Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

01 to 03 cluster conversion - link to pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted
Infinite, have you encountered any problems since youve done the swap? All lights, gauages, needles, etc working still?
Old 03-05-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
everything works fine. even the fuel empty sign works when needed.
Old 03-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neptune is an unknown quantity at this point
do you guys like these gagues better than soem of the aftermarket reverse indiglows?
Old 03-05-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
yes. definitely better than reverse indiglo gauges unless you get the s7 gauges.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the rough
how much different is the process for a 5speed coupe? (01)
Old 03-23-2005

Mishkautkin is an unknown quantity at this point
where can i buy the 03 cluster? i want the canadian too so it is in kmph. :-)
Old 03-24-2005

look in the for sale/trade section, mish.

thefivespeeder: it's not different at all. i don't understand why so many people are having such difficulties installing these gauges...
Old 03-24-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
looks hot but i'm leary on doing that work on my own .. LOL may blow up my vic
Old 03-24-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Man its really easy to do.....unplug battery Neg and positive undo cluster take green plug and take pins out then reinsert with diagram at the right place same with blue the replug harness and battery and voila done....
Old 03-24-2005

but then all you canadians have problems with the srs light and extra plugs and what not
Old 03-31-2005
<---- I am really this short in person!

fullgrown is an unknown quantity at this point
woot woot!!! just changed my cluster from '02 to '03. looks awsome. 1 down, million more mods to go
Old 03-31-2005
<---- I am really this short in person!

fullgrown is an unknown quantity at this point
there was one wire that i didn't know about. the white/red wire i think. it was suppose to be green/black, but there was no wire for the '02. so i just hooked the white/red one to that slot and it works fine. at first it had a burning smell, but it's all good in the neighborhood.
Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

a6x86 is an unknown quantity at this point
do u have to pin out for what pin is for what?
Old 05-02-2005

nope, sorry
Old 07-06-2005
Registered!!

cj2185 is an unknown quantity at this point
do 04 cluster work with 02 cluster
Old 07-06-2005
Registered!!

owens76 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are asking if an 02 cluster could be put in a 04 car, or if an 04 cluster could be put in an 02 car, the answer is yes it is possible. In order to do it you have to switch some of the wires in your wiring harness. LINK http://temp.dirtysamurai.com/gauge/convert.html
Old 07-06-2005
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Here's a word of advice for the people that are doing the 03+ swap into an 01-02 EX.

One of the wires will be too short. It's the yellow/black wire out of the green connector. This wire has to be extended to reach into the blue connector. You need this wire. It's for the gas gauge. Found that one out the hard way.

You'll have an extra wire left over, a long white/red one. What I did was snip the white/red one and cap it off, since it's 12v. Then, I just snipped off the end of the yellow/black and butt connected the piece of white/red that I cut off. Everything seems to be working perfectly fine for me. I've had the cluster in for about 1000 miles now and no problems. I'm glad I had to do this switch.
Old 07-06-2005
Registered!!

How do you get the wires pulled, it's hard?
Old 07-06-2005
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cj2185
How do you get the wires pulled, it's hard?
Not really. It's pretty easy.

There's two little "tabs" on each side of the connector. You have to remember to undo those first, or else the wires won't come out.

Then I just used one of the bigger paper clips to push the wires out. Just bent it straight and pushed a little bit and the wires poped right out of the connector. Easy enough. Then you just pop them back in. Really simple.
Old 07-06-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
prolly just pliars.
Old 07-06-2005
Registered!!

thanks taz, i might do it today
Old 07-06-2005

i used a small screw driver, but whatever works, works...
Old 07-06-2005
Since 2002 Baby!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
got mine done, but can't find dig. camera to take night shots and day ones. Update soon.
Old 07-06-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by taz757
Not really. It's pretty easy.

There's two little "tabs" on each side of the connector. You have to remember to undo those first, or else the wires won't come out.

Then I just used one of the bigger paper clips to push the wires out. Just bent it straight and pushed a little bit and the wires poped right out of the connector. Easy enough. Then you just pop them back in. Really simple.
EXACTLY
the paper clip slides in, you here a little 'click' and the wire practically falls out. it takes not even 5min to take out all the wires using this method. its so easy, i did chicohondas (shawn) in the dark.
Old 07-06-2005
Since 2002 Baby!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
EXACTLY
the paper clip slides in, you here a little 'click' and the wire practically falls out. it takes not even 5min to take out all the wires using this method. its so easy, i did chicohondas (shawn) in the dark.

Yup!
Old 07-06-2005
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
that looks pretty sweet. if i can find a 03-04 cluster, i'll do it.

about the milage, couldnt you technically switch gauge clusters, put tons of miles on it and then switch back and still have your same miles that were on your original gauges? cuz that could really help my resale value in the future.........lol j/k.
Old 07-07-2005
People Eating Tasty Animals PETA

Gangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to all
Originally Posted by EnProceso
that looks pretty sweet. if i can find a 03-04 cluster, i'll do it.

about the milage, couldnt you technically switch gauge clusters, put tons of miles on it and then switch back and still have your same miles that were on your original gauges? cuz that could really help my resale value in the future.........lol j/k.
ha ha that is what I was thinking but when you get your car inspected they take down the mileage.. say you had 40k and went back the next year w/ 20k it catches it. So I've been told it can go on that carfax report. My friend has a tacoma that has almost 200k on it but the gauge cluster says 48k.
Old 08-03-2005
Registered!!

lilbit_trojan is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 01 DX,, i hate the no tach gauges but its the car my parents got me.. can i change my 01 dx gauges with an 03 lx?? I know i would have to install the tach but wouldnt it be the same as installing an aftermarket tach???
Old 08-03-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by lilbit_trojan
I have a 01 DX,, i hate the no tach gauges but its the car my parents got me.. can i change my 01 dx gauges with an 03 lx?? I know i would have to install the tach but wouldnt it be the same as installing an aftermarket tach???
if you get a 2003 ex you will have a tach. i installed 2003 guages in my friends car (he didn't have a tach before) and the 2003 gauge's tach worked after the conversion.
Old 08-03-2005
Registered!!

lilbit_trojan is an unknown quantity at this point
will there be existing wires to hook up to the tach even though i dont have one now??

Quick Reply: 01 to 03 cluster conversion - link to pictures!