Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Biggest MistakeSSSSSSSS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by xam
that is EXACTLY what happened to me
Yeah, I lost one of the plastic fender things as well. I dont have any plastic under my bumper anymore (thanks to IC). I wish I didnt hack it up a month and ahalf ago, now I need a new bumper, and dash.
Old 04-28-2005
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
oh also regret putting grease on the upper bearings in the front struts after putting nuespeed springs on.
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
don't touch the disc brake rotor by accident after driving around breaking in and testing out your new brake rotors and pads. unless you like melting the skin on your hand.
Old 04-28-2005
where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on deals...

muzhik will become famous soon enoughmuzhik will become famous soon enough
Don't pound on the dash looking for rattles
haha... i always do that
Old 04-28-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Skunk2ner
don't touch the disc brake rotor by accident after driving around breaking in and testing out your new brake rotors and pads. unless you like melting the skin on your hand.

done that too.

I also had my CAI filter fall out from under the car on my frist test drive in about 10 seconds. I was driving by my house so my friends could hear (yeah Im a ricer, lol), and it was all loud and crappy as i ran it over, hahahahaha.

My FMIC fell off too on the first night of test drives. Luckily its still in perfect shape. Never mount an IC with zipties, haha, we used belts and electrical tape to hold it on afterwards. Im ghettp as hell. Its on by coat hangers now, hahahahahaha. still gheto pimpin.

Always disconnect your battery to avoid a fire in your engine bay, haha, i knew better too, just got lazy like I always used to. Not anymore, always disconnect no matter how little the job if electrical.

My car has gotten stuck on entrances/exits too places from being too low. I have had both side skirts sitting on the ground not letting me move until a lot of spinning tires.

I warped my brakes the first time boosting as well, stock brakes suck!

Ive done some other stupid sh**, but I am embarrased enough already, haha
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

Jeromie is an unknown quantity at this point
dont go behind the car get on your knees and smell the exhaust to see if your runnin rich. cough cough
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

nova4dr_racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Make sure you put you lug nut key in your glove compartment when you finish installing you wheels
I had to order another one and its $$$ at waste
Old 04-28-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
My car has gotten stuck on entrances/exits too places from being too low. I have had both side skirts sitting on the ground not letting me move until a lot of spinning tires.

I ripped off my mud flaps the other day on a speed hump. Thats a horrifying sound.
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

Daemones6 is an unknown quantity at this point
1. Don't put windshield wiper lights on your car. They will leak eventually, and after you've had your car for awhile, they're just tacky.

2. Anytime you get ANYTHING installed at a shop, make sure they give you the stock parts back BEFORE you leave.

3. Don't get 215 width tires. We don't have rear-wheel-drive cars, and you'll quickly get over how cool the wide tires look and realize they just use up more horsepower.

4. Getting boosted? Get eManage

5. Don't bye parts on eBay that aren't brand named because the picture looks cool.
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

skratch_munkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jeromie
dont go behind the car get on your knees and smell the exhaust to see if your runnin rich. cough cough

hahahaha... that brings back memories. after test driving his car, a friend of mine for some odd reason decided to bend over and touch his exhaust tip . all I remember is hearing this sizzle and this high pitch scream . my friend comes running up from behind his car screaming like a little b****. he ran strait into his his house and didn't come out for like an hour. I was shocked for about 5 minutes. totally speachless. after that I was on the floor .

I guess you had to have seen it for yourself in order to grasp how funny that s*** was.
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

Theeyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Use the jacking points...dont just stick the Jack under any part of the car....you can bend your radiator support (just like me)

Dont park your car at a not very well liked friend's house, people who dont like your friend wont like you and your car and will shoot your windows
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
lol im worried about grounding out..

not to do.. umm

dont drop anything into the engine bay. it may be open. but you won't ever see it again.
don't take yoru dash apart and leave it apart waiting for something to come.. min'es been apart for well over a mnth now lol
holding a 12vdc 4awg wire in your teeth cause your friend said he had the fuse unhooked if u havnt check = stupid
stupid friend.. :|
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Dont hit Deers

Dont scrape the undercar

Dont wreck
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Don't start the car to hear your engine one last time before installing your new header.

I almost did, actually got the key in the ignition and thought "Hey wait a sec..."
Old 05-10-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
speakin of headers...

Dont have yoru hand between the header and the exhaust pipe when you loosen the last bolt. good way to break a bone.

Dont drop your sockets down yoru exhaust pipe and decide that just fireing it up and shooting the socket out the back is a good idea
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
dont stand to close to your exhaust after driving 300 miles at about an average speed of 75-80,....still missing leg hairs,......(mine sticks out a lil bit,..going to trim it eventually)
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
dayam.... i think the only thing that i wish i never did was ....... try buying things online...... ive had the hardest time, but as for the car
everything i did, i thought out very welll.....................................

hahah , well besides when i first got my car, had the neon lights all over the inside of my car goign to my bass ahahhaha
Old 05-10-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bobsagator
Don't start the car to hear your engine one last time before installing your new header.

I almost did, actually got the key in the ignition and thought "Hey wait a sec..."
LMAO, good stuff
um yea, that cig cherry between the legs post reminded me of a story from a long time ago... when I was in middleschool... a kid was playing w/ a firecracker in a friend of mines car... he "accidently"(this part is still debated to this day when we get together and drunk, lol) lit the cracker, got scared and attempted to toss it out the window... well, see, the window was not open and the damn thing bounced back into his lap and went off.... I dont remember exactly what happend after that but he put a hole in his pants, and the seat, and burned his leg pritty well... so yea...
Old 04-27-2007
Registered!!

cerasoli1188 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Biggest MistakeSSSSSSSS!!!

found this thread while scrollin around haha some good mistakes there i think this was a good one to add ... my buddies sister broke down we opened her hood and there was a hammer wedged between like the radiator and sh*t ............ how i don't fkn know .... um i'd say don't drop hammers in there but what would u be hammering anyways ....
Old 04-27-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Don't pound on your tie rod bolts with a hammer because they won't come out and bend the threads beyond being able to screw the nut back on them.

Don't pull on the metal part attached to the radio trying to get the radio out until your hand has multiple slices and is bleeding all over the plastic pieces.

Don't leave blood on the plastic pieces for a month.

Don't try and shift gears with the hand that is carrying a full can of Coke.

Don't throw trash out the window with the same hand you have the stereo remote in.

Don't slam on the brakes and get out to run back and pick up a remote you threw out the window.
Old 04-27-2007
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point

^ HAHA wtf...
Old 04-27-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

dont use a cheap drill bit to drill a hole for your new spoiler...i did and it snapped, driving the drill head into my trunk leaving a BEAUTIFUL dent....

dont let the passenger near u get to close to the shifter stick in an automatic while driving at a decent speed.... if ur as lucky as me, they might slip somehow and knock the D into P................................awesome sound..

dont black out ur headlights if theyre starting to look yellow..

dont try drifiting ur automatic in the rain......when you dont know how.

dont tell the cops uve been arrested for stealing cop cars before when they pull u over...

dont cut off a cop trying to get ur place in traffic....

dont let ur brother borrow ur car to go to the "ghetto" to buy some..supplies

dont try and "ghost ride the whip"

dont use ur e-brake if u own an automatic

dont take ur car to the movies on the opening night of a big RACE MOVIE
(hey guys i just saw tokyo drift, i can drift!!!!!!!)

dont attach a filter directly to ur throttle body

dont say i told u all of this...
Old 04-28-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by l00pb4k
Dude, I think I saw it on the 101 N in Scottsdale...it was heading up to the Pavilions.
Ya, I think I saw it rolling down highway 1 here in Alberta, was it silver?
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

Derwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't straighten your radiator support by tying your car to a tree and going into reverse..... not only does it mess up your car worse- your apartment manager writes up a bill for the broken tree real quick
Old 04-28-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice

dont park near tree's cause it will fall on your car
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

acchione is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by joescivic02
-Do not buy cheap EBAY mufflers
-Do not buy altezzas
-Do not back up into other cars with dark window tint
-Do not buy 17s for show
-Do not buy cheap subwoofers
-Do not grind second gear
-Have fun and learn from past mistakes!

buy at least 18's for show

also...ALWAYS swerve AROUND road kill. Even if you think it's not that big. Engine splash guard will crack in half.
or park near trees that have nuts that fall off when it's windy.
Old 04-28-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't read through this entire post, because it's so damn long and my connection is slow, but:

Don't forget to lock your hood pins on your CF hood.....that **** smashes your windshield like a bitch!
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

dragonzspirit will become famous soon enoughdragonzspirit will become famous soon enough

dont try to play hero and avoid a dog in the street while midway in a narrow turn; youre just gonna slam into the sidewalk and screw up everything.
screwed up both 17's on the right side, bent frame, knuckles, control arms, etc. $800 in parts, $1100 in labor, and 1 month without your car isn't worth it in my opinion...unless the owner of the dog is a hottie
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

acchione is on a distinguished road

Forgot one --> don't buy ceramic headers if you live in New York
Old 04-28-2007
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about

When installing vertical doors, don't let your buddy go hammer out the other side of the car after you put on your first hinge while you're trying to get a jump on the wiring and assume he knows what the hell he's doing. There's cardboard in there now. It's so ghetto.

Also don't think it'll take you 20 minutes to install a new header and then make plans with everyone that you will have to cancel later because your car is still on jackstands.

Some of the earlier responses had me rolling!

Quick Reply: Biggest MistakeSSSSSSSS!!!