Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

01 civic ex sedan suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rta60460 is an unknown quantity at this point
01 civic ex sedan suspension help

I recently purchased some koni str t and am looking to either get the tein s tech ska22 (everywhere I look tells me a different spring rate for some reason)or megan springs spring rates of 280F and 230R...I know the koni str t cant handle high spring rates and aren't recommended to drop car under 1.5" so I am staying within that range....Looking for opinions on which of these two springs to choose....also I plan on doing this work myself and have never attempted it so can anyone tell me if there are any other parts I will need to do this job? like mounts or anything of any sorts? I have no Idea how the strut and springs go together as far as what I might have to use off the old struts and what is recommended to just replace...I plan on using youtube for instructions on how to do the job..with youtube and forums like this I can do just about anything lol...thanks for any help or advice in advance..
Old 03-12-2014
Registered!!

Re: 01 civic ex sedan suspension help

Originally Posted by rta60460
I recently purchased some koni str t and am looking to either get the tein s tech ska22 (everywhere I look tells me a different spring rate for some reason)or megan springs spring rates of 280F and 230R...I know the koni str t cant handle high spring rates and aren't recommended to drop car under 1.5" so I am staying within that range....Looking for opinions on which of these two springs to choose....also I plan on doing this work myself and have never attempted it so can anyone tell me if there are any other parts I will need to do this job? like mounts or anything of any sorts? I have no Idea how the strut and springs go together as far as what I might have to use off the old struts and what is recommended to just replace...I plan on using youtube for instructions on how to do the job..with youtube and forums like this I can do just about anything lol...thanks for any help or advice in advance..

well according to tein website they are 157 front and 291 rear..why are all other springs more in front an less in rear but these are opposite?
Old 03-12-2014
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

Go with Eibach. Not many people run Megans on this car.
Old 03-12-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by got2run5
Go with Eibach. Not many people run Megans on this car.
the sportline drops to low for the str to handle I think...so the eibach pro?
Old 03-12-2014
Registered!!

Are you sure? On Koni's website I don't think it specified a drop amount. Sportlines are 1.5, Pros are 1. I'm running Pros on strts in back and blues in the front and they seem to be holding up perfect.
Old 03-12-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

concerning installation, check the sticky on the top of the page.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...info-pics.html

just the spring compressor? Not sure if the pros needed compressor to install back, tho.

can't for the life of me remember if the eibach needed indexing the springs, but do a search on it. avoids clunking.

parts that *could* start making noises after a suspension install (old parts, maybe the increased stress of lowering makes them finally go):
1) top mounts
2) sway bar endlinks.

so be aware of them.

have some extra cash, most usually finds more to repair after installing the suspensions.
Old 03-12-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I would replace the tie rods while it's apart. End links also, if you have the money.

I had Sportlines, they were nice.
Old 03-12-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by got2run5
Are you sure? On Koni's website I don't think it specified a drop amount. Sportlines are 1.5, Pros are 1. I'm running Pros on strts in back and blues in the front and they seem to be holding up perfect.
well I've read a lot of things on forums and majority says the str t shouldn't be on a drop more than 1.5" or spring rates higher than 300 or they won't last very long and will blow...I know they have lifetime warranty, but who wants to keep doing that job and replacing them...so I'm just trying to get the longest life from them by going no lower than 1.5" and using a softer spring
Old 03-13-2014
Registered!!

I think Sportlines should be fine then if that's the drop you want. Strts are similiar to blues and people have run Sportlines on the blues. As long as it's a dd, not a weekend racer I wouldn't think you would have trouble. However, the Pros work for sure. If you go with the sportlines don't forget a camber kit.
Old 03-15-2014
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

You have lifetime warranty on the koni. You should be fine with the sport lines