Biggest Headache Mod - Page 3 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2005   #61
Registered!!

Keet will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEBEGEBZ
I think you guys are getting a little off track. I was asking about mods you regret doing because the products sucked not because it was difficult to do.
Ok I got one! ...my pathetic "chrome" wipers I bought from Canadian Tire. If they still looked the way they did the first day then I'd be happy, but NOO! The color completely faded in the sun and now they look like cheap junk. I complained to the manufacturer, they said the new product has a UV shield, they mailed me a new pair but they faded even worse cuz it was completely uneven, it just took longer.
But I must say the dual blades work really well so what the heck, right? I ended up spray painting them, but now the paint is flaking and peeling, what a nightmare!
Second would be my Vibrant aluminium pedals, but *ONLY* because vibration loosens the bolts over time, damn near got me killed. Otherwise I love my pedals.
Keet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #62
Registered!!

HEBEGEBZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same problem with my pedels coming off. At one time I was looking for total replacement pedels instead of covers but had no luck. I just had to tight those bolts up last weekend. Thanks for the story. That is just what I was asking for. Beter luck on your future mods.
HEBEGEBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #63
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Biggest Headache Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEBEGEBZ View Post
I was just wondering what your biggest headache mod was (the one that gave you the most trouble). Mine was a pair of angel eye headlights. I bought theses things and a month or so after, one of the angel eyes stopped working. Then came the rain. These things help water better than some cups I have seen. I will not even talk about the time I spent adjusting the light beam trying to get a good light output with not much success. After resealing the damn things about 3 times I finally got one of them protected from the water. But, the last straw was when I had to change my headlight bulbs twice in one month. Sounds like it is not a big deal but the way these things are made you have to take off the entire front bumper to do this. I just got sick of them and went back stock. I am starting to like them more now. A lot less headache and looks just as nice with all hyper white bulbs.

What mods do you regret?
I know this thread is old but its a good one.
Headlights have been my biggest headache mod.
I'm taking a bat to my projectors today!!
Also I have condensation from my DIY blackout.
man I'm pissed
MURDOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #64
Registered!!

Keet will become famous soon enough

Man, I haven't posted here in so long, and I'm kinda glad Murdock brought this back from the dead, thanks Murdoch. I got my password reset, LOL.

Well here's an update, I don't want to trash the Vibrant pedals at all, so ever since I tightened the bolts really good they never even flinched, they've been in place for over two years (I think they rusted into place... jk).

Also, the dual blade wipers, even though the paint is faded and peeled and crap, I use them in the winter for the frost and snow and slush, in the summer I put the stock ones back.

Now it seems every mod is a pain in the *** in some way. I keep scraping and cracking my body kit and then fixing it up cuz I can do fiberglass, it's so hard to avoid, but I'm getting good at judging where I can drive. Last time I cracked it was on a ski trip, in the "parking lot".

My drums are pissing me off, they were powder coated but the rust grows right on top where the metal shavings deposit, and they slowly eat through from the edges. They lasted 4 years and this year I'll take them off, SOS pad the rusted areas and use caliper spray to fill in the bare spots. I see some drums on 2001 Civics, just orange, rusted like hell, stock. So I know the powdercoat helped and it was also cheap.

I just have no time and money to waste on modding my car, so I don't have to worry about cheap products. I still want to buy rims and get my windows tinted, one day, but I need the cash right now in the bank.

Anyone still have underglow on their Civic? Tell me that isn't a pain in the *** if it even works. How many tubes did you go through already? I'm glad I never got those. I only know a few owners with LED underglow, you just don't see it any more.
Keet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #65
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keet View Post
Well here's an update, I don't want to trash the Vibrant pedals at all, so ever since I tightened the bolts really good they never even flinched, they've been in place for over two years (I think they rusted into place... jk).
Ever heard of thread lock? Try it, they won't loosen themselves.

As for mods being a pain, I only had one (which I knew would be a pain before I started it) that I hated doing because I'd done it in so many other cars. I still hate doing this to this day on any vehicle. Sound deadening. That's one of the most painful to put 150 sq feet of mat in the trunk alone. Especially being tall and having to do in car gymnastics to get to everything.

Other than deadening, I never really had any painful mods. A few time intensive mods, but none that were painful. The most time intensive was glassing the entire trunk, all three times because I changed the layout of the system. The next car I do, I'm doing it once and forgetting it. I'm not going to concern myself with aesthetics so much as the sound quality. I focused on SQ as well, but I also wanted to make it aesthetically balanced and pretty. It'll be form and function with stealth from now on.
PopcornPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #66
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

****..every mod i did went wrong some way or another..something always broke hehe
slowwhitecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #67
Registered!!

HEBEGEBZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to see that people are still enjoying this thread after such a long time. My pedals have not moved since my last tightening either. I also bent the brackets. I have not done much to my car in a while. I have been saving for another car. A family car. LOL. I think I have decided on the old school beamer "2001 BMW 750il". Hard to find but a sedan with a V12 is going to be.
HEBEGEBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #68
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

biggest pain in the *** has either been the hid's mainly b/c of **** blowing and having to replace stuff or my blacked out headlights that after resealing them 3 times still manage to leak once in a great while
mugenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #69
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

TSX Retro into Anzo projectors. Should have been easy, because it fits nicely, but it just keeps going and going.
bakertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #70
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough

HP Race Header ... Fawkin takes eight yrs to put in and on top of that shaving the subframe to still get that annoying rattling vibration from the contact of the header and the subframe ... SOLD them tahnk god ... not worth the trouble IMO
kuNhoHan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #71
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough

engine swap, going on my 4th engine on the em2 very soon
HondaLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #72
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Remember the DIY door insert thread I had writen up (even if you dont)- I changed my door inserts to red microsuede. Well... I had the idea of doing my headliner in the same stuff... wow, that took forever- such a rediculous amount of curves in it. Well I wasnt finished by the time I had to shoot back down to college after spring break... fabric was only half on... so I was like ****... couldnt put it back on, wanted to finish it up at school... so i ended up putting it in the car (which is a struggle in itself) and then pushing it back over the rear deck, and across the back seat- suprisingly it fit. I had to drive down the highway for 2 hrs with my seat all the way forward though.. sucked... especially when I had to take it out in the parking garage.

anyways, it took about three weeks to finish up- had it on my bed and I was sleeping on the floor with a sleeping bag... gosh. Finally got it on.

I got plans to change this... going to make a carbon fiber headliner.
TRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #73
Registered!!

cleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trusted

^^^^^i know how you feel i did my headliner and pillars it took a long time to do. but now i have to take it down because one of my jackass friends toched it. now it is saging a little .fun times is coming up fun times
cleanmagcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #74
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^^ everyone that gets in my car looks autistic in my rear view mirror kuz they always have their heads titled back, mouths open, writing in the micro suede.. what a pain in the ***... mine is sagging now too, i'm going to take it off- I got something in store for it. Did you end up removing the material on your headliner, or just apply new material over the orig existing material?
TRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #75
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuNhoHan View Post
HP Race Header ... Fawkin takes eight yrs to put in and on top of that shaving the subframe to still get that annoying rattling vibration from the contact of the header and the subframe ... SOLD them tahnk god ... not worth the trouble IMO
This is it right here. I could not agree more. The only diff for me is, I can't get anyone to buy mine. So theys set in the pile old car pars. But if there is anyone out there that wants to punish themselves then just let me know.
Alpha 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #76
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

I had the ingalls engine torque damper with a neuspeed strut bar, and that damn thing vibrated the crap out of my entire car. I used bushings on it and everything, it got better, but it was still damn annoying... Now its sitting in the floor od my garage.
blouisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #77
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

^ wanna sell it?
tuningmycivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #78
Registered!!

gsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura about

its my second tranny drop within 2 months... the first time was a biatche..... but i ogt it out in a day this time.... gotta remember where the bolts go... and stripping exhaust system bolts
gsniper666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #79
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuningmycivic View Post
^ wanna sell it?

Sure, but the strut mounting plate for the damper is under my strut bar, but my strut bolts are stripped and I have no idea how to loosen them so its pretty much stuck there.
blouisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #80
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

oh...nvm then
tuningmycivic is offline   Reply With Quote