Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

01 to 03 cluster conversion - link to pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm you wouldent want to sell your 01 sedan cluster would you? =)
Old 02-21-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by isuzu5000
props man...props. but i didnt know you had an auto
thanks. it wasn't my choice to get an auto as this is my older sister's car. lol

Originally Posted by BIG
do the highbeam and seatbelt warning lights stay on?!
no. the highbeam light goes on when i turn my HIDs on (long story) and the seatbelt warning light turns off when i put my seatbelt on.

Originally Posted by player
Oh man, if i only saw this like a few days ago. I CUT ALL MY WIRES. and tried reconnecting them in the right order, lets just say it got sooo messsyy and out of hand, that after 6 hours when i finished it didnt work. So i Re-taped all the wires back the way they where, replaced 3 fuses that i burnt, and put the original cluster back on.

So those wires do come out, damn that gonna be so much easier now, no need to cut. i will attempt this tomorrow for sure. thanks man.
ouch. sorry to hear that. i was actually thinking about cutting the wires and soldering them back on, but then i figured out how to get the wires out.

good luck tomorrow (today?)
Old 02-21-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dru106
WOW!!! I give u props!!! Can u take pics wit all the warning lights on when u put the key on the ON position?
i...don't know how to do that.

so everything works i assume.... I know like when ur parking lights are off when u open the door the gauges are suppose to glow. Does it still do that? or do u have to turn on ur parking lights in order for em to work??
i'll try it out and reply to the thread. for all i know, the gauges turn on when the engine is on - not necessary to turn on parking lights to turn the gauges on because it is constantly on.

Oh yea, what does VP stand for on the chart? Sorry for all the questions but i really wanna do this............
VP is value package. they use the same wiring and cluster as the 01-03 DX (no tach), but they can plug in a 01-02 cluster with a tach without any modification. therefore, 01 users may use the 04 VP wiring chart to rewire their...wires.

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Hmm you wouldent want to sell your 01 sedan cluster would you? =)
depends on how much i can get.
Old 02-21-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Haha I'm a poor man, mabeh 100 shipped? =)
Old 02-21-2005

we'll see. PM me and we'll work something out.
Old 02-22-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
So i assume that the LX is the same correct? cuz i have an LX
Old 02-22-2005

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
WOOOOOO HOOOOOO

I finally did it, i am so proud of myself, i finished this today and it workes perfectly, everything is perfect I LOVE IT

Before

After

The Millege actually went up, but no biggy, who cares.

if anyone has a question om me
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

cargeek68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Haha I'm a poor man, mabeh 100 shipped? =)
i have one up for sale. head on to the "for sale/trade" section. starting bid is $60 shipped. and yea, its JDM. sorry. all bids will be made public in that forum. no private bids so the other guys would also have a chance to get it. thanks.
Old 02-22-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by infinite012

VP is value package. they use the same wiring and cluster as the 01-03 DX (no tach), but they can plug in a 01-02 cluster with a tach without any modification. therefore, 01 users may use the 04 VP wiring chart to rewire their...wires.
Ok, since I have an 04 vp, what clusters (good ones, with tach) will plug straight in, no mod style? I thought I knew the answer, but now I'm just confused.
Old 02-23-2005

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
The 2002 2001 Clusters will plug right in. Any Cluster that has the White look (Like my old one) or the black with orange lights will plug right in.

i check my old cluster, which is a 2002 LX sedan, and it was identical to the VP
Old 02-23-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Sweet, time to look for one with more miles than mine on it now. Thanks. I was thinking I needed an 03-05 cluster with more miles than mine (about 25k), and that would be hard to find. I'm gonna match up the milage thats why. All I need is a tach.
Old 02-23-2005
Registered!!

owens76 is an unknown quantity at this point
For anyone who is interested in doing this I am selling an 03 sedan cluster exactly like the one used in this mod. It only has 21,000 miles on it. Nice work!
Old 02-25-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I bought a coupe gauge cluster....... hopefully everything will work..... cant wait
Old 02-25-2005
Registered!!

ruckus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
u put an 03 cluster in the o4 vp? do u know if an 01ex cluster with reverseglow guages will work in an 05 vp? i dont have a tach, but i want one
Old 02-25-2005

what? i have a 2001 sedan.

and to answer your question (again), yes, a 2001 ex cluster will work in your 05 vp. just take your stock cluster out, and plug the new (2001 cluster) in - no rewiring needed.
Old 02-25-2005
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
can't the dealer or any shop w/ a computer hook up to our cars and read the actual mileage, maybe not reflash it, but at least read what the actual is?
Old 03-04-2005
You cant spell CRAP without APC

MarylandEcstasy is an unknown quantity at this point
oh man in the quest i finally found an 03 5spd cluster from a lx sedan on ebay.. ONLY 2000 miles on it! thats way better compared to my 52000 miles..

by the way, wouldnt that be fraudulent if you sold your car with that tach and it read 2k when its supposed to be 50k? j/w
Old 03-04-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MarylandEcstasy
oh man in the quest i finally found an 03 5spd cluster from a lx sedan on ebay.. ONLY 2000 miles on it! thats way better compared to my 52000 miles..

by the way, wouldnt that be fraudulent if you sold your car with that tach and it read 2k when its supposed to be 50k? j/w

mileage rollback f00l. illegalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. carfax checks that ****
Old 03-04-2005

fock. i need an oil change. i just dont know how many miles i'm at right now though.
Old 03-04-2005
jdmtytedoridori

just change it now and make note of the milage its changed at. better than driving on the same oil too long.
Old 03-04-2005

i should let my car die.
Old 03-04-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
looks great!
Old 03-04-2005
Registered!!

Neptune is an unknown quantity at this point
thats cool, but whats wrong with the old gauges?
Old 03-04-2005
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome DIY, Infinite...very nicely done. If I may ask, where did you get the wiring diagram for the EX plugs' pin assignments? I was thinking of getting the 2003 LX gauge cluster (since my '01 is an LX), and I was wondering where I might find the updated pin assignments...
Old 03-04-2005
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
What about 01-03 cluster swap for 5spd ex's?....Is it the same as as this swap???
Old 03-05-2005

dma001 - search for cluster swap. there should be a post with pics. if you can't find it then i can probably find it in about 2 minutes and post the pics for you.

2k1civci01 - it's the same swap. pin for pin, it's the exact same swap.
Old 03-05-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I guess these really are the best gauges you could have. The next gen is gonna be completely different layout on the dash.
Old 03-05-2005
Registered!!

DAQIUN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
that cool
Old 03-05-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
do the 03+ sedan gauges fit clean into a 03 civic coupe? I like the blueness
Old 03-05-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Ya they're an exact match. No need to rewire it either. Just remove old one, add new one, and plug back in. Only thing is your mileage will change. Some speedo shops can reflash it, otherwise just make a note of it and take before/after pics so you can calculate the original miles later if need be.

Quick Reply: 01 to 03 cluster conversion - link to pictures!