Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Getting a Civic soon... suggestions? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/185822-getting-civic-soon-suggestions.html)

yche086 12-02-2004 12:39 PM

Getting a Civic soon... suggestions?

OK guy I'm getting a Civic soon, early next year so when I go sale it in the future (that'll be like what, in 10 years time?) I can say its a 2005 and not a 2004!!! :sweet: Anyway I'm after suggestions on what I should get, colour, whether I should get the stock body kit, spoiler etc etc. I'll be getting a sedan, cos we don't have the coupe version here (come on, New Zealand is a small country that I bet half of you don't even know where it is! :confused: )

Basically I'm not gonna spend big $$ on getting it to run faster, but rather I'm thinking something that looks cool inside the car, e.g. I.C.E. neon lights here and there, just anything that I can think of basically, but I'm sure most of you have thought about these kind of stuff more than I have so I figured it'll be easier for me to post a message and ask for opinions here!!

jeffsta17 12-02-2004 12:43 PM

Get an 04 they look good...Go with some 12's (subs) in the trunk with a nice amp and some infinity reference speakers and a clarion touch screen player...That set-up would look nice. Go with black or white those colors are always good...Get some neons under the dash and under the car and in the trunk.

import2nr 12-02-2004 12:48 PM

get a blue color... blue is always good

stock body kit is the best.

ricergribbs 12-02-2004 12:49 PM

inca pearl yellow!!! if not then fiji blue.

ricergribbs 12-02-2004 12:51 PM

oh wait, scratch the inca pearl since i saw ur in new zealand and dont have coupes. yeah go with the blue then.

johnovan 12-02-2004 12:55 PM

Go with a different car.....new zealand is small, gas ain't a bitch

wrussi 12-02-2004 12:55 PM

Make Sure U Get The Ex

02civic_rida 12-02-2004 01:24 PM

DONT BUY A 7thgen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j.k..... i would go 4 door, ex i dont like the new 04s and up, i would keep with the 01-03 but make sure its an ex would be my only input.

yche086 12-02-2004 01:37 PM

Yep I was thinking either the blue or the black, maybe even magnesium metallic or shoreline mist, but I can't find a picture of cars with either of those two colours, so I don't know how good they'll look, anyone with photos??

And yea I'll be going for the top model - we get offered 2 versions here, a 1.5L and a 1.7L, now I wasn't about to go for the 1.5L version!!!! (P.S. johnovan I think you'll be surprised how expensive gas is in this little country!)

ricergribbs 12-02-2004 01:40 PM

this will give u a rough idea of the color if u havent checked it out already:
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...me=Civic+Sedan

acurastype01 12-02-2004 01:45 PM

oh lemme guess...another magnesium on the site? lol today the count of magnesiuum 04 coupes is up to 5 in my school parking lot including me

jeffsta17 12-02-2004 01:59 PM

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...My_Car_005.jpg
I like my color :hgrin:

beastiek2 12-02-2004 02:19 PM

Get an EVO

CivicsRdBest 12-02-2004 03:49 PM

Lucky lucky lucky, I wish I had that version... Yall get the luxery version because if I'm correct, there is a car that slots below the Civic there. That's why there is chrome and stuff on the sides. Of course, New Zeland was an English colony, so I'm assuming it too has opposite side steering from what we get stateside.

ty.barrack 12-02-2004 05:19 PM

get the hybrid good gas mileage, there are a couple dozen 7th gen civics here at my office, I have the 04 coupe but the hybrid looks really nice for a sedan, and it gets like 50 mpg or for you that's about what 90 KM per gallon.

yche086 12-02-2004 06:06 PM

Yea I would get an evo except for one thing - I can't afford one :cry:

Hybrid is definitely a consideration, I mean if they had a little bit more power on that car or if it was the same price as the sedan I would go and buy it today, but I guess one can't complain with that kind of fuel consumption. (And yes we get the steering on the right hand side~!!)

Right now, my plan is get a black or magnesium with blue neons (I'm obsessed with blue neons), under the car, or if I got a blue one... what colour neon would go well with that?

2K1Civic17"Gabe 12-02-2004 06:41 PM

I wouldnt talk about neons on this site, people might start talking crap to you. I think they look good under the car if they are done CORRECT. I see a lot of people do them in my city that look like total pig crap. A couple of my friends have some, but they look so pimp. One is an 03 Accord dropped, rims, exhaust, underbody neons looks good. Another is on a newer Prelude, and it looks so sick! Do it right, it will look awesome, just make sure the light shines evenly around the car, and doesnt shine straight anywhere from the light being blocked (dremel or remove plastic things under car works). Make sure they are sturdy and dont shake, either, and that they are totally straight. I see some ghetto crap, so make it look good, and youll love it! Good luck, enjoy your new car when you get it!

CivicsRdBest 12-02-2004 06:49 PM

Did I say that Black and chrome sides look good!??! Yeah, I wanted to say that... Although you can easily see scratches and stuff in black paint. That's the main reason my dad got a silver car the next time around.

Anyway, if you do put Neons, PLEASE don't make them green... I never did like that color...

dirtySAMURAI 12-02-2004 07:31 PM

What's so bad about green!?! :hgrin:

RE: Color - I really like the magnesium color offered on the 04-05 sedans. If I had a choice to trade in my 01 for an 05, I would definitely go for a Magnesium metallic EX sedan.

CivicsRdBest 12-02-2004 08:10 PM

^^ Green is ok if you have a green car... other than that though, it's very hard to make green lights look good, unless they're for Christmas...

JX6 12-02-2004 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by yche086
OK guy I'm getting a Civic soon, early next year so when I go sale it in the future (that'll be like what, in 10 years time?) I can say its a 2005 and not a 2004!!! :sweet: Anyway I'm after suggestions on what I should get, colour, whether I should get the stock body kit, spoiler etc etc. I'll be getting a sedan, cos we don't have the coupe version here (come on, New Zealand is a small country that I bet half of you don't even know where it is! :confused: )

Basically I'm not gonna spend big $$ on getting it to run faster, but rather I'm thinking something that looks cool inside the car, e.g. I.C.E. neon lights here and there, just anything that I can think of basically, but I'm sure most of you have thought about these kind of stuff more than I have so I figured it'll be easier for me to post a message and ask for opinions here!!

Civics are great,but don't complain about how slow it is.Get a manual if possible.I say swap the motor as soon as you get a chance.

yche086 12-02-2004 10:38 PM

Hmm, that's a good point about neons, plus the fact that the rule about neons are so damn strict here, but I'm sure if I spend enough time and effort into it, I'll make a good job of it :tup:

Cool, so right now I'm prob looking at a manual magnesium/black with factory body kit, I'll start from there and work slowly towards my goal I guess!

bentspoon 12-02-2004 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by yche086

please don't put neons.....

injencivic 12-03-2004 08:52 AM

damn i wish i could just get the new zealand model... or is the thailand model that has the k20 stock?

Injen

nindoo 12-03-2004 08:57 AM

The 05 are sexy with body kit or without. I personally like the oem spoiler, so thats my suggestion. I like white if you can get the 05 ex in white, or the blue is real nice to.

_Viper_ 12-03-2004 10:36 AM

Nindoo is right on the Money....I have an 05 Si(EX) SSM with OEM spoiler. Fiji pearl blus was our next choice..

I love the car the color and yes it occasionnaly turns heads

yche086 12-03-2004 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by injencivic
damn i wish i could just get the new zealand model... or is the thailand model that has the k20 stock?

Injen

I think the cars are made in from the Thailand factory - not sure what you mean the k20 stock though...?

againifall 12-03-2004 05:24 PM

if you have a lil thing called weather.. dont get black.. it will NEVER be clean and EVERYTHING shows up on it :(
im not a big fan of neons but they are nice when done right.. id go with white on the outside and maybe blue on the inside.. dunno what the deal is with cops there but they dont like blue neon here at all..
clear or swap the headlights.. smoke the tails.. get tint.. it looks so much better than no tint.. strutbars are nice and intakes make a nice lil noise.. and most of that stuff is under $200
body kits are nice but stock or even lips are good too..
swaps, turbo, N02 and all that stuff is great if you race but if you dont its just gunna get you into trouble.. IMO.. not to mention you gutta throw down some serious cash for that stuff..
rims and tires make everything better..
do as much work on it yourself as you can.. you will enjoy it more..
the people here on this site are SUPER helpful and theres always someone that knows how to do whatever it is yer tryin to do..

CiviCoupe2k2 12-03-2004 05:49 PM

My suggestion.... WAIT another year or couple of months...

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 12-03-2004 06:08 PM

don't do NEONS, they look ricey to me. it looks soooo stupid.
as for color, get the magnesium metallic/ satin silver metallic. you said you were getting the sedan right? well in US sedans don't come with a OEM lip kit from the dealer, only AERO Kit in coupes. IMO if you get 04-05 sedan, all you need is the sideskirts because the front and rear bumper has a "lip kit look" into it already. definately get a spoiler, looks better easily. get foglights as well. as for the interior, money speaks for itself, if you have the cash, BLING BLING!!! :D