Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Few questions before installing my new springs :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vi3tx13oy is an unknown quantity at this point
Few questions before installing my new springs :)

so I've recently ordered tokico hp struts and tein s tech springs of eBay for a total of about 550$. i've searched a lot around the forum and it seems to be a good setup for a nice drop. i live in Canada so i don't want to go any lower than 1.5' inch. i didn't order a camber kit yet, but i will after the installation. anyway, i have a few questions that need to be answered if you guys don't mind.

1) is it really necessary to cut the bump stops?

2) am i missing anything else that i need to buy except for camber kit?

&& i've seen the diy on how to set up springs and all but im scared something wrong might happen during the install. and what if i get popping sound like most civic members does after installation. should i take it to the shop??

Thanks
Old 04-29-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Few questions before installing my new springs :)

DIY it, but clean the bolts off with a bit of brake cleaner and soak them in PB Blaster once a day for a few days before you attempt the install.

The popping sound many people get is caused by their tie rod ends being damaged during the install, it's not really avoidable whether you take it to a shop or DIY. The other common cause of popping is the spring being aligned improperly, but that takes 5 minutes to fix.

1.) I didn't cut my bump stops and I've never had a problem, plenty of travel still.
2.) I would seriously consider upgrading to ES LCA bushings, if your spring install goes well you could probably pull you LCAs yourself too.
Old 04-29-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,450 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

yup, at the least the compiance bushings, have them in hand, or you could just lift the car and inspect them now
potentially, the top mounts too.
Old 04-30-2011
Registered!!

thanks for the advice, but all the item you guys mentioned aren't mandatory for the install right?

&& does the top mount fit or do i have to get a new one?
Old 04-30-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

not required until they start making noises later on

the springs are made to fit the stock, so they should work
Old 04-30-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

you should get a camber kit and install it WHILE you are installing ur suspension.

it'll save you the time of having to tear ur car apart again.

then you can go get an alignment
Old 05-05-2011
Registered!!

yeah thanks, is there any diy on how to install a camber it? is it easier than installing springs? and what about rubbing, i heard a lot people lower their car and their wheel rubs, do i have to worry about that?
Old 05-05-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

camber kit is 3 bolts. just torque to specs.
wheels - depend what you have. there are guys around with 19" and don't rub