Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Biggest Headache Mod (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/190499-biggest-headache-mod.html)

HEBEGEBZ 01-05-2005 06:31 AM

Biggest Headache Mod

I was just wondering what your biggest headache mod was (the one that gave you the most trouble). Mine was a pair of angel eye headlights. I bought theses things and a month or so after, one of the angel eyes stopped working. Then came the rain. These things help water better than some cups I have seen. I will not even talk about the time I spent adjusting the light beam trying to get a good light output with not much success. After resealing the damn things about 3 times I finally got one of them protected from the water. But, the last straw was when I had to change my headlight bulbs twice in one month. Sounds like it is not a big deal but the way these things are made you have to take off the entire front bumper to do this. I just got sick of them and went back stock. I am starting to like them more now. A lot less headache and looks just as nice with all hyper white bulbs.

What mods do you regret?

wrussi 01-05-2005 07:15 AM

doing my springs
it was my first time ever doing a spring job myself i have just seen it done before so i kinda knew what to do but it took me 2 days to get them changed almost 12hr working on them i finally finished and it came out good :) plus since that day i couldnt drive the car i got a ride by this hot girl from work :)

_Viper_ 01-05-2005 07:15 AM

Well I have to install OEM Fogs and the Honda performance factory Lip Kit on my 05 and I was told that it would be pretty difficult to do it so i guess this will be my pain in tha ass mod...

bluestreak 01-05-2005 07:28 AM

^ I've done both, they're easy..................OEM, says it all

Blahman2 01-05-2005 07:32 AM

installing springs is easy! should never have taken 12 hours for you. Took me like 2 hours.

TeLLy 01-05-2005 07:37 AM

Biggest headache mod? On my car that would have to have been the headlights - took me 3 tries to get them the exact colour I wanted, with no paint chipping off inside or condensation.

On any car I did, would have to be yellow-EL's audio. Took bloody forever, and we pulled like 14 wires through the carpet under his console and towards the back seat....lost all the little labels taped on so we had to experiment as to what wire went to what speaker. I think it took us almost a week of working like 5 hours a night to get that system installed, tuned, and tidied up to be show ready. Was worth it though, he took 2nd at Darknights that year.

XTREME2K2CIVIC 01-05-2005 08:36 AM

Lambo Doors... I installed them myself... Initial install was not all that bad but adjustment and alignment sucked a$$..... Oh and the wiring was a pain in the a$$ also.....

gearbox 01-05-2005 09:12 AM

Every mod I've done has had something go wrong. Just part of modding I guess. Oh my hardest was blue glow needles.

ty.barrack 01-05-2005 09:38 AM

Puttin on my generic CAI. It all went on pretty easy, cut there is an extension tube down near the bumper, and this big filter, had to jack the car up to put the filter on from under the car.

skipbarber 01-05-2005 09:44 AM

breaking or losing those white clips that hold our cars together. door sills, door panels, rear deck...name it, if they have those clips ive broken some. that goes for the little metal clips that hold in the radio console too..those shoot out into the abis, never to be seen again.

mndthegap1 01-05-2005 10:08 AM

i guess the 2 mods i regret the most.....
1. would be the systemim on my 4rth setup and i still want to change it again :hithead:
2. would be my paint.... im on my second custom paint and now I am sick of it..... cant wait to repaint the car again... :hithead: :hithead: this time 1 solid color done, decided against the lambo blue but narrowed it down to bently neptune blue or bmw laguna seca blue.....

hotrodcivic2004 01-05-2005 10:10 AM

blacking out my headlights.......it was fun it was just time consuming

AlpineCivic 01-05-2005 10:29 AM

I would have to say adjusting my Lambo Doors, and installing my $10K Alpine sound system! (not that I paid that much its just what its worth!)

jeffsta17 01-05-2005 11:07 AM

Changing my printers ink! lol...My downpipe and cat were a bitch to install cuz everything that could go wrong went wrong!

