Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Spring popping when turning (New suspension and mounts)

Old 05-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reqy will become famous soon enoughreqy will become famous soon enough
Spring popping when turning (New suspension and mounts)

I just installed new Tokico suspension and H-Tech Teins with new OEM Strut Mounts and bearings. Whenever I turn hard left, you can hear a distinct popping sound. Looking under the car, you can see that the springs aren't turning smoothly at that angle. They kind of do a slight tick at the top of the spring. The bottom part of the spring is seated fine and doesn't move.

Does this usually correct itself over time or is there a problem there I need to fix.

Maybe with an issue with how the spring is seated at the top?

2003 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Old 05-31-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Spring popping when turning (New suspension and mounts)

Spring indexing
Old 05-31-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

^ agree

Check here:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...like-pics.html
Old 05-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reqy will become famous soon enoughreqy will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the quick reply, guys.

The Tokico's should have a mark too where we can align it, right? It's kind of dark outside right now but I can take a look tomorrow when I get back under there.

When I was watching a videos and DIY's they talked about the rears lining up, but not the fronts.

Thanks again!
Old 06-01-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

They should have a mark on them but if not you can tell the orientation of the bottom perch from where the tie rod arm is in the picture.