Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Biggest MistakeSSSSSSSS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004
Balut Eating Champ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Biggest MistakeSSSSSSSS!!!

WELL HERE'S SOME OF THE DUMBASS MISTAKES I DID TO MY POOR 2k1Civic "SO FAR" DON'T BE A DUMBASS LIKE ME!!!

FIRST---When buying Angel Eye Halo Projectors, I don't care what brand it is, change the damn LEDs on the HALO's before you install them, coz they'll pop with in a month coz of the cheap *** resistors and or LEDs It'll save you lots of time, you may spend a couple a bucks for supplies and such, but it'll look better and brighter and less hasles---5th time to take my bumpers off for angel eye halo repair

SECOND---When cleaning engine compartment, make sure pliers, wrenches etc... etc... are out of the hood before you let the hood slam shut, and to avoid the "65MPH FREEWAY TOOL GIVE AWAYS FROM YOUR HOOD"
NOTE: IF THE HOOD WON'T WON'T LOCK AFTER YOU LET IT SLAM ONCE, AND IT SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING'S ON THE WAY, SOMETHING IS ON THE WAY--DO NOT SLAM IT TWICE OR THE THIRD TIME, COZ YOU THOUGHT YOU DIDN'T LIFT THE HOOD UP HIGH ENOUGH

BONUS DUMBASS POINTS!!!---When taking things off from the engine, make sure it's bolted back up!!! And if it smells like burnt wires or plastic? check it, DON'T WAIT TILL YOU CAR LOOKS LIKE A DAMN SMOKE MACHINE<<<<TALKIN TO MYSELF!!!
NOTE: IF YOU WANTED TO PUT PARTS BACK, BOLT IT! OR DON'T LET IT SIT THERE AT ALL!!!--I FORGOT TO SCREW MY WIRE COVERS AND FELL OFF FROM THE ENGINE AND MELTED ON MY DC SPORTS HEADERS CLEANED THAT DAMN THING ALL DAY OUT FREEZING COLD

IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY DUMBASS DIY's OR ANYTHING AT ALL FEEL FREE... POST IT HERE, SO OTHERS WHO LEARNED THE HARDWAY LIKE MYSELF, MIGHT BE ABLE TO SAVE THE NEXT DUMBASS IN LINE AND LET THE DUMBASS MISTAKES ROLL!!!

Last edited by pnoyster2k1cvic; 01-03-2004 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2004
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
HaHa thanx for the lesson...
Old 01-03-2004
Forum Sponsor

NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
oh you were so close to using every smiley available..

Old 01-03-2004
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Umm. . right. .

Don't touch the chrome when clearing your headlights.

Don't scratch the paint by trying to get the glue from your emblems off the car.

Don't scratch your car by slipping with the screwdriver when trying to shove foam inbetween the licence plate and it's holder.

Don't break your plastic peices in your car.

Don't use electric tape to cover your SRS light up.

Don't cut your carpet to feed wires through

Don't drop a clip behind the dash somewhere

Don't drop an Allen wrench behind the dash somewhere

Don't do a 180 with a girl in the back seat drinking apple juice

Don't pound on the dash looking for rattles

Don't use too much glue when gluing that rope neon stuff to your dash.

Don't break your rear deck

Don't Mount your spare tire under the car

Don't Use the trunk assist springs as props for your trunk after you remove them.

ummm. . I think that's about it. . lol

Last edited by pheaton; 01-03-2004 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2004
Balut Eating Champ

LMFAO

DAMN BRO!!! FEELS GOOD TO KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO JOINED THE 1001 DUMBASS CLUB LOL

NEVER EVER LET ANYBODY EAT OR DRINK **** ON YOUR RIDE...

LMFAO... THANKS BRO!
Old 01-03-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Don't store the sweetened coffee creamers in your back seat, thinking they won't leak

Don't try to install an AT Injen CAI on a MT ... your starter will spark like hell

Don't try to spray paint your trim without sanding/primering because you're trying to save money on the Aluminum trim

Don't use the Honda bolts for your exhaust manifold/midpipe

Don't let your ex-gf anywhere near your car
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

phatcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
when putting in the center console, when it gets stuck on something, dont keep pushing until youve marred up the soft trim under your radio & A/C bezel

when taking off the rear section, dont undo only one of the flange bolts at a time and bend the crap out of one of your flanges.

dont use cheap all purpose cleaner on your windows so they fog up completely and cuase you to not see out of your windows
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

hankscorpio is an unknown quantity at this point
don't be lazy and decide to put in the rest of the black tabs under your front bumper in at a later time. It may result in losing your right inner fender well and the other protective plastic around the bottom of the engine.

When putting the center console back in, don't think you can just make it by leaving the car in park and not putting it into neutral. It doesn't fit and may result in cracking of the console.
Old 01-03-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
umm yea dont forget to tighten your lug nuts all the way.... i think you can figure out why
Old 01-03-2004
Balut Eating Champ

Thumbs down NO TO TEACHING GF HOW TO DRIVE MT

HAHAHAHA LMFAO BUT THE BEST ONE'S THE EX GF NEAR THE CAR HAHAHA THAT'S SO TRUE... AND DON'T TEACH GF'S HOW TO DRIVE STICK EITHER, COZ THEY'LL RUN OFF WITH IT, AND WILL NEVER COME BACK FOR DAYS LOL
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

555 is an unknown quantity at this point
DON'T BACK UP INTO A BRICK WALL! (MY DEPTH PERCEPTION ISN'T VERY GOOD)
Old 01-03-2004
Balut Eating Champ

HMMM? AIGHT IT'S KOOL THIS TIME!

BACKIN INTO A BRICK WALL WILL DO... YEAH YOU GUYS! NO BRICK WALLS AND OR BACKING UP ON SISTERS CAR CRUSH HER HEADLIGHT AND BLAME IT ON OTHER PEOPLE AND NOT TELLIN HER THE TRUTH AND RUN OFF... LOL I KNOW I DID!
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

ebound is an unknown quantity at this point
Do not think that reverse-to-drive burnouts will NOT **** your tranny up if you only do it 3 times.....a day.

Do not think that reverse-to-drive burnouts and high-speed cornering will NOT change your tires to bald in 12,000 miles

...I used to be a horrible kid.

[edit]: Finally, do NOT, when removing the stock airbox, drop a 11 mm SnapOn socket into your engine bay. It was like 3 weeks ago. I've hit speedbumps, one curb, and I've been driving a lot, and it hasn't come out yet. I can't find it either. When I lost it, I backed the car out and nothing was on the ground. If any of you have seen it, please let me know.

Last edited by ebound; 01-03-2004 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-03-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by ebound
Do not think that reverse-to-drive burnouts will NOT **** your tranny up if you only do it 3 times.....a day.

Do not think that reverse-to-drive burnouts and high-speed cornering will NOT change your tires to bald in 12,000 miles

...I used to be a horrible kid.

[edit]: Finally, do NOT, when removing the stock airbox, drop a 11 mm SnapOn socket into your engine bay. It was like 3 weeks ago. I've hit speedbumps, one curb, and I've been driving a lot, and it hasn't come out yet. I can't find it either. When I lost it, I backed the car out and nothing was on the ground. If any of you have seen it, please let me know.
lol
you dont even know how many bolts, screws, and tools ive lost dropping in the engine bay or interior of my car.
Old 01-03-2004
Balut Eating Champ

Thumbs up "AND AGAIN, THE 65MPH TOOLS AND PARTS GIVEAWAYS"

@Ebound--- It should be on the plastic cover underneath your radiator, if not check right or left corner underneath headlights they have lil scoops there for somethin, I found the screw from my amp fuse there when it fell, LOL give it a try, give it a lil THUNK ON THE PLASTIC FROM UNDERNEATH, you might hear it pop LOL , if not it was on "65MPH FREEWAY NUTS AND BOLTS GIVE AWAY" like my stuff LOL

Last edited by pnoyster2k1cvic; 01-03-2004 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-03-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
When changing your summer rims to your stock rims for the winter....don't forget to take your wheel spacers off. Also, don't assume that the wheels are "OK" to drive on then...even though they're wobbily as **** and your steering wheel turns 3 inches to one side and 3 inches to other...faster and faster as you accelerate. Also...your wheels are NOT ok again if the lugnuts are loose when you check them...underneath an overpass on a main highway because it feels like your wheels are going to fall off...

Old 01-03-2004
Bodacious Member

jwalker87 is an unknown quantity at this point
DO NOT USE A LACQUER CLEARCOAT OVER ENAMEL PAINT!!! Tried that one on my interior trim...had to spend like 2 days scrubbing all the paint off...bad idea. Still doesnt look smooth.

DO NOT take a turn too hard when its wet, run into a ditch and destroy your front bumper, both radiators, washer fluid reservoir, AND the a/c compressor.

Thank god thats it for me.
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

JayJay is an unknown quantity at this point
I learned this recently:
Don't use an ice scraper to scrape ice off the headlights
Old 01-03-2004
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
dont ever try and clean the outside of your car with a hard sponge it will sratch, dont ever try and put a huge box in the trunck and scratch the paint a little, dont put a parking sticker on your bumper cause you wont be able to get it off, dont park next to idiots that will rub your bumper or hit your car with their doors
Old 01-03-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
oh yea i just remembered to not rear-end mustangs... the old ones will blow up, and the new ones will f*** your car up
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
DO NOT MISTAKE THOSE CIRCLES UNDER YOUR CAR FOR JACKPOINTS.... unless you enjoy having a fat hole in your car....

Last edited by JCiv03; 01-03-2004 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Do not ever think you can scoot up a little farther to the parking barrier hump thingy. It makes a horrible sound.
Old 01-03-2004
where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on deals...

muzhik will become famous soon enoughmuzhik will become famous soon enough
dont put sand bags in your trunk to make your car look lowered in the back... lol
Old 01-03-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by pheaton
Don't Use the trunk assist springs as props for your trunk after you remove them.
roflmao...yeah...I did that...then it slipped out of the way and the very very heavy trunk lid slammed into my back....ouch.
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Dont hit a deer

STAY AWAY FROM STUPID DRIVERS, AVOID PATHFINDERS AT ALL COSTS

Also stay away form trees (my old car)

dont over tighten bolts....

Dont try to take out the crank pulley with the improper tools

Dont try to jack the car up in the wrong place...

Dont clean your foot break/pedal/clutch with armor all

Same goes with steering wheel^^

dont use a brush to wash a black car
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Dont ever leave whiteout anywhere in the car...especially the trunk

Do not rush painting DIY's

Do not leave your car un-alighned....it drives like **** and if you ever get into an accident Ie. you have to break hard fast your going to go all over the place....mainly off the road and probably hit a TREE

Last edited by cdmx; 01-03-2004 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Make sure you disconnect battery while you are working on I.C.E
I blew up 7 fuses while i was installing Pioneer LCD indash TV.
Old 01-03-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by MREEZYSMRS
don not let any of you guys near my car
Old 01-04-2004
Balut Eating Champ

Thumbs up YEEEYYYAAHHH!!!

HAHAHA THIS IS GREAT! WE ARE ALL IN UNISON ON THIS ONE! I FEEL SO RELIEVED!

BUT ON THIS ONE I'LL GIVE TO THE SANDBAGS ON THE TRUNK!!!

WELL MY DAD USED SOME SANDBAGS ON HIS TRUCK COZ IN GUAM THE ROAD ARE MADE OUT OF CORALS, AND WHEN IT GETS WET, IT'S PERFECT FOR DRIFTING... DRIFTING OFF THE ROAD AND INTO THE TREES AND BUSHES OR INTO SOMEBODYS REAR BUMPER! DAD'S ON HIS 4TH ONE ALREADY LOL!

ANYWAY, SINCE HE THOUGHT THAT HIS TRUCK AIN'T GETTING ANY GRIP, HE THOUGHT PUTTING 8 SAND BAGS LAID OUT ON THE BACK OF HIS TRUCK WOULD MAKE HIS RUBS STICK

BUT LATER THAT MONTH, HE FIGURED HE'S F@#$IN HIS AXLES UP AND TOOK EM OFF, HMMMM? DAMN IT! NOW I KNOW WHY I STARTED THIS DUMBASS THREAD , WAAAAA IT RUNS IN MY BLOOD!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Last edited by pnoyster2k1cvic; 01-04-2004 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-04-2004
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
all the scratches on my car makes me sad, but i figure ill worry about the body of my car if i evefr want a body kit, until now ill pretend they are arent there

Quick Reply: Biggest MistakeSSSSSSSS!!!