Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Biggest MistakeSSSSSSSS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Biggest MistakeSSSSSSSS!!!

trying to explain to people why you cant come is even better. most of them say just drive it anyway, i dont think they understand whats required to actually be able to use a car lol.
Old 04-28-2007
Bone Stock!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

dont drop bolts or tools into your car, whether it is the engine bay, the dash, the inside your door
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

AequitasVeritas is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Don't run nitrous on a ceramic header...it melts
2. don't race drunk and shift from 3 to 2 at redline....you'll be buying a new head
3. get a bypass valve for you CAI...you'll probably hydrolock your motor

LOL
Old 04-28-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

Wish I couldve gotten a different car in the 1st place instead of a civic........
Old 04-29-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice

dont forget to cut the bumpstops or dont forget the put the bumpstop back in when installing Tokico's....damn it Adam
Old 04-29-2007
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute

go 30km/h over a speedbump
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

guitarchan16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't street race an undercover cop in a mustang...you might win, but you still lose!

Last edited by guitarchan16; 04-29-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-29-2007
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road

Don't have a Sprite can in your backseat because when you break it will fly forward and hit your amp that's under your seat and burst all over the place.

Don't take out your center console and eat fast food because you will have a drink to bring back to the car. You'll put the drink on the ground (b/c you have no cupholders) and forget that it's there and drive off.

Don't buy the RS Lip kit because the sideskirts will tear, and the rear just won't fit from the beginning.
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

Blkfilipina is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NO TO TEACHING GF HOW TO DRIVE MT

Originally Posted by pnoyster2k1cvic
HAHAHAHA LMFAO BUT THE BEST ONE'S THE EX GF NEAR THE CAR HAHAHA THAT'S SO TRUE... AND DON'T TEACH GF'S HOW TO DRIVE STICK EITHER, COZ THEY'LL RUN OFF WITH IT, AND WILL NEVER COME BACK FOR DAYS LOL
It's more like "don't teach your bfs how to drive sticks otherwise they'll run off with the car thinkin they're all cool cuz they think they can handle a manual and instead, they'll crash it." Yeah... that sounds more like it.
Old 04-29-2007
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough

dont let somew jackass at the tire shop will tell you the 45s will fit instead of yoru 40s, cause having to hear hte tire hit the fender everytime you hit a bump sucks
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

kelton is an unknown quantity at this point

when you install after market rims listen to your dad and check to be sure the wrench that comes with your car will fit in the holes around your lug nuts....and then get a flat tire 40 miles away from home.....oh and just so you know if you have Motegi FF7s an acura legends wrench will fit in the holes but the one that came with your car will just stip the nuts
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

cato1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kind of different....

Don't promise your wife you won't work on the car in the driveway (becaue of what the neighbors might thing....wtf ever), wait 'til she goes to work, and take on a project that will definitely not be finished before she gets home.

That was bad choice 1, the second bad choice was realizing I needed to have some fiberglass shaved from some parts, so I went down the street to the shop, and she came home to my front bumper, fenders, jack stands/jack, and a host of other crap, sitting in the driveway I wasn't supposed to be working in....damn it.....

Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

cato1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

DAMN typos.....I really need to start clicking preview before I post that ****...
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

gsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura about

don't get wiring specs from your dad that says all the negatives are positives...

don't get a cheap ball joint separator and rip the covers on 4 ball joints in 2 months....

don't forget to label parts when dropping out the engine and transmission to find that you have an extra bracket left over when you finished puttin it back together...

don't let ur friend lean on the car when the hood is open and loose the clip for the hood prop.... its now zip-tied down....
Old 04-30-2007
Ricky Bobby style, IWGF

02civic21 is a jewel in the rough02civic21 is a jewel in the rough02civic21 is a jewel in the rough

dont take off your bypass vavle from your CAI then forget about it and drive through a puddle that nearly submerges your intake filter and when ur car dies try to start it resulting in 2 (yes i said TWO) giant holes in your block because your intake sucked a 1/2 cup of water in to your #1 cylinder. breaking the piston rod and cracking the head

DINNNNNNGGGGGG
what was that sound?
i dont know. try it again
it wont turn?
hmmm. sounds like a new engine to me

........****
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

^^^^ OUCH! That makes me wanna cry...
Old 05-03-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Don't get stupid drunk and think you can quickly throw the amp back in your car before going to bed.

And if you try to put the amp back in your car when you're drunk, don't hook the positive wire to the negative terminal and the negative wire to the positive terminal.

And if you hook the wires up backwards, don't hook the battery back up and turn the car on. The fire isn't your biggest problem, getting the smell out is worse.
Old 05-03-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Don't leave a full unopened soda can in your car during the summer... it explodes

Dont drive without your front bumper, goodbye fenderliners..

