Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

weird help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about
weird help.

i bought skunk2 coilovers and i got them on my car and it works, drives a bit bumpy but not that bad...but the weird part is that the back is higher than the front ..and the i set to the same level in the front and the back. so i was wondering is that normal or wat..? thanks..
Old 06-30-2007
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: weird help.

haha, you don't set coilovers like that. you just turn them until you like the height.
Old 07-14-2007
Registered!!

thatdamndeejay will become famous soon enoughthatdamndeejay will become famous soon enough

adjust the hieght. there should be a key that came with the set. I had skunk2 coilovers but i wanted something more stiff. And at the time i had oem shocks so the ride was hella shitty. If you have oem shocks then you should most def buy another set of aftermaket cuz your oems will blow soon. But i just counted 15 notches or threads on the coilover and set em to that. looked great.
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

sound_bwoy is an unknown quantity at this point

You should look into the tokico blue's or yellow's according to how low you're planning on dropping your car
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

Supermeng08 is on a distinguished road

yea...i discovered the hard way...MY STRUTS ARE BLOWN OUT THE WATER...if i were u i wouldnt ride on the oem struts for too long or ur going to go thru tires left and right especially if u dont have a camber kit! Coil over are adj...so u adj to the height u want. The back naturally sits higher than the front! Trunk=no w8...hood=Motor...u figure it out!...high rate struts and spring/coilovers will do u justice!
Old 07-15-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sure he appreciates all the extra help, guys. but, unfortunately, he has bigger problems now.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...7129-crap.html
Old 07-18-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

^That's a serious bummer. Bad Karma for those people. Anywho....

There are several factors that determine the physical height characteristics or your Civic.
Suspension pre-load: This is the weight which is being placed onto the shock and the amount of compression of the spring and shock when the car is stationary.
Weight distribution: We have more weight up front because our engine is up front and Civic's are pretty small not too much out back.
Original OEM height: The OEM shocks are designed to function at a specific height. If you change that height using a different spring or coilover, the shock is still try to push out to get to that height.

Therefore, if you want it lower, you can just reduce the preload by unscrewing and effectively lowering that threaded ring which holds the spring up. As for weight distribution, there's no too much you can do about that, besides putting more weight in your trunk. And lastly, the OEM height for the 7th gen civic is in the rear is higher then the front. So if you are using regular shocks then as I said up there, it's trying to push up more.

Did you saw you're getting new full coilovers in another thread? Because that's the best way to go.