Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
Opinions...

Not sure where I wanna go with my car right now so I want some input from my fellow 7thgeners. Should I turbo (light boost 5psi), swap a k20a3, or trade for a year older base RSX? Now I don't race so I don't plan to have a HP monster or anything. I just want a faster and still reliable car. Turbo worries me since I can run into some problems. K20a3 swap would be nice but pricey. Trading for a base rsx would be a good option since I can do a straight trade although i'm unsure how my insurance would be effected. input?
Old 07-23-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Don't trade to base, save a little and trade to a type-s
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
insurance does play a factor too. that's why i ruled out the type s because i'm positive my insurance would be insane.
Old 07-23-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I guess your right.. but man that would so be worth it Out of all those then I would say trade to a base honestly. Your insurance shouldent bump that much more up... but if your REAL concerneda bout insurance, then swap the a3 in =)
Old 07-23-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
... but if your REAL concerneda bout insurance, then swap the a3 in =)
Exactly...same insurance payment faster car!!!!
Old 07-23-2005
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
trade in, swap, turbo
in that order.
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EnProceso
trade in, swap, turbo
in that order.

my thoughts exactly
Old 07-23-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
get a miata but i'm biased
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
wait a couple months and get the new civic or the new SI, im sure the new civic will be a little faster than the current one. RSX is dead REAL soon!
Old 07-23-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
type s would be on my list, but get the base if you have to. dont swap unless your car is paid off or will be soon
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say trade in, but if your interested in doing the swap, I have a k20a3 swap w/6 speed transmission, and I'll help you out as much as I can to complete your swap.
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
swap it
Old 07-24-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by EM2typeflex
I'd say trade in, but if your interested in doing the swap, I have a k20a3 swap w/6 speed transmission, and I'll help you out as much as I can to complete your swap.
what did your swap price out to?
Old 07-24-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
When i get to work monday, ill try to check and see what the difference in insurance rating is between a Civic and a type-s.
Old 07-24-2005
Registered!!

that'd be cool