Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Matched Spring / Shock kits (Koni, H&R)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Matched Spring / Shock kits (Koni, H&R)

Well Im lookin at these two for my new suspension (my b&gs are done). Prices are about 700 for both, Koni have a lifetime warranty and are dampening adj. and H&R arent; both lower about 1.8" or so. These are just a bit more than blues and Goldlines so Im wondering if the extra cash is worth it. Anyone have any experience using these for normal driving? Any information is good. ty.

H&R

Koni
Old 07-17-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Re: Matched Spring / Shock kits (Koni, H&R)

*im wondering if the koni yellows are inserts???
Old 07-17-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

well looks like konis use the stock struts so NOOO
Old 07-17-2007
Registered!!

SSRcivic will become famous soon enoughSSRcivic will become famous soon enough

I have this exact setup and love it. I autocross every so often and drive my car at least 50 miles each day. The koni's are inserts up front, but you can get the rears from tire rack that arent inserts. Just pm me with any other questions.
Old 07-18-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

i'm looking at goldlines and tokico blues for about 550 right now. i think im going to go with that set-up just because of success others have had with it.

for konis, i dont have the stock suspension, so i have no strut casings to use.
Old 07-18-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by blouisgod
*im wondering if the koni yellows are inserts???

just buy the stock top mounts separately from majestic honda. its not that expensive.
Old 07-18-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

just bought new ones to replace my 01s - dont you need the front strut housing to sleave the new koni into?
Old 07-18-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by blouisgod
just bought new ones to replace my 01s - dont you need the front strut housing to sleave the new koni into?

yeah your right. the koni i put it were for my integra. The integra ones are double wish bone, so it was a direct replacement. The 7th gen civics are McPherson struts, so yes you do need the original factory strut housing.

link for the directions and whats needed for the front install. The rears are straight forward and i believe you just need the rear top mounts since its double wish bone rear.

http://www.koni-na.com/pdf/boltstrut.pdf
Old 07-18-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

doesn't look like a bad setup... im about to be running my Goldlines with D-specs
Old 07-18-2007
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough

you can run this combo without replacing the stock struts? or do you need to replace them. not a bad price for spring/shock combo, front and rear included right?
Old 07-18-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

the h&rs are replacements with using stock top hats. the konis are direct rear, but need to be placed into the struts for up front. the h&rs are about 750 though... i like the lifetime warranty with Tokico stuff, so im kinda leaning towards those and goldlines, over these two setups.
Old 07-18-2007
Registered!!

SSRcivic will become famous soon enoughSSRcivic will become famous soon enough

Ive had my Koni's for over 5 years and still no problem. They still adjust the same as the day I bought them. The installation only took me about 4hrs with a lift, cutting wheel, and hand tools, and this was when I was 16.
Old 07-18-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

i would get konis because they have such a good rating, but ive long ago trashed the stock suspension since i went to B&G coilovers. i actually just got a set of blues for 320- ill roll on those until i get the b&gs revalved.