Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

01 to 03 cluster conversion - link to pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
01 to 03 cluster conversion - link to pictures!

i'm undertaking the cluster swap right now and i must warn you, the instructions (or lack thereof) are confusing. you have to swap some of the pins from the blue connector over to the green connector and vice versa! blah. so far, i have re-pinned the blue connector (less than 30 minutes for that because i had to figure out how to get the pins out...more on that later) and now on to the green connector and re-routing the wires.

pictures are coming soon! expect the best.

oh yeah, current mileage is 40919 (i think..i'll make sure later). i have to find out what the mileage on the new cluster is once i plug it in.

one BIG MISTAKE that i made was not disconnecting the negative battery terminal. MAKE SURE IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO THIS TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY!!! i have blown 2 fuses already.

EDIT: Here's the link to pictures: CLICKY!!!!!!

EDIT AGAIN!!!!! (August 4, 2005)
Here is a more comprehensive breakdown of which wire needs to go where:
You need Microsoft EXCEL to view this document

Last edited by infinite012; 11-29-2005 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
what cluster?
Old 02-20-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
01 sedan cluster to 03 sedan cluster.
Old 02-20-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
oh crap dude. VERY bad irreversible things could happen with the battery plugged in. I hope you didn't damage anything. I know the gauge cluster isn't fuse protected and the illum wire could short it out completely. I hope it still works.
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

skarteez is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah hope everthing works out! btw, how DO you get the pins out? do yo ujust... pull? haha
Old 02-20-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Im saving tjis page cuz another member on here is doing the same thing ..
His name is Player
Old 02-20-2005

FINISHED! WOOT!!! omg these gauges are the ****! i dont know how i lived without them.

gearbox: thanks for the concern! thankfully nothing was shorted (or at least nothing that i can see)

skarteez: you have to stick a very thin flat heat screw driver through the holes on the connectors and push the wires out. you'll see 2 holes per wire - just stick the flathead through the hole that is closest to the edge of the connector and push.

viper: my pics should help in the process. should being the keyword.
Old 02-20-2005

oh yeah...the mileage on the new cluster is 24300, effectively cutting my mileage down by 16612 miles.

i have to get a reflash.
Old 02-20-2005

update on first post ya *******.
Old 02-20-2005
Premium Member

icedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really nice
nicely done...i need to save this for when i do mine.

hey, i just noticed youre in herndon. not too far from me in case i have questions lol
Old 02-20-2005

if you need help feel free to stop by (that is, if your car is still working when you're doing this).
Old 02-20-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice... i can follow that when i do mine
Old 02-20-2005
Premium Member

icedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really nice
haha, thanks...yea, with my luck, that "if" would be a "definitely" not working.
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

fixeruper is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like a good job, im lucky mine came with the car
Old 02-20-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i posted the number for 'gauge works' in a FAQ i did a long time ago..they are located in MD and wanted $150 to flash my cluster...Ourisman doesn't do it, but i never called hersons, you might want to call them.
Old 02-20-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
nice job! Looks awesome!
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

cargeek68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by infinite012
oh yeah...the mileage on the new cluster is 24300, effectively cutting my mileage down by 16612 miles.

i have to get a reflash.
i suppose that means getting back your old mileage. how do they do it man?

my cluster before and after i did the swap. thanks to gearbox for the pinouts. broken my pins, though. those pesky pins are really troublesome to pull out. i also ruin my connectors.

Old 02-20-2005

yeah i couldnt, for the life of me, figure out how to get the wires out of the blue/green connectors, but then i thought to myself, "how did all those other wires come out of their connectors? (referring to my retrofit) why not stick a really small screw driver somewhere and keep poking and prying at **** until it falls out? BRILLIANT!!!"

so that's how i ended up buying a new civic...
hahaha i mean...retrofitting a new cluster into the old civic.
Old 02-20-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Sticky that **** up MODS its a keeper for sure
Great work dude ........

PM Player please he is all fawked up about doing it
thanks dude
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
props man...props. but i didnt know you had an auto
Old 02-21-2005
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
do the highbeam and seatbelt warning lights stay on?!
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

cosmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BIG
do the highbeam and seatbelt warning lights stay on?!
Cause he's in park, not wearing a seatbelt, with the high beams and e-brake on..
Old 02-21-2005

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
Oh man, if i only saw this like a few days ago. I CUT ALL MY WIRES. and tried reconnecting them in the right order, lets just say it got sooo messsyy and out of hand, that after 6 hours when i finished it didnt work. So i Re-taped all the wires back the way they where, replaced 3 fuses that i burnt, and put the original cluster back on.

So those wires do come out, damn that gonna be so much easier now, no need to cut. i will attempt this tomorrow for sure. thanks man.
Old 02-21-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
WOW!!! I give u props!!! Can u take pics wit all the warning lights on when u put the key on the ON position?
Old 02-21-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
ok so wait... all i have to do is disconnect and then reconnect as seen on the chart?? same harness??
Old 02-21-2005

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dru106
ok so wait... all i have to do is disconnect and then reconnect as seen on the chart?? same harness??
that is correct
Old 02-21-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Great DIY infinite012! Might do this in the future..

Rep for you!

edit: dang, wont let me give u any
Old 02-21-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

so everything works i assume.... I know like when ur parking lights are off when u open the door the gauges are suppose to glow. Does it still do that? or do u have to turn on ur parking lights in order for em to work??
Old 02-21-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

Oh yea, what does VP stand for on the chart? Sorry for all the questions but i really wanna do this............
Old 02-21-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
VP is for the older cluster like 01-02 civics. Even the new vp doesn't come with the good cluster.

Quick Reply: 01 to 03 cluster conversion - link to pictures!