Getting a Civic soon... suggestions? - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2004   #31
Registered!!

yche086 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I'll go with stock body kits, maybe a spoiler though, make a car look all that better. Its funny we don't get all that many magnesium civics here, I haven't seen one around at all, having said that, I haven't seen a 7th gen civic around for AGES. There's something with people and buying big cars here, lots of people with cars like the Holden Monaro (Australian car, it's rebadged and sold as the Pontiac GTO in USA).
yche086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004   #32
Registered!!

Have a look at this guys, the tinting law we have here. Lucky they got rid of that "no tints on the front side windows" stuff (yes, it used to be there weren't any tints allowed on the front side windows!)

What is VLT?

Visible light transmittance (VLT) measures how much visible light passes through a vehicle’s windscreen and windows. Clear glass has a VLT of approximately 85 percent. Most vehicle standards set 70-75 percent VLT as the minimum level for glazing used by the driver while they’re controlling a vehicle.

If an overlay is applied, the overall VLT level measures the light passing through both the glass and the overlay film.

Are there restrictions on overlays?

Yes. You can’t put mirror tints on your glazing.

Windscreens must have a VLT of 70 percent or more, and must not have overlays applied.

There are some exceptions. The only overlays allowed on a windscreen are anti-glare bands that comply with the Rule (i.e. extend no lower than the bottom of the sunvisors), and film overlay stone guards on trucks and buses.

Front side windows (glazing forward of the left or right of the driver’s seatback) must have a VLT of 35 percent or more, with or without any film overlays.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car_VLT.gif
Views:	28
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	43349  
Old 12-03-2004   #33
Registered!!

... and this is, the area that the neon lights must lie within, doesn't leave me with much options does it? I think I'll give undercar neons a pass...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lightsource.gif
Views:	30
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	43350