Don't use old gasket sealant on your rear main seal, it will turn to crap and leak worse

Don't beat on your car it will cause you to buy a new engine....and transmission

You can only buy tires for so long before you finally get a damn camber kit

19" tires are EXPENSIVE

No cold air intake, header, or shift **** will be worth your while on this car

Project headlights suck... unless it's a retrofit in which case retrofits in anything other than OEM will prove that aftermarket lenses suck even more

If you wear through your floormat, get a new one or you'll be buying new carpet

Halos? Ahh lets not go there.. I am sorry Lord and I will never do it again

You will spend three times as much effort and time returning your car to the way you got it.
Old 05-05-2007
Registered!!

Got Boost? is an unknown quantity at this point

Do not keep pulling on your hood latch in the interior below your front dash because its only plastic and mine snapped off lol.

Do not jack your car up on a uneven surface......

Always make sure no condinsation makes into your head lights it stinks....

Ive never done this but dont let anybody smoke in the back seat

Thanks for the tips and tricks guys
Old 05-05-2007
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Originally Posted by Rufus

If you wear through your floormat, get a new one or you'll be buying new carpet
I have to agree with this one....
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Rufus
Dont drive without your front bumper, goodbye fenderliners..
I learned this too when i was working on my Lambo Doors. Driving along and I just hear this loud buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound...not even thinking about it rubbing my tires (especially since i have a 2" drop). And it ate a hole right through it , luckly i caught it before it was horrible, so it only made a 1/4 inch hole.

I did figure out a fix for it though as well. You know the 2 screws and like 12 of those plastic things that you have to take off when you remove the bumper...well after you've taken the bumper off, put the screws BACK in the hole because it holds the finderliners in place against the center black part that it goes to when the bumper is on. Then as long as you keep it under 60, you should be good go go.
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

bioweapon is an unknown quantity at this point

If you like how your soft foamy dash looks around your climate control, dont EVER forget the two 8mm security bolts behind the cigarette lighter that hold the stereo in.
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

mike21190 is an unknown quantity at this point

when soldering wires, dont touch the solder to see if its hot enough
Old 05-11-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

OLD School thread!!!
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough

Don't put a body kit on your car EVER!!!!

Don't start your car with the negative and positive on your battery mixed up. Every fuse in you car will blow.

Don't finish installing a turbo, start your car and rev the sh*t out of it and remember that there is no oil in the car.

Don't drive you car when you are missing screws that hold your bumber on the car, because you bumber will fly off on the highway.

TYC headlights SUCK!!!!!!!

Lambo doors SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by trurace
Don't put a body kit on your car EVER!!!!

Don't start your car with the negative and positive on your battery mixed up. Every fuse in you car will blow.

Don't finish installing a turbo, start your car and rev the sh*t out of it and remember that there is no oil in the car.

Don't drive you car when you are missing screws that hold your bumber on the car, because you bumber will fly off on the highway.

TYC headlights SUCK!!!!!!!

Lambo doors SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha This should be a lesson to every 18 year old with their first Civic
Old 05-12-2007
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

TYC headlights arent too bad.
Old 05-12-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by trurace
Ha, I just posted this further up on this same page! I didn't blow any fuses though, just caught the carpet on fire.
Old 05-13-2007
Registered!!

BigD001 can only hope to improve

when intalling spring or coilover make sure to do it the sameway as the other side and fully remove to shock and dont drink or have drunken buddie help you. I had a buddie who told me that he didnt have a remove the whole shock when intalling his springs, and the right shock got stuck in the wheel well and my car had to be towed the a shop to fix it 600 bucks when its was done!!!

make sure when that every bolt is out befor removing radio dash part

Dont let friends that are high as hell drink code red in your car if you have tan inside your car

dont yet other people smoke in you car

If its your first car that stick dont think your speed racer and try to trup 2nd gear ever chance you get. Im paying big time for that!!!!

If you remove the screw on the bumper liner make sure its in the hole tightly when puting it back before driving. The screw fell out and i ran it over

If a buddy has a s-10 extreme with wide 18 rims on it dont fall him. My buddys truck picked out a rock and flinged it and chip my windsheld racing

And last don't call n02 nos to someone that know alot about cars

I know i might be blasted for some of this but i was only 16 when all this had had happen, young and dumb and watched F&F to many times

Last edited by BigD001; 05-13-2007 at 02:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

candeycane164 is an unknown quantity at this point

DONT LET A LARGE FAT GUY SIT ON UR HOOD.... will result in 2 very large dents in the hood...
also..
DONT SIT/LEAN BACK ON UR CAR WITH KEYS IN UR BACK POCKET... it leads to many scratches...

Quick Reply: Biggest MistakeSSSSSSSS!!!