.....
Old 08-01-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
.......... .......... ............ ............ ........... .......... ........... ............

need more?

.......... .......... ............ ............ ........... .......... ........... ............

haha

coilovers and springs? that's not a good idea, unless you're talking about getting coilovers (which come with springs and shocks). read up in the suspension forum. there is MUCHO informacion in there.
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

2000CivicSIR is an unknown quantity at this point
first mod everyone should do is a drop
Old 08-01-2005
Banned

01redJDM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fiji_Blue_EM2

i feel your pain!
Koni Yellows aren't good?? I'm thinkin of getting those shocks cus I heard they're the best ones out.
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
b&g... 3.25" drop on my car.
Old 08-01-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Slicksivik, thats a huge drop, I have Neuspeed Sports and i think its pretty low, couldn't imaging going 3.25" on a car.

But Depotcivic, definatly drop that thing, makes the car look 100% better!