Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

01 to 03 cluster conversion - link to pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gearbox
nope nobody posted anything for sale here

anyway, hey i've been hearing that the new clusters stay on even tho the parking lights are off. is there a way to change that?
They come on constantly, otherwise you can't see the numbers at all. They're translucent.
Old 08-10-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
does the dimmer switch work separately for night and day mode? (meaning idfferent settings for when parking lights are on/off?)
Old 08-10-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
WTF!!!!! I DO NOT have a green/black wire to go in the blue plug at all!!! What do I do???

car is 2k2 EX sedan auto with ABS, NO side airbag (maybe why?)
Old 08-10-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
does the dimmer switch work separately for night and day mode? (meaning idfferent settings for when parking lights are on/off?)
yes, there are two different brightness' you can have for headlights on and off.
Old 08-10-2005

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
WTF!!!!! I DO NOT have a green/black wire to go in the blue plug at all!!! What do I do???

car is 2k2 EX sedan auto with ABS, NO side airbag (maybe why?)
see if it works anyways. i think almost every car has different wires left over after the install.
Old 08-10-2005
Premium Member

yes it worked anyway I think

looks sweet. I have full brightness for day time and one notch down for night. Now the dash lights I did look too red, so I might go out to find some colored plastic sheets and redo em.
Old 08-10-2005
Premium Member

Thanks TAZ! Your hints kept me from getting stuck. So does anyone know what that extra wire is for that we don't use? I still wanna know why I don't have that green/black wire. Hopefully its not something important.
Old 08-10-2005
Premium Member

OMG guys there is something about the 03 cluster I can't stand!! When you shift into drive, there is a GREEN dot! Ahhh how can I turn it off or make it red without opening the cluster????????????????????????????
Old 08-10-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
OMG guys there is something about the 03 cluster I can't stand!! When you shift into drive, there is a GREEN dot! Ahhh how can I turn it off or make it red without opening the cluster????????????????????????????
Are you being serious?? Its that annoying to you??
Old 08-10-2005

smash the cluster with a hammer. if you're lucky, the green light will fall out.
Old 08-10-2005
Premium Member

haha yea the smallest things bother me. I guess I'll live with it but imo it looks cleaner without the green.
Old 08-11-2005
Premium Member

woohoo problem solved! I cut out a small circle of e-tape using a hole punch and stuck it over the green dot. Hehe.
Old 08-11-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
woohoo problem solved! I cut out a small circle of e-tape using a hole punch and stuck it over the green dot. Hehe.
Old 08-11-2005
Premium Member

it looks sooo much cleaner without green. lol!
Old 08-19-2005
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
finally got around to doing mine. couple things i noted was 1 of the color wires was missing from my plugs, i forget which color, i also had 1 left over wire from i believe the green harness. i left it out and everything works/lights up so i dont know what it went to, lol. and the mystery white/red wires, you wanna use the white/red from the green harness. and also the highbeam light comes on when i turn on my headlights but turns off when i turn on the highbeams, lol other than that, these gauges are way better than any aftermarket indiglos. plus mine had WAY less miles than the guy told me...only 1020 instead of 10,000+
Old 08-20-2005
Premium Member

haha nice. ya I had one wire that wasn't there and also an extra. everything seems okay? I need to test all the lights and stuff sometime.
Old 08-20-2005
Registered!!

cj2185 is an unknown quantity at this point
can any here that live by chicago help me do mine. for some reason i have a hard time. Ill pay em. i want that 03 cluster on my 02.
Old 08-20-2005
Premium Member

you have the cluster already? How far did you get that you're getting stuck? If we have another meet over there, I could drive up and help out.
Old 08-20-2005
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
Originally Posted by cj2185
can any here that live by chicago help me do mine. for some reason i have a hard time. Ill pay em. i want that 03 cluster on my 02.
its pretty easy once you figure out which wire goes where. hardest part for me was figuring out how to get the wires out, 1 day i spent almost an hour trying to get 1 wire out and i ended up tearing it up, then gearbox told me theres clips on each side of the plugs after i took those off it was a snap, lol.
Old 08-29-2005
Premium Member

hmm well I figured out the light that doesn't work. Its for the oil pressure. Can anyone else try and see if it comes on for them? It should appear when you turn the car to ON but not start it. Mine doesn't come on at all but the rest do.

Anyone have a honda electrical manual handy?
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

Supah_Judo is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good, good job man.
Old 08-29-2005
Premium Member

okay i might be onto something. I looked and its the same wire for oil pressure. So I need to look and see where that wire is going from old to new. I'll post back in an hour or so after I look at it more. I'm thinking there might be an error in the original diagram, or it could be the wire I was missing.
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

korn10 is an unknown quantity at this point
pretty nice job men
Old 08-29-2005
Premium Member

i don't get it. I found the oil pressure wire, and it was connected where it should be on the blue plug. It's wire yel/red in blue plug B4. Now what? Does it not come on like the rest of the lights? I thought it did with the old cluster.
Old 08-29-2005
Premium Member

someone with an 04 civic confirmed that the light is supposed to come on when the car is first started.
Old 09-11-2005
Registered!!

kryngle is an unknown quantity at this point
yea but now what about us Canadians dat got the SRS, Side Air Bags and DRL(Daytime Running lights)??? What are we 2 do bout those??? I got me a 2004 EX Auto Cluster and now stupid me forgot 2 ask if it has Side Airbags, SRS and DRL. What am i 2 do???
Old 09-11-2005
Premium Member

Well its only the light. If you have side airbag and no light for it on the cluster, then it won't light up. The airbag should still work, butyou just won't know if it has a problem (light won't come on later). Why didn't you look for a canadian cluster especially for the kph.
Old 09-11-2005
Registered!!

Im an idoit thats why and it is real hard 2 find these clusters here in Toronto. Im hearin there should be no problem but was real curious on the DRL, SRS, and the SIDE AIRBAGS. Im swappin it into my 2001 EL. Im jus prayin 2 G.O.D. dat it will work and it has the Side Airbags or if push comes to shove i'll jus order the Km/h and replace the MP/H. Should make a difference correct???
Old 09-11-2005
Premium Member

ya it should work fine. You just wont have the lights working. They're only warning lights those systems will still work. And you can always swap it with the same kph later. The newer clusters all have the same wiring.
Old 09-11-2005
Registered!!

Well Gear box i hope u right. If i swap my gauges to the KM/H and when they ask me if it has side airbags and its and auto, when i hook it up should my warning lights start 2 work? Cause i want all my warning lights 2 be workin without noooooo problems.

Quick Reply: 01 to 03 cluster conversion - link to pictures!