Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

What do you guys think of Tein H Tech springs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSMCivicCoupe will become famous soon enough
What do you guys think of Tein H Tech springs?

Hows it going? I have decided to lower my civic, not a whole lot but just enough to get rid of some of the wheel gap. Came across the Tein H techs and saw on their website that it is a little less then a 1 inch drop all around. What do you guys think? Are they good springs? Hows the drop? And is it worth it? Dont really have the money for coils so trying to settle just for springs on my stock shocks. Thanks
Old 08-24-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you guys think of Tein H Tech springs?

I like Tein products.. Have no experience with the h-techs though. I ran with the s-techs on stock shocks for about 36000 miles before installing Tokico blues.

They were nice, comfy springs, a bit stiffer than stock. Ride quality got even better when I mated them with the blues. I can only assume the h-techs are of similar quality.

The htechs have a lower spring rate, so the ride may feel close to stock. According to Sandro's (sdaidoji) spring rate thread :https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...-material.html
the htech spring rates (140F/257R) are really close to his OEM estimations (150F/250R)
Old 08-24-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

I have had the htech on my accord paird with tokico blues. They ride very very smooth. It's more of a luxury smooth than a sporty smooth. They lower your car very minimally, I think about an inch or so. Pretty much if you want a very soft ride them get Em
Old 08-25-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i personally dont think its worth getting anything less than 1 inch lowering springs. might as well stay stock if you want the soft ride. the teins will barely be noticable and you still have to put in the money for camber kits, probably valved shocks for lowering springs like tokicos, and alignment. with all the money you spend, at least get a spring you will actually notice some difference in ride and looks.
Old 08-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSMCivicCoupe will become famous soon enough

I thinking of just ordering Tein S Techs since it gives a 1.4 drop and also RiceBoy ran them on stock shocks for 36000 miles which is more then enough for me to getter better shocks later since I don't really drive much for now. Also when installing these anything I should look out for when installing? Any problems that I might run into that I should know ahead of time since this is my only transportation. Thanks
Old 08-28-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Just because ryceboi got 36000 miles on them doesn't mean you will. Most ppl on this forum that I have seen seem to blow their oem shocks within a year