Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Koni's????

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nighthawk1903 is an unknown quantity at this point
Koni's????

What size koni's fit my car(03 civic ex)50 or 55mm
And are they really worth it?
Old 03-03-2006
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
55mm

yes
Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

Diablo is an unknown quantity at this point
55mm for 03 and no they are not worth it.
Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

nighthawk1903 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanx
Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
ive had konis with ground controls since 2002 and never had a problem.
i had 1 (the driver rear) blow but that was it in 4 years.. so i say they are good.
Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

k30n6 is an unknown quantity at this point
will the 55mm fit my 05 civic lx?
Old 03-03-2006
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
The only civics that use the 50mm insert are the 01's and some of the 02's. every thing else uses the 55mm insert.
Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
not worth it. I thought about it and i decied not to do it.
Old 03-04-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah.... those of you who don't think its worth it, evidently don't have a use for them.
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

I feel they ain't worth it. I know i have replaced mine about 6-7 times maybe more i lost count. they are junk. they last as long as stock struts when the car is lowered. The people at the Koni warranty department told me they are not made for lowered cars. I just wish i would have known that before buying them. I guess i don't have a use for them they didnt last long enough for me to make it to the track at Miller Park to do some Autox.
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

hdave is an unknown quantity at this point
yes 55mm for 05 civic

not worth it for you ppl who wont use them to their potential
Old 03-05-2006
Autocross Junky

Originally Posted by Diablo
I feel they ain't worth it. I know i have replaced mine about 6-7 times maybe more i lost count. they are junk. they last as long as stock struts when the car is lowered. The people at the Koni warranty department told me they are not made for lowered cars. I just wish i would have known that before buying them. I guess i don't have a use for them they didnt last long enough for me to make it to the track at Miller Park to do some Autox.

Funny I 've had one set on my car for the last three years and havnent had a single problem... and thats three years of Daily driving, Autocross and open track... I'm not exactly nice to my suspension...

question, how low do you have your car droped?
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

I had it on H&R springs. and changed it to neuspeed thinking i needed a stiffer spring but the same **** happened. I'm thinking on ordering the progress full coilovers. what do you think of them? do you think they will handle good on auto x?
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Ive had mine since early 2003 and still work great. Night and day difference in handling.. well worth it IMHO.
Old 03-06-2006
Autocross Junky

Originally Posted by Diablo
I had it on H&R springs. and changed it to neuspeed thinking i needed a stiffer spring but the same **** happened. I'm thinking on ordering the progress full coilovers. what do you think of them? do you think they will handle good on auto x?
once again, Freaky... I've had eibach sportlines on my konis for the last three years.

Progress makes some good stuff, problem is the dampers are not user adjustible.... so you're stuck with a fixed damper rate unless you ship them back to progress for re-valving. it would be a bit of a handycap for compitition, as you cant easily fine tune the cars handling.
Old 03-06-2006
Living Life Turn After Turn

04civic07 will become famous soon enough04civic07 will become famous soon enough
hey zzyzx, i'm also riding on eibach sportlines. i know that eibachs are the best, or to my knowledge, but never new what the spring rate are for these things. any idea?
Old 03-06-2006
Autocross Junky

Originally Posted by 04civic07
hey zzyzx, i'm also riding on eibach sportlines. i know that eibachs are the best, or to my knowledge, but never new what the spring rate are for these things. any idea?

They are progressive rate springs, so there's no "fixed" spring rate, just a range of spring rates as they compress. But, Eibach doesnt release that info any way. All I know is that they are WAY too soft for compitition (I hit the bumpstops on the nose in sweepers) but then thats why a set of Ground Controls are my next addition.