Also Slamming my Skyline was pretty hard, and getting my HID's in my civic...
http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...My_Car_070.jpg
http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...My_Car_063.jpg
:sweet:

C2i0v0i1C 01-05-2005 11:08 AM

the turbo project is still a pain in the ass

aznboysrfr 01-05-2005 11:19 AM

turbo, hands down

Vinnie 01-05-2005 11:19 AM

tein ss install was a pain, ran into so many unexpected problems :hithead:

Pharoh 01-05-2005 11:20 AM

my rear Progress sway bar. The factory endlinks were rusted solid and had to be cut.

toss up between that and my SiR steering wheel....the wiring for the cruise has to be routed elsewhere.

TeLLy 01-05-2005 11:38 AM

Dammit Pharoh, I still don't get why all you guys had to relocate your cruise controls....didn't need to relocate mine.....beh.

TheSmuggler 01-05-2005 11:43 AM

My HKS CAMP unit... never again will I do that lol

manthatguysfast 01-05-2005 11:45 AM

i had a problem with the dc headers because I stipped the hell outta one of the bolts due to a lack of the *correct* tools. i had to cut that bastard off.

robo1040 01-05-2005 11:56 AM

TURBO INSTALL - easy CLUTCH INSTALL - pain in my a ss

2K1Civic17"Gabe 01-05-2005 12:06 PM

I would say Ebay Reverse Indiglo's. Since they didnt come with any instructions. I just started tapping into all my wires, than fixing them, and finally found it. I found it thanks to a DIY on the net somewhere. Probably took like 2.5 hours, when it should have been 30. I was mad. Blacking out the headlights last night took some time, especially due to the rain/tornado warnings. Took forever to dry, but they came out awesome. The shop that was putting on my springs/shocks took about 4 days. I gave them my car for 2 days, they didnt touch it, got it for 2 or 3 days, and dropped it off for 2 more, they finished, than the alignment shop had it overnight. That was a major pain in my a**! Building a new trunk floor sucked, because the power saw busted at the beginning. I used a handsaw/dremel for it. Took a long long time (2-3 days), where a power saw would have taken 5 minutes.

It is all worth it though

hustlelikem0fo 01-05-2005 12:07 PM

being this low for a daily driver around philly all summer...... i got a beater so hopefully i wont have to go through that again next summer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...7PeaceSign.jpg

deciuss 01-05-2005 12:15 PM

sf turbo has been worse

spend 6 hours first night got every thing but tapped the oil pan could not get it down had to take every thing off. took it to a shop the next day and spend 500 bucks to get the rest installed.

bov problems after that so i had to dremel out the cross bar under the hood so that it would stop hitting the hood and wrecking the hose to it.

and the problems just keep coming.

realitycheck 01-05-2005 12:32 PM

Hustelikemofo, can you please tell me why I can see through your finger?

Too me as far as mods go, most everytime you do something. Something is going to happen. I've been laughing the whole time reading this especially about the guy who said he broke the little plastic clips, and also the metal ones going into the dash console. I lost one for when installing my head unit two weeks ago, I just heard cling, cling, cling. I couldnt find it then I got to running wires under my center console and looked and it was sitting right in front of me. So I put it back on. But like it said its always something that could happen, like gearbox said that just modding. You move on and mod another day! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

TheSmuggler 01-05-2005 12:33 PM

he prob moved his finger down therr right as the flash went off....

isuzu5000 01-05-2005 12:36 PM

keeping my car stock...being broke is a huge pain in the ass

HEBEGEBZ 01-05-2005 01:40 PM

Nice post everyone. It is nice to know I am not alone on this one. Any regrets about mods because the product was just crap.

SOHC 01-05-2005 01:44 PM

hmm ive been thru a ton of mods.. i think the biggest pain was either installing oem aero sides or taking out the rear oem 6x9 speakers... so much crap you have to take out to remove that rear shelf! and the worst part about it is that it was only after i finished putting it all back together that i realized i should have bottom-mounted the new speakers so that i wouldnt have to do it alll over again next time i wanna upgrade! :hithead: