Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Shock oil?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glamabilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Shock oil?

So I’ve got a blown ksport coilover. I know how to take them apart, and how to recharge them. The seals are no different than hydraulic cylinder seals, so I will have no problem replacing them. My big question is what weight of oil do they have in them? Does anyone have any experience with rebuilding their coilovers, or is this question going to be the one step beyond what we collectively know? I guess I could measure the viscosity myself, but am hopefully going to find the answer here.
Thanks.
Old 04-21-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Shock oil?

Talk to k sport
Old 04-24-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glamabilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Ksport will not tell me, or they don’t know. They said they were manufactured in Taiwan, so ksport North America havs no info to give. Rebuilding or revolving a shock is really one of the more simple things you can do, it’s just the oil viscosity that is an unknown for me. It’s not a huge problem, I can rebuild all of them at the same time and replace all of the oil in all four dampers, but was hoping to do just the one to get me back out on the road.
Old 04-24-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

If they won't answer... Sorry, few do know that...

Call other shock manufacturer? Bilstein rebuilds theirs, maybe they will be willing to answer what they use