Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Just bought a 2001 Civic LX need assistance.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005
What happened to this forum?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shadowsonic
What do you guys recommend for a 17' gunmetal or black w/ silver lip?
Seems as though everyone is going for this look now. Just search or look through the forums.

Link to Rim Gallery

Rim Manufacturers and Stores
Old 03-22-2005
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
Why this thread is still open, i don't know. All of these questions have been answered hundreds of times.

why it hasn't been moved to Member's Rides talk, i also don't know.

Honestly though, you could have found 95% of your questions answered if you searched.
Old 03-22-2005
video game guru

shadowsonic will become famous soon enoughshadowsonic will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by silv3rciv
There are tons of places to order from. Here's a sale on lip kits Lip kit sale
To bad most of the applications for lips on this site is for 4 door sedans only wheres the coupe love
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Mischieflts is an unknown quantity at this point
lol. LETS MAKE THE CAR LOOK FASTER THAN IT ACTUALLY IS!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2005
video game guru

shadowsonic will become famous soon enoughshadowsonic will become famous soon enough
I don't need it to go fast, just look nice yet at the same time still keeping its original form.
Old 03-22-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
lol ANY lip that fits a sedan will fit a coupe front and sides. any front is interchangable. most rear lips (all but 1 if not all) fit both. and as long as side skirts are straight they fit both. the sedan and coupe have the same lengths and general shapes for lip kits.
Old 03-22-2005
video game guru

Strange i was told differently.
Old 03-22-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
you were told incorrectly.
Old 03-22-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
headlights: stay with stock unless you want to do a retrofit to some aftermarket projector headlights. installing them is easy. getting the parts is time consuming.

rims: get whatever the funk you want. it shouldn't matter what we think.

bolt pattern: 4x100

body kit: ebay, ******. ebay and google are both your best friends.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
Sides will fit sedan and coupe only difference in MOST is the design to compensate for the rear doors on a sedan
Old 03-22-2005

sorry if i sound like an ***.
Old 03-23-2005
video game guru

Originally Posted by PennyKnotOff
Sides will fit sedan and coupe only difference in MOST is the design to compensate for the rear doors on a sedan
Side so the same goes for rear valances?
Old 03-23-2005
video game guru

I don't mind ebay but for other things when it comes to car parts, i always get bad luck cause they have poor fitment and such.

anyone have the same issue?
Old 03-23-2005

full body kits on ebay (i.e. full bumper replacement) will have poor fitment and low quality. they are usually the manufacturers rejects, thus the low price. just go for the lip kits and you should be fine. anything aftermarket wont fit 100% anyways.
Old 03-23-2005
video game guru

Well i only want lips anyhow so from a reputable place is better than ebay no?
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Kingkung is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone happen to know the weight of the HFP 16" rims without tires?
Old 03-23-2005
video game guru

heres a wheel im tempted to buy what do you guys think
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by shadowsonic
This is probably the most economical car i've ever had, so i don't see the point of modding a 1.7L.

But i will mod the outside a bit, but need you guys to help out on where i can find these parts cheap used is ok as long as it works.

Projector Headlights

OEM kit

Rims what is the offset this car is safe with and im only going w/ 17's

Drop what do you guys think of eibach sportlines? where can i get them in stock?
you can find the projectors and oem kit pretty much anywhere. search around the site a bit (some might have given you links in here...i didnt look at them). try tornactive.com, that guy used to be a member here. from what ive heard hes cool and good to deal with. not sure though. check out the sponsored vendors on the site, im sure they will have what you are looking for.

for offset, i think 45 is recommended. i would get lightweight 16's instead of 17's. even "light" 17s will most likely weigh the same as stock, but they will still be slower from a stop than stock because all the mass is farther to the outside of the rim on 17s. plus ive found that although theyre not too bad, 17's are still pretty harsh on the ride, especially if youre lowered, because of the low profile tires. with 16s you wont have that hard a ride. i had a 2001 lx sedan, and my CD skipped like a mother with 17s and a drop.

for the drop, sportlines are good. eibach is a good brand. if you have a sedan, go w/ either goldlines or neuspeed. they make sedan specific springs. if you have a coupe go with neuspeed, goldline, H&R, eighbach, tanabe...those are all good brands. you can find reviews for all of those on the site. you can find springs at wholesalehyperformance.com, machiii.net, neuspeed.com, nopi store (forgot the site name), a bunch of places...check out the sponsored vendors.
Old 03-23-2005
video game guru

Choice one in silver or
$859 w/ tires

1 or 2 ?
Old 03-25-2005
Registered!!

Sir5950 is an unknown quantity at this point
I use Enkei RP03 17' rim PCB: 4x 100 offset 42 . Yokohama V550 Tire 205/45/R17. Important is that the new rim must be lighter than stock so no power loss.

I using TYC projector headlight, it look great with black backing.

I get Civic type R (EP3) stock shock for replacement, it is much much better than civic stock shock, the handling improve so much. You get plugn play, no mod required.
Old 03-25-2005
video game guru

Sir- my wheel set up that i want is sovereign sr77 215/45/R17 w/ neuspeed